Pocket Surfer Problem

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

mimi

Registered Shopper
I didn't buy my pocket surfer from IW but I guessed I might find fellow owners here. Firstly let me say I wish I had never brought one but I have it now so I might as well use it.

However my sub has now run out and despite emailing the company I cannot get an answer as to how to renew it. Also it will not now connect to the internet as I have no mobile signal despite always having one. Is this because I have no sub. or because (as I read elsewhere) they have changed providers from Orange to Vodafone?

I have had my pocketsurfer over a year so I cannot send it back :(

Any help would be apprciated, looks like it's not only IW that have terrible customer service.

I didn't buy my pocket surfer from IW but I guessed I might find fellow owners here. Firstly let me say I wish I had never brought one but I have it now so I might as well use it.

However my sub has now run out and despite emailing the company I cannot get an answer as to how to renew it. Also it will not now connect to the internet as I have no mobile signal despite always having one. Is this because I have no sub. or because (as I read elsewhere) they have changed providers from Orange to Vodafone?

I have had my pocketsurfer over a year so I cannot send it back :(

Any help would be apprciated, looks like it's not only IW that have terrible customer service.

So I guess it's no longer under guarantee? What a bummer, perhaps you could ask for help in a Vodaphone shop, you never know. Also are they're any other ways of contacting the company other than email? Might be worth trying another way. Really hope you get this problem sorted,as it's not a cheap piece of kit by any means, and to have it rendered as a useless piece of plastic after just one year's worth of use is disgusting!!! Good luck, keep us updated won't you?

I bought one for my son which he never used and ended up selling on ebay after a few months. I'm afraid I got taken in by the presenter's spiel.
I do wish you luck in getting it sorted, maybe you could try selling it and recoup a bit of your money. :1: I was going to suggest you contact IW to see if they could help as they sell so many of them, but realised I was being completely stupid again! You don't want high blood pressure, a massive phone bill and apoplectic rage on top a defunct pocketsurfer!

Last edited:
I bought one for my son which he never used and ended up selling on ebay after a few months. I'm afraid I got taken in by the presenter's spiel.
I do wish you luck in getting it sorted, maybe you could try selling it and recoup a bit of your money. :1: I was going to suggest you contact IW to see if they could help as they sell so many of them, but realised I was being completely stupid again! You don't want high blood pressure, a massive phone bill and apoplectic rage on top a defunct pocketsurfer!

I don't think she got it from IW, also wouldn't think there's be much call for a pocketsurfer that doesn't work, you'd have to be upfront and honest about the problems, and I guess the amount you'd get for it would be buttons, if anything at all. Such a shame, think the only joy you'll have is if you perservere in contacting the company you subscribe to, or maybe the company from whom you bought it, though I would imagine that after a year, they are under no obligation to help you. Again good luck! Might be better off writing it off as an expensive mistake if you find it's stressing you too much..really annoying though!

Hi merryone, I realised mimi didn't buy it from IW but if they had been a 'different' sort of company they may well have had the answer to the sub problem. I don't think the pocket surfer is broken, it just needs the subscription renewed.

Hi merryone, I realised mimi didn't buy it from IW but if they had been a 'different' sort of company they may well have had the answer to the sub problem. I don't think the pocket surfer is broken, it just needs the subscription renewed.

Yes, good point...wouldn't be half so bad if customer service wasn't based thousands of miles away!

I don't personally own one. However, whenever I have a problem with an electrical item, I tend to google it with "forum" after it or the name of the problem. For example, "pocket surfer forum" or try "renewing subscription pocket surfer" or "pocket surf problem solver" etc.

This method usually brings up at least one site that covers the what I need to know.

Hope this also works in your case Mimi.

Thanks all. :)

Very little shows up when I google. The only things that do show up are that the customer service is bad and that they never answer emails or phone calls and also that there is a new version of it (so I'm assuming the company have lost all interest in the older version). So basically I think I'm left with a piece of useless plastic that's only about 18 months old. My next step is to write to the company and ask them (politely) what their game is.

Just as with a mobile phone you won't be able to connect to their network without an account, it will be the same with the pocket surfer as it's relying on similar technology.

Renew your account with a provider and you should be up and running again - or sell as a pocket surfer with no account.

Thanks all. :)

Very little shows up when I google. The only things that do show up are that the customer service is bad and that they never answer emails or phone calls and also that there is a new version of it (so I'm assuming the company have lost all interest in the older version). So basically I think I'm left with a piece of useless plastic that's only about 18 months old. My next step is to write to the company and ask them (politely) what their game is.

I bought a Pocket surfer from IW but had to return as it wouldn't charge and hold charge. So then i bought from the well known auction site, but like you could not log onto internet. (It was a brand new device and hadn't been registered) Upshot is they currently have it to fit new sim, I think they are Vodaphone now. Must say emails etc have been answered promptly, perhaps an email to tech support will bring a result, they observe offfice hours!

Latest posts

Back