How much?????

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

M

Meeshoo

Guest Shopper
Are TJC having a laugh?

Currently auctioning a 3 stone diamond ring. In the centre is a 1ct Asscher cut diamond, with .50ct princess cut diamonds on either side - so total 2ctw. Iliana 18k white gold.

Selling at the "reduced" rate from when it was shown earlier this morning (apparently somebody's bid didn't go through) of ... £5,999!
https://www.thejewellerychannel.tv/popups/viewdetail.aspx?StockCode=582304

WHAT??????

Seriously, they're having a tin bath.

I bought (admittedly second hand), a 1ct Asscher, excellent cut, clarity, colour with .50ct of trapezoid diamonds on either side, so total 1.50ctw for £1,250 (or something like that can't remember the exact amount).

Hi Meeshoo

Your ring sounds gorgeous you are a lucky girlie and sounds like you had a fab deal!

re: da TJC's ring I have just looked at your link, I didn't see it live on air but it looks divine!

Hmm.. I saw a 1ct baguette cut ring in my in my local jewellers this is exactly what I have been dreaming about forever, so I skipped home and phoned the jeweller for the price (I know him well) he said £11,000 whaa???????????? but would let it go for £9000 ,, lololol now he is the one that's having a tin bath not TJC!

(hehe.. tin bath?? that's a fun slang, never heard it b4.. like it tho! lol

ps. still haven't got my ring .. tis all tooo expensive! :(

I too watched Chloe trying to flog that ring. As pretty as it was, it seemed way overpriced. If it had been platinum instead of 18k white gold and definitely VS / VVS diamonds instead of the guaranteed minimum SI quality, then...maybe....still a bit expensive ......
I dunno? :33:

Your ring sounds the business Meesh....lovely. The only Asscher cut I have is in er...........sky blue topaz........in silver
(but it does have some sparkly teeny weeny diamonds round the edge). mysmilie_1436

That ring was an 11 o'clock one to own (only the one ring) about 6 weeks ago and sold very fast at £8499!!!!!!!!!!!! it also has a very nice inclusion lol

The only Asscher cut I have is in er...........sky blue topaz........in silver
(but it does have some sparkly teeny weeny diamonds round the edge). mysmilie_1436

lol wonder which one that could be! Me too

I would love an asscher cut but it would have to be of a high clarity (it's a cut that shows any flaws) AND a good weight because an asscher of 1ct will look smaller than a round brilliant of 1ct - so I don't think I'll be buying one any time soon.

Unless of course another like Meeshoo's turns up, your ring sounds lovely.

The TJC ring - No.

The other thing about the Asscher they were trying to flog is that it's not particularly well cut for an Asscher. One of the things you look for are lovely windmills and they were wayyyyyyyy too skinny. That can affect the performance. A great Asscher will throw off big chunks of colours and I didn't see any when it was aired.

Gemcherub As you've said, it's a cut that shows inclusions so you need to pick a good 'un!

JillzzZ - Blimey, is your local jeweller also a highwayman? What was the carat weight etc? I bet you I could find the same thing or have it made for much much much less! Let me know what you're after, as I may be able to point you in the right direction.

Jantac - you're correct that a 1ct Asscher faces up small - predominantely because an Asscher is normally a very deep stone so the table is small. You definitely wouldn't want a 1ct solitaire but if you add in side diamonds then it does give finger coverage.

Here's mine .........
IMG_0425.jpg

DiamondAsscher-1.jpg

Beautiful Meeshoo i've said it before and i'll say it again "I WANT THAT RING!""
I've got a baby asscher, sorry the photo in the link is awful! i would never have bought it if it wasn't certified and i hadn't seen it on air first, the cut is amazing and i find my self getting it out of my jewellery box every time the sun is out and just staring at it i adore the flashes of colours it gives off, but its a LONG way off £5999! lol
https://www.thejewellerychannel.tv/popups/viewdetail.aspx?StockCode=557285

WOW!!!! Your ring is absolutely stunning, Meeshoo. It looks fantastic on your hand and I would never have guessed it cost £1,250...maybe 2nd hand is the way to go.

Gemcherub - would love to see photos if you have any?

Huggles - you've got to be VERY careful buying second-hand jewellery (unless it's antique). I just happened to be in the right place at the right time for this ring but I had a few sleepless nights until it arrived and I could test it and then get it properly looked at! I hate to say it but with the recession there are some lovely bargains to be had at the moment.

Hey Meeshoo... lol yes, he must be a highwayman.. (it was set in platinum tho ) but even so.. :mad:

okies.. I'm after a pure 1 carat stone. Baguette/emerald cut ring... without too much of a heavy band! Just something dainty to show off da stone!!

or........ just the loose diamond.. yey! I would go fo that, be fun! :3:

Hey Meeshoo... lol yes, he must be a highwayman.. (it was set in platinum tho ) but even so.. :mad:

okies.. I'm after a pure 1 carat stone. Baguette/emerald cut ring... without too much of a heavy band! Just something dainty to show off da stone!!

or........ just the loose diamond.. yey! I would go fo that, be fun! :3:

Depending on how colour sensitive you are, you'd probably be fine with an H or I colour (fine if it's GIA certified - these will generally be much whiter than an EGL cert diamond) but you need to go up to a VS or VVS because Emerald cuts show inclusions. In a platinum ring, you're probably looking at £3,500 or thereabouts. I've found one for £2,900 but spending that bit more will get you something lovely.

Be warned, I'm not sure how big/small your fingers are but Emerald cuts generally look small and a 1ct is typically about 6 x 4 or 7 x 5 which isn't big when it's a solitaire. You could add a baguette on either side for added finger coverage for not much more. One other thing ...... look for a diamond just less than 1ct (say .96ct or thereabouts). The minute you reach the 1ct mark you pay a premium and in all honesty, the difference you'll see between 1ct and .96ct is nothing. They'll look the same size!

If you PM me I'll send you in the right direction!

Latest posts

Back