Brazilian pink topaz?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Hi PQ,

Personally I think it's very pretty. I had a little one but my daughter "stole" it. The nearest shade I can compare it with is rose quartz but transparent and with twinkle. If you like the softer pinks you should enjoy this.

While I'm here, I would just say watch the prices in general. I've noticed that a lot of closing prices are up, to the extent that when 15% discount is deducted you end up with the previous price. I have a Yahsarah cornelian necklace in my basket and was chewing my nails as you do, but no need as the end result was less than 50p more than mine. I can't be so explicit with other pieces, but have spent quite a lot of time watching over the last couple of weeks. I therefore have a good idea of prices and can honestly say that, within the lower to mid ranges, I am not impressed. This is just the sort of thing that drives me nuts about Gems.

If you've seen something you like in the web games as opposed to the shop, you can probably get a fair price with proper discount, but from the telly prices ain't lookin so good.

Love
Argey xx

I have to say Argey, I've been "off" Gems since my last order fiasco, but with that pretty opal ring they (well Gemcherub actually, as I haven't been watching!) tempted me back in.
I found it quite a shock today having a little trawl around the website for any little bits and bobs I might like to add to my single p&p (I feel £6.80 is a hefty charge, I think it was less last time I bought) - the prices were quite silly for the most part. Back last year and before, one item was unthinkable, there were countless low cost silver rings, pearly bits and even simple little white gold rings under £20. I honestly saw NOTHING like that today, it was quite an eye-opener. I also notice the watches are no longer silver, but stainless steel - glad I got a few back in the day!
I did snag that andesine and topaz ring you have - on your recommendation of course! But so far that's it.
Even my last order, which was around November, I bought about 7 silver rings with nice stones, and every one was around £20, including some from the Shop.
The Brazilian Topaz I have my eye on is in a web game, so hopefully not a rip-off. Your description has swayed me, if I win it I'll definitely have a look.

Yes PQ the price hikes is sumfink shockin'. Gold prices don't account for the silver. It's also why I've been inclined to ask advice on here about a couple of things. In the "olden days" I felt quite confident that I was getting a decent deal but that's a thing of the past now.

In addition, the watchability has gone right down the toilet. They seem to be taking on the American style of presentation - over-excited shrieking and patronising insincerity. You can practically hear "the voices" telling them to crank it up.

As they say, nothing stays the same, such a pity it so often has to change in the negative though.

Argey xx

Hi PQ,

I've got this one http://www.gemstv.co.uk/DataSheet.jsp?productid=UXK5586 It has two slightly different tones of pink in it and is very pretty and sparkly. It is a little like kunzite, but you can wear it in the brightest sunshine. I like it very much. As for the prices - well, I only got it in October, and that's not so long ago, so it wasn't really any different from the prices that are on now. If I remember right, Brazilian Pink Topaz was only introduced on Gems a bit before that, so it's not as if there were bargains from a couple of years ago that we missed out on. There are a couple of rings on the web auctions with similar gold weight for about the same price as I paid. And I haven't seen any new pieces on for a while either (but then I don't watch as much as I used to). Is there a particular piece you like?

The auction just ended and I won it!
It's this one:

http://www.gemstv.co.uk/Shop/productDataSheet.jsp?productid=UUO3946&menuselection=1

Yours is lovely Pimms, unfortunately not a style that I could have, due to my resizing requirements. Glad to hear another who rates it, I'm definitely checking it out. You're right about it being a relatively recent addition, it certainly wasn't available during my major buying sprees or I'd have seen/bought one by now. So yes, at least I don't feel I've missed out on a major bargain. The one above is £44.20 inc discount.

Well done PQ - your ring looks lovely. Hope it gives you pleasure on arrival.

Argey xx

Congrats on two very pretty rings Ladies.

I recall when Gems introduced this very dainty stone and we were trying to ascertain whether it was treated in some way.
I think it was later established that it was a natural pink colour but the introductory prices seemed a bit on the high side.
Haven't seen much recently though.......don't think. :33:

Last edited:
Congrats on two very pretty rings Ladies.

I recall when Gems introduced this very dainty stone and we were trying to ascertain whether it was treated in some way.
I think it was later established that it was a natural pink colour but the introductory prices seemed a bit on the high side.
Haven't seen much recently though.......don't think. :33:

Are you sure Sacha? I thought it was established that it was treated. Untreated pink topaz is incredibly difficult to find. For stones of that size, you'd be paying a lot more. I've just looked at the enhancements page on GemsTV and for Topaz everything is treated in some way.

Very pretty design Anne. It's really "you" - if you know what I mean!

Last edited:
Are you sure Sacha? I thought it was established that it was treated. Untreated pink topaz is incredibly difficult to find.

I remember asking Steve Ashton about it in the good old days. It might be heated - I don't remember what he said about that - but it's definitely not coated. I have a pair of Brazillian pink topaz earrings; they're a very pale pink (like morganite), but pretty.

I wouldn't think it's coated, if it were the colour would be stronger and look less natural - irradiated is much more of a possibility.

Latest posts

Back