Alexandrite

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Klosblue

Costs nothing to be nice!
I know very little about Alexandrite and don't own it, however as an Alexandrite novice I have to say I have just seen the first Alexandrite which I actually liked! TJC have had a couple of pieces on and now I can see why others on here have praised it so much. Maybe the stuff I've seen on other channels is not as good quality and that's why it's never appealed to me before but this is lovely!

Oooooh I love Alex, Klos! I have 3 iddy diddy rings, 2 pendants and a pair of stud earrings. Definitely time you got a piece home for a look. :D

Have you got any item numbers so I can have a peek?

I know very little about Alexandrite and don't own it, however as an Alexandrite novice I have to say I have just seen the first Alexandrite which I actually liked! TJC have had a couple of pieces on and now I can see why others on here have praised it so much. Maybe the stuff I've seen on other channels is not as good quality and that's why it's never appealed to me before but this is lovely!

Wash your mouth out KB!!!! Just have a quick shuftie at my avatar! THAT'S what a lovely Alex should look like - a little slice of colour change loveliness. Now how can you say "no" to a gem that has a split personality?

Wash your mouth out KB!!!! Just have a quick shuftie at my avatar! THAT'S what a lovely Alex should look like - a little slice of colour change loveliness. Now how can you say "no" to a gem that has a split personality?

Oops I didn't realise that was an Alexandrite!! :Faint: Well I did say I was a novice and knew very little about it didn't I? I just thought I'd prove it too :54:

Well I take it all back - now I know that's what your Avatar is then TJC's isn't the first I've seen that I like because yours is gorgeous!

I'll go now :Scareds:

If you can find an Alexandrite like Meesh's avatar, you would be doing brilliantly because it's truly droolsworthy! I have a couple of pieces from Gems when they were selling the Russian Alex, but they are tiny and nothing like that. I'm still pleased I have them as they are pretty and I find the colour change fascinating. I'd give it a try - you can always send them back if you are disappointed irl or the colour change isn't up to much.

:) KB /Jacqualina

KB - go for it. As Jacqualina said, you won't know until you see it. Be prepared to see no colour change and then if you do, you'll be happy! The majority of Alex I've seen is bottle green during the day (and the one in my Avatar is) and then under electric light will turn either a purple or a purple with shades of pink. It should change effortlessly. You shouldn't have to sit in a dark room angling the ring/pendant at a candle!!!! Very very very rarely will you ever see red. It's much more of a purple tone than red.

Jacqualina is right however - colour changers like the one in my avatar are very rare indeed. If you find one, keep hold of it and don't let it go EVER (unless you sell it to me of course!). I'm not sure whether it's still on this forum lurking around but I did once post a video of an Alex pendant to show the colour change. Unfortunately it's a nightmare to photograph / video but it did give an idea.

Good luck in your quest!

Meeshoo I'd love to go for it but I can't because I'm on a "no more jewellery until the house is finished" quest!! The builders are coming in on Monday to demolish and rebuild my porch, remove my garage door and replace it with a window and extend the room behind it so after that I'll be skint!! I'm on holiday for week 1 of the work and hubby has week 2 off so I'll have the pleasure of getting up early every morning and then listening to my dogs barking their heads off at the builders all day - bliss NOT!!!

I just might have to buy just a little item to cheer me up :pattingdog:

Meeshoo I'd love to go for it but I can't because I'm on a "no more jewellery until the house is finished" quest!! The builders are coming in on Monday to demolish and rebuild my porch, remove my garage door and replace it with a window and extend the room behind it so after that I'll be skint!! I'm on holiday for week 1 of the work and hubby has week 2 off so I'll have the pleasure of getting up early every morning and then listening to my dogs barking their heads off at the builders all day - bliss NOT!!!

I just might have to buy just a little item to cheer me up :pattingdog:

Can we help? I'm sure that we all have gem purchases that fit this bill quite nicely!

Just saw another Alexandrite and got the link this time. It's smaller than the others I saw and went for £949. Is that expensive? They made a point of saying it wasn't treated either by heat or any "chemical means" and was completely natural. They also showed "before" and "after" pics and the colour change looked fab. Wasn't quick enough to get a screenshot though!

https://www.thejewellerychannel.tv/popups/viewdetail.aspx?StockCode=593581

Now that I've seen Meeshoo's I want that one but didn't win the Euromillions on Friday so I'll just have to keep dreaming on!! :Sad2:

Hi Klos

I wonder if the price has been bumped up because of the larger diamond carat weight, as it does seem a bit on the expensive side for the size of the Alex? Just for a comparison I bought a 1 ct Alex with good colour change set into an 18k ring with 18 points of SI diamonds for £379. I also bought a great cc 1.5 ct pear pendant also set into 18K for £227. (I think this was a fluke though because I was quoted £999 by a Personal Shopper before I saw it on the web)!

Btw, I was just reading in one of my books and it says Alex is not normally subjected to colour or clarity treatments.

So, are you going for it? :winksmilie:

Oh Melusina it IS expensive then!! That was a great buy you got WITHOUT the Personal Shopper's help! Well done you.

Am I going for it? :Thinking2: Emmmmmm...........bank account says NO CHANCE!!!

I'll just have to wait until Meeshoo takes pity on me and gives me hers!! Does hell ever freeze over??!

Soz KB but hell will definitely freeze over first!

That is waayyyyyyyyyyyyyy too expensive for just over half carat of Alex. As Melusina said, you can buy for much less. The ONLY thing in favour of TJC's Alex is that most has some colour change - not always but most of the time. The same can't be said for elsewhere.

If you have £1k to spend then PM me hun because there are a few floating around at the moment that means you'll get much more for your money £ for £.

M x

p.s. Alex is never treated or heated.

Just saw another Alexandrite and got the link this time. It's smaller than the others I saw and went for £949. Is that expensive? They made a point of saying it wasn't treated either by heat or any "chemical means" and was completely natural. They also showed "before" and "after" pics and the colour change looked fab. Wasn't quick enough to get a screenshot though!

https://www.thejewellerychannel.tv/popups/viewdetail.aspx?StockCode=593581

Now that I've seen Meeshoo's I want that one but didn't win the Euromillions on Friday so I'll just have to keep dreaming on!! :Sad2:

Blimey that was expensive this one sold for £999 the other day and the Alex is double the size!
https://www.thejewellerychannel.tv/popups/viewdetail.aspx?StockCode=594684

Latest posts

Back