Colour change sapphire - opinions please

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I don't know abou the price Panda as I've had my ccs for a long time and honestly can't remember what I paid for them now, but I do knkow I love the stones. I have a ring, bracelet and earrings and although you won't get the same amount of colour change than you'll get from a top rate alex. it is still pretty spectacular when it happens.

It'll take me a while, so I won't leave this post open, but I'll go back through my old Gems orders and see if I can find how much I paid.

The ring in my avatar is a Gems CCS - it has a positive blue to green change with the occasional purple in particular kinds of low light.

It was £99 from Gems in the days when that was really expensive, and it's the only Gems CCS that I've seen that has a true colour change (although I think other forum members have got some)

The stones in the earrings look a bit brown so I wonder what colour they change to?

Jantaculum on the tv they looked purple (lovely darker shade of purple)in colour more than the brown as in the picture - is this a good colour change sapphire?

A couple of years ago (May 07) I sent for a CC sapphire ring. I wasn't impressed - it changed from a murky brown to a murky green! It went back - I've always fancied one in the colour scheme of Jantac's but I've never seen one.
My ring was £56 - I'll include the link so you can see the specs for goldweight/carat weight, though there's no pic.
http://www.gemstv.co.uk/Shop/productDataSheet.jsp?productid=UOG6395&menuselection=3&colourScheme=1

(Off topic, How annoying is the lack of a pic on the old item sheets??? How are you meant to remember which is which?!)

OK - I can't make the links work as they are too old now, but my earrings are 0.37ct ccs in 9ct w/g and cost me £23 from TV, the bracelet again 9ct w/g 10.21ct ccs was £169, pendant 9ct w/g 0.941ct ccs £44 and finally the ring 9ct w/g 1.183ct ccs £77. But those were 2006/2007 prices, so probably not much help! I do wear mine quite a bit though and they are the same colour play as Jantac's - green to blue to purple.

I'm thinking that if the stones looked purple on the tv but brown in the picture, then they're not going to have the green/blue/purple change. Maybe a purple through to chestnut red-brown?

I'm thinking that if the stones looked purple on the tv but brown in the picture, then they're not going to have the green/blue/purple change. Maybe a purple through to chestnut red-brown?

Yes that did seem to be the colour change - the colour change was very much there, could even see it on the tv, always wonder though if I would be lucky enough to get one that you could actually see the colour change in - hopefully

On the photos on the website if you look at the videos, the colour is purple. You can also see the green in some of the other photos. This would be one of the traditional colourways for a Sapphire. Having said that, unfortunately a couple of years ago, Gems started to photoshop their photos and so they're unreliable now. I'm guessing these are very dark purple, changing to bottle green (sorry, should be the other way round because the green will be the daytime colour).

OK - I can't make the links work as they are too old now, but my earrings are 0.37ct ccs in 9ct w/g and cost me £23 from TV, the bracelet again 9ct w/g 10.21ct ccs was £169, pendant 9ct w/g 0.941ct ccs £44 and finally the ring 9ct w/g 1.183ct ccs £77. But those were 2006/2007 prices, so probably not much help! I do wear mine quite a bit though and they are the same colour play as Jantac's - green to blue to purple.

Doesn't this show how much prices have increased? WOW.

I bought a colour change sapphire ring from gems a couple of months ago, a cluster which cost £79,the colour was murky magenta which had flashes of pink under lights.I sent it back ,really couldn't recommend this batch

Latest posts

Back