Premium Delivery Service???

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Tabs

Registered Shopper
On Sunday morning OH was surfing Gems website and spotted a couple of rings he liked the look of. I decided i better justify the delivery charge so sneaked a few silver rings on for me:eek:. Called Gems CS to add the premium delivery service and confirmed delivery would be today...Tuesday!!
Yesterday i emailed CS to confirm and had a very late reply saying my delivery would be Wednesday!!:confused: So today i come home and call CS (last nights email reply came too late to call them) to double check, only to be told they dont know where my order is or even if its left the warehouse:confused::rolleyes:

So much for premium delivery and all its benefits:mad:

I would be asking for the money back then no point in paying extra for a service you didn't get.I hear lots of bad things about Gems on here at one point it was only people posting how happy they were with them.

Snoops, I'm just waiting on a call back once they find out exactly whats happening. I think i'm likely to be asking for full P+P refund at best. And your right, things at Gems seem to be getting worse not better.

That's not good at all, Tabs .... hope you get it sorted and your P&P refunded!!

I checked out my basket about 9.00pm on Sunday and opted for Standard Delivery and it's showing as dispatched today so it'll be interesting to see when it arrives. Must admit I really used to appreciate knowing what day it was actually going to come. ;)

sorry you didnt get the result you paid for,though i must say i placed an order at 10am sunday and paid the extra pound and it arrived today at 9am ,so was pleased..though i didntget any emails saying so just order placed:D then shipped and here

That's not good at all, Tabs .... hope you get it sorted and your P&P refunded!!

I checked out my basket about 9.00pm on Sunday and opted for Standard Delivery and it's showing as dispatched today so it'll be interesting to see when it arrives. Must admit I really used to appreciate knowing what day it was actually going to come. ;)

I agree Fluff, one of Gems bigger plus points was knowing what day your order would arrive and being able to make arrangements for someone to be able to accept delivery! Oh well, wait and see time again:rolleyes:

I ordered a ring at 10am the Sunday before last ... 1 in the game so had to do the soddin' phone thing
t26221.gif

Decided to try the Standard Delivery service just to see how long it actually took?

It showed as dispatched last Wednesday morning and has just this minute arrived, just as I was reading Fluff's post
(Tueday 1.30pm) spooky eh? Yo Fluffer!
k070801.gif

A long time span between dispatch to delivery, you haven't a clue when it will arrive
& definitely NOT worth saving a quid for that's for sure.

So the result of the Standard Delivery experiment? ... don't bother!

Tabs sorry to read you've had problems with the Premium Service and now have the added hassle of having to chase it up :(
pity they ever changed couriers if you ask me .......

Bring back the City Link guys I say
000forpercent20you.gif

Last edited:
Bring back the City Link guys I say

Agreed Lyn, I personally never had any problems with CL deliveries.

I posted in another thread....I ordered something last week on standard delivery,got the email to say dispatched on Thursday and I received it Saturday morning.

Looks like it's hit and miss!

Sorry to hear Tabs that your delivery has been delayed and hope you get some definite info on its whereabouts soon.

My first experience of the premium delivery service was rather better, basket checked out on Saturday, added to on Sunday, despatched on Monday and received early this morning. The notification email from Gems didn't specify a day.....just said
''Your order has been shipped from our warehouse and should be with you soon''.

I asked the chappie who DPD are and apparently they used to just deliver abroad. Now merging or whatever with Parceline (UK only), decided to call all the business DPD. (Still don't know what that stands for! :confused:)

Ah, just found your post sweetpea ...

QUOTE: ......I think that how it works is that the packages are now going to be delivered by a network of self employed people around the country,these are the people who deliver for Grattan/Kays etc. ...

It was some scruffy un-uniformed female who delivered my ring so maybe she's been wearing it herself for the past week?
nutkicksmileyicon.gif

So what was my standard delivery in the end ... 6-7 working days? 9 in total? Bit of a pants service if you ask me
moonwave.gif
4_14_202.gif

We know you're reading this GEMS so will someone please call Tabs?

I've had a delivery from Gems by DPD but I went for the premium service and paid the extra £1 got a text saying delivery was on it's way and would arrive on my chosen day which it did, mine did arrive in a dpd van, but I must say got a very good service from City Link (at £5.95) and driver never came whilst I was on school run and would always leave with a neighbour so don't know if I will quite get the same service, will have to see I really do think it was down to the driver. This standard delivery does sound bad though:( don't think I will be choosing that option.

Tabs I hope it gets sorted for you and somebody phone's you from cc.

Last edited:
Thanks all for your comments.

Well i had the phone call from David at CS at around 3.45. It appears that there has been a problem with a "batch" of Premium Delivery parcels that didnt get sent out.
I've now been assured that my parcel will be here tommorrow and have had my full P+P refunded. It's lucky i wanted the items tho or i might have been tempted to say "stuff the order" and not bother at all, sounds petty i know but if you pay for "extra service" you should get it regardless. Will post up tommorrow IF goodies arrive.

Tabs sorry you haven't had the same service as I have with the premium delivery. :Thinking2: Probably just a one-off botch up although that doesn't help you. I find it excellent and 1,000,000% better than Shi**ylink!!
Mind you the 2 pigeons in my back garden could do a better job than my Shi**ylink driver!
penguin-012.gif
penguin-011.gif
(can't find any pigeons so have to use Penguins!!)
At least I don't have to chase around the country trying to find it - if it's not through the letterbox it's with my neighbour.
ferrari-046.gif

I never had any problems with CL Klosblue, I think my driver was one of the better ones, knew when i left on the school run so called after 9ish where possible and never missed a delivery. That said, when i got my last order from Gems it wasnt the usual driver and he said the regular one had now moved onto pastures new.

Latest posts

Back