Disappointing Morganite

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

obliqua

Registered Shopper
I love pink gems and i gave into temptation and bought a 1ct Morganite ring - it looked lovely on the screen and it was around £60 however I am so disappointed - there is hardly any pink color at all - its really washed out.

I am just unlucky and should send it back or is that how it is supposed to be - perhaps if I paid more i would get something better!

thanks

Hi Obliqua and welcome to the forum. If you are disappointed, send it back, something better always comes along. There's no point in keeping something that you won't wear, and £60 is £60 to spend on something else!

:doggie:

I really love my morganite, bought from Gems TV a long time ago. They marketed it as 'Medina Morganite' at that time...not sure if their Morganite is still from this supply. I love it because it is so clear and lively with a subtle peach colour. I guess it comes down to personal preference, to me, as it is something you either like or don't. I have sent back quite a few kunzite's in the past until I found the right colour which was a 'Patroke', all the others were too pale! However, the paleness of the Morganite was never an issue...guess I'm just weird

Morganite is the pink version of aquamarine, both from the beryl family. It does have pale clear look, I think that is why QVC have started putting into rose gold settings to give it deeper colour. I have medina morganite which does have a faint hint of peach to the pink shade. Kunzite has more pink in it, but this can fade over time. If you want Barbie pink then you should checkout Pezzotaite.

I've sent for about 4 different morganite rings over the last couple of years. None were terribly expensive, but they all went back as I could barely see any colour - they looked like glass. I don't know if it's a case of getting what you pay for, but I've given up - I'm sticking to kunzite in future!

When i was buying actively from Gems i purchased a number of morganites from them, out of 5 or 6, only one had the colour i was really looking for. Its very hit and miss if you get a good morganite, and my best one came from another channel and was classified as Medina morganite.

:Hiya: Obliqua

Sorry to hear you're disappointed with your Morganite ring. There's nothing worse than opening the box and getting that sinking feeling.

I would suggest you try Rocks & Co. I know I've been pretty scathing about them of late, mainly due to their presenters getting me so mad that I nearly have a cardiac arrest, but my hubby bought me a Morganite ring (amongst others) from them back at Christmas and it's really lovely. It's 3.17 carats, yellow gold and a beautiful proper Morganite colour. It cost £59 but I personally believe their prices have substantially increased since then. Here's a pic to let you see

Attachments

• 351405.jpg
    351405.jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 192
Last edited:
many thanks for all your helpful replies i have sent it back - the pic of the ring from rocks & co looks gorgeous so i will hopefully have more luck there :)

I have to agree about Rocks and Co's Morganite. I don't buy from them as much as I used to in the past (I might buy something once every 1-2 months now) but the other day I bought a gorgeous Morganite pendant. It is a lovely salmon pink colour - really intense. I have not seen a Morganite that colour before. The challenge now is to find some earrings and a ring to match!

Anyway, here it is (pic from the site):

688521.jpg

I have to agree about Rocks and Co's Morganite. I don't buy from them as much as I used to in the past (I might buy something once every 1-2 months now) but the other day I bought a gorgeous Morganite pendant. It is a lovely salmon pink colour - really intense. I have not seen a Morganite that colour before. The challenge now is to find some earrings and a ring to match!

688521.jpg

Oooo, that's lovely, Holly!

Those are lovely pieces, and a huge and colour-full pendant went this morning, too, at a decent price. I watched the morganite hour on Gems and have a couple of rings in my basket as they looked ok for colour on the TV screen, but time will tell.

688521.jpg

Just to let you all know, I managed to get an 8.5 carat morganite to match my pendant (the pendant is 9.2 carats). I am very happy because the pendant is one of the rarer colours and the ring matches perfectly. All I need now are some earrings! I am not going to hold my breath tho...but you never know! :)

487897.jpg

I love pink gems and i gave into temptation and bought a 1ct Morganite ring - it looked lovely on the screen and it was around £60 however I am so disappointed - there is hardly any pink color at all - its really washed out.

I am just unlucky and should send it back or is that how it is supposed to be - perhaps if I paid more i would get something better!

thanks

I've lost count of the number of Morganite pieces I've sent back and almost gave up 'til I finally got a pendant that was a fabulous colour. Wasn't best pleased to see it go cheaper later and then a LOT cheaper later still, but consoled myself with the fact that as consistency is not Gemstv's strong point, they were probably returns that weren't up to scratch. :shrug:

:Hiya: Obliqua

Sorry to hear you're disappointed with your Morganite ring. There's nothing worse than opening the box and getting that sinking feeling.

I would suggest you try Rocks & Co. I know I've been pretty scathing about them of late, mainly due to their presenters getting me so mad that I nearly have a cardiac arrest, but my hubby bought me a Morganite ring (amongst others) from them back at Christmas and it's really lovely. It's 3.17 carats, yellow gold and a beautiful proper Morganite colour. It cost £59 but I personally believe their prices have substantially increased since then. Here's a pic to let you see

Klos, I've got exactly the same Morganite ring!!!!!! I had given up trying on Gemstv and bought an expensive one from another channel in white gold that I had lusted after for ages and I adore it, but when I saw this at such a good price (it had that Diniz chap guesting) it seemed rude not to buy it so I could have one in yellow gold. They're much nicer than the pic aren't they?

Hollybee, that pendant and ring are fabulous!!!!!!!! :clap:

Latest posts

Back