Bloddy ideal world

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Gem Genie

Registered Shopper
As if I haven't had enough hassle with that Raphael Comforter debarcle.

I was daft enough this evening to fall for the sales pitch of the Little Yellow Steam Cleaner.

I ordered it online earlier and have already had my invoice email.

Now it is on air again with a special deal of 16 micro cloths as well for £51.99 plus p & p which takes it over the "order anything over £50 and get a £10 voucher" threshold.

I tried phoning to cancel the original order to order the new deal and got through to bloddy India again only to be told by the chappie that he could cancel my order but there would be no guarantees that it would not be sent out to me. I would need to call back again in 48 hours to check that it wasn't. I asked to be put through to customer services and was put on hold for ages ......and ages.....and ages. These are flamin premium numbers for goodness' sakes.

I hung up in the end and could kick myself for falling for the sales pitch again. It does look a good little cleaner but I promised myself that I would not order from them again because they are such a hopeless company to deal with.

Not fair though at all introducing this better deal late at night when so many have probably ordered earlier on today and lost out.

What a shame. I am sorry to hear this happened to you. As someone who has been caught out in the past, I have a tip for you. Before buying anything from any shopping channel, ALWAYS check their website. You would be surprised at some of the deals on the site that do not appear on the TV! Sometimes they have things on the site that sell out before they make it onto the TV. Whenever I am going to buy anything from Ideal (or elsewhere) I always have a good rummage on the web while watching and stick things in a basket to reserve them until I have had a good look at everything - on the site AND on the screen!

H

What a shame. I am sorry to hear this happened to you. As someone who has been caught out in the past, I have a tip for you. Before buying anything from any shopping channel, ALWAYS check their website. You would be surprised at some of the deals on the site that do not appear on the TV! Sometimes they have things on the site that sell out before they make it onto the TV. Whenever I am going to buy anything from Ideal (or elsewhere) I always have a good rummage on the web while watching and stick things in a basket to reserve them until I have had a good look at everything - on the site AND on the screen!

H

I bought something off the web (see my post on the waterfall jacket and camisole) that was a set and on screen was separate items. Despite checking with the call centre that it was a set they only sent the jacket. Now got a case going through trading standards over it.

Latest posts

Back