Cheesed off with Price drop and OH!!!!!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

merryone

Registered Shopper
The phone rang this morning, I answered it, and it was a representative from Sit up's call centre in India, asking to speak to my husband. He has used the channels in the past, but not as far as I know recently. I passed the phone across, and I could hear him saying "no", "no", "no", from what I could hear they were telling him that someone had used his card to try and make an expensive purchase, a mobile phone. I butted in, and said, "well you know, I've just ordered a mobile phone...."well, you've put it on my card and now it's over the limit!" "No, I haven't", I replied, and thought perhaps that for some reason that I'd used our joint credit card, which incidentally, I am the main cardholder for, and that I'd accidentally keyed in the details for his card, even though I was pretty certain I'd put it onto my debit card. I rooted around for my purse, and pulled out my credit card and it was the one with my name on it.
In the meantime, I could hear OH telling the operator to cancel the order immediately so the money could go back on his card, and that I can re-order from scratch if I still want the flaming thing..I managed to stop him, as I'd waited for this phone to drop to a decent price, and he reluctantly allowed me to speak to the operator. I answered the usual security questions, then told him the last 4 digits of the credit card, no, that's not what we've got here, then what digits do you have I asked...."I'm sorry Madam, but I cannot tell you!"...I pulled out my debit card, the one I swore blind, I'd used to make this purchase, and said "right, is it XXXX?" "Yes, Madam, it is!" "Well, that's my own debit card, and I don't even have the same surname as my partner, so it seems there must be some kind of mistake on your part. He asked whether I still wanted the phone, which I did, but he offered no apology for any mix up whatsoever. I totally appreciate that these companies are on the look out for fraud, but there was clearly some kind of glitch this time. Really don't understand it though, as when I won the bid, it said "congratulations Suz" and I received the usual confirmation email too...all very weird!
I am a bit concerned and shall be checking my statements very clearly, and yes OH has apolgised profusely!!!!

when i purchased my marcasite watch (see my thread on that) because it was at 11pm i used the no ring back which i set up went to bed 12-15am my phone rings its PD to confirm my order i said i was asleep i used the no call back oh sorry it obviously didnt work DERRRRR now O/H is awake not impressed he gets up at 5am and is a grouch all day and in the end the watch was a pile of doggy ddooooos

up date on price drop refund had phone call this evening they have now refunded me everything including the returns postage horray not sure i will buy from them again though

The phone rang this morning, I answered it, and it was a representative from Sit up's call centre in India, asking to speak to my husband. He has used the channels in the past, but not as far as I know recently. I passed the phone across, and I could hear him saying "no", "no", "no", from what I could hear they were telling him that someone had used his card to try and make an expensive purchase, a mobile phone. I butted in, and said, "well you know, I've just ordered a mobile phone...."well, you've put it on my card and now it's over the limit!" "No, I haven't", I replied, and thought perhaps that for some reason that I'd used our joint credit card, which incidentally, I am the main cardholder for, and that I'd accidentally keyed in the details for his card, even though I was pretty certain I'd put it onto my debit card. I rooted around for my purse, and pulled out my credit card and it was the one with my name on it.
In the meantime, I could hear OH telling the operator to cancel the order immediately so the money could go back on his card, and that I can re-order from scratch if I still want the flaming thing..I managed to stop him, as I'd waited for this phone to drop to a decent price, and he reluctantly allowed me to speak to the operator. I answered the usual security questions, then told him the last 4 digits of the credit card, no, that's not what we've got here, then what digits do you have I asked...."I'm sorry Madam, but I cannot tell you!"...I pulled out my debit card, the one I swore blind, I'd used to make this purchase, and said "right, is it XXXX?" "Yes, Madam, it is!" "Well, that's my own debit card, and I don't even have the same surname as my partner, so it seems there must be some kind of mistake on your part. He asked whether I still wanted the phone, which I did, but he offered no apology for any mix up whatsoever. I totally appreciate that these companies are on the look out for fraud, but there was clearly some kind of glitch this time. Really don't understand it though, as when I won the bid, it said "congratulations Suz" and I received the usual confirmation email too...all very weird!
I am a bit concerned and shall be checking my statements very clearly, and yes OH has apolgised profusely!!!!

Would just like to say the same thing happened to us, seems they do not care who pays as long as somebody does!!!

I had almost the same situation as i reported here:

http://www.shoppingtelly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8899

Latest posts

Back