Freeview Ch. 49

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Sioux

Registered Shopper
What is going on with Channel 49. First it was Rocks and Co which was Ok to have on in the background. Then Gems TV just replaced R&C and seemed to abandon channel 44. Now JML has taken over the 4-9 slot. Are times so hard or are they being kicked off does anyone know?

I've just had a look on Gems home page Sioux and Freeview isn't mentioned, how peculiar.
I wonder if Graham knows what's going on.

Not sure what is happening with GemsTV and Freeview, I did publish this Press Release from JML yesterday.

JML increases Freeview hours

JML is to extend its broadcast slot on Freeview Channel 49 by five hours. The multi-channel retailer will now broadcast daily from 7am until 9pm. This will last until 11th May 2009

Hope that helps, I have emailed GemsTV so hopefully will get an answer tomorrow.

Thank You Graham,

Believe it or not I did read that but it obviously didn't compute!

I have heard back from GemsTV:

Thank you for your email, GemsTV acquired the space on channel 49 on a short term lease being offered by Freeview. Unfortunately this was never going to be a permanent slot as a contract had already been drawn up for this channel by another company.

We are however still broadcasting on Freeview channel 43 from 9.45am – 12.45pm.

I hope this helps to explain why we had a short appearance on this channel.

My Mum & Dad are gutted. They can't afford Sky and really liked having Rocks and Gems on in the afternoon.

:doggie:

Latest posts

Back