pricedrop tv and freeview

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

letbuyerbeware

Registered Shopper
I know all products can't be all things to all people but here's a thought.
Pricedrop regularly sell tellies and set top boxes with freeview built in and they always mention you will need something like this after the digital switchover.

They don't even broadcast on freeview!

I know all products can't be all things to all people but here's a thought.
Pricedrop regularly sell tellies and set top boxes with freeview built in and they always mention you will need something like this after the digital switchover.

They don't even broadcast on freeview!

I am not sure why that matters (given that they are a shopping channel!) but they used to. They stopped broadcasting on freeview earlier this year (in January) but no worries - sister channel Bid TV is still broadcasting. I am guessing Pricedrop stopped broadcasting on freeview due to the costs of having two channels selling the same merchandise. I think it is more expensive to broadcast on freeview than it is on sky (plus sky goes out to a larger audience, making it more cost effective), which probably explains why Pricedrop went off the air on freeview but still broadcasts (along with two other sister channels) on sky...

Totally trivial

My posting was just a bit of totally irrevelant banter and I never expected it to be analysed lol

Latest posts

Back