the jewellery channel easter free gift con

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

paulb2301

Registered Shopper
in there easter giveaway special they stated that they would give a free gift with every purchase from the fri to the mon over easter but when my 4 items came today only got 1 gift and not 4 so there offer was very misleading and duped people into buying more as it was PER PURCHASE AND NOT PER ORDER. does anyone feel they have misleeded there customers with this offer or am i just being stupid. checked out and trading standards states that they have misleeded the buyer by giving them false information.

Hello, they are not always reliable with customer info / promos. I would certainly query this with them and add that you have taken advice from trading standards. If they didn't make it perfectly clear that it was per order, then you may get them to cave in. It won't cost you anything to send an email and I probably would give it a go - good luck!

I'm 100% positive that I heard the presenters say you get a free gift with every ITEM ordered and go on to say if you order 3 items for example, you get 3 free gifts worth £14.99 retail each (if my memory serves me!). I would definitely challenge it and say you would like copies of the tapes of the shows during the promotional period in order that you can pinpoint who said this and when. You may want to inform them that you will contact the ASA (Advertising Standards Agency) who WILL demand copies of the shows and WILL scrutinise them fully!!

Hopefully it won't come to that but if it does then here's the link for you:-
http://www.asa.org.uk/asa/how_to_complain/

Good luck and by the way - what did you get? :p

I'm 100% positive that I heard the presenters say you get a free gift with every ITEM ordered and go on to say if you order 3 items for example, you get 3 free gifts worth £14.99 retail each (if my memory serves me!). I would definitely challenge it and say you would like copies of the tapes of the shows during the promotional period in order that you can pinpoint who said this and when. You may want to inform them that you will contact the ASA (Advertising Standards Agency) who WILL demand copies of the shows and WILL scrutinise them fully!!

Hopefully it won't come to that but if it does then here's the link for you:-
http://www.asa.org.uk/asa/how_to_complain/

Good luck and by the way - what did you get? :p

Your right Klosblue, i heard a presenter say it was per Item, was one of the male presenters i heard say it, might have been Derek.

Easter gift

Dont know if it was for each order or item, but the gift i got was a lovely pair of multi pearl dangle earrings ss, as i only ordered one thing ,not sure about multi orders.:40:

received a pearl and lapis lazuli bracelet quite nice as if i dont say so but, just dont like to get conned, its just like stealing and they dont need to caus ei give em a lot of buisness.

I received my easter gifts with both my purchases .The gifts were really very good .Got 2 different silver bracelets (I love bracelets) with beautiful crystals in one and agate stones like in other .am thrilled .

I really like my free gift I received!...However not sure of multiple items! Did the male presenter say "Free gift per every single item?"

I definitely understood it to be a free gift per purchase. It sounds as though others have received more than one gift, which would confirm that. Pretty much every time I watched, whichever presenter was on, they were saying that. I'm sure I heard Pollyanna saying that if you bought more than one item, you would get more than one gift.

got a phone call yesterday saying that they would be sending out gifts in the next few days only problem is i had already place another order that was running late so dont know whether they meant that one or the other free gifts and as there customer service department never answer there phone am still unable to clarifiy this will keep you posted

well folks received 3 gifts finally got a pair of pearl earings go well with braclet already got (nice pressie for mum,s birthday) a silver heart necklace and a set of 7 cut gem stones that i can get set into a bracelet for my pals xmas so finally sorted but what a hassle x

Latest posts

Back