A Huge Thank You Mike Hancox.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Mad Granny Sue

Registered Shopper
Totally hacked off about problems with an outstanding order, I went straight to the top!

I emailed Mike at 9.08pm on 29th April and was gobsmacked to receive a reply from him 11 minutes later. True to his word, I was contacted by David Peck, Head of Customer Services, yesterday and not only has my bank acount been refunded but a very generous credit has been placed on my account too, so thank you very much Mike.

Whilst on the warpath, I also vented my feelings about the constant 4 day deals, blockbusters etc. to which Mike replied "We have introduced some new brands and have many more ready to start trading in May and June. Not only do I want to give the customers great products but I also want to introduce more variety and entertainment for our customers", so here's hoping IW will become more watchable in the not too distant future. Their shares price is certainly creeping back up, so maybe IW is beginning to rise from the carnage of Fryatt's reign!:1:

Way to go!!!!

But we will have to see if there actually ARE new items in the coming months!

This weekend is the usual...................booooorrrrrrrriiiiiiing stuff thats churned out.

Not worth watching and not even worth recording to watch in fast forward either

Totally hacked off about problems with an outstanding order, I went straight to the top!

I emailed Mike at 9.08pm on 29th April and was gobsmacked to receive a reply from him 11 minutes later. True to his word, I was contacted by David Peck, Head of Customer Services, yesterday and not only has my bank acount been refunded but a very generous credit has been placed on my account too, so thank you very much Mike.

Whilst on the warpath, I also vented my feelings about the constant 4 day deals, blockbusters etc. to which Mike replied "We have introduced some new brands and have many more ready to start trading in May and June. Not only do I want to give the customers great products but I also want to introduce more variety and entertainment for our customers", so here's hoping IW will become more watchable in the not too distant future. Their shares price is certainly creeping back up, so maybe IW is beginning to rise from the carnage of Fryatt's reign!:1:

I am glad you got things sorted out and a nice credit given.

I too got so pi$$ed of with IW that I sent a recorded letter to him.
He did not reply but a few days after he would have received it I got a call form the usual "foreign" person who tried to help but could not really understand what my problem was. She never did resolve my problem and it took a letter to a newspaper to get their PR dept. involved. They gave me my own "dedicated" rep to sort things out but she too failed ..three times...
and I eventally lost my rag over the phone and was told just to keep the goods I was trying to return .
I did get a refund but no apology, or nice credit for my pains but I suppose I did get to keep two items I did not want anyway. HMMMM:28::28:

I got a result from contacting Mike Hancox direct by email rather than letter. He responded very quickly and passed me on to John Ackroyd the Strategic Project Manager who called me and sorted out my problem very quickly. I now have the camisole that I wanted and am pleased to have sorted it all out.

I have to say though that it took another call from John Ackroyd to the Customer Services team to stop them calling me asking me questions which showed they hadn't actually read my emails properly.

I just hope that the things that Mike Hancox put in his statement on here improve the service that IW offer. I have to say though that his comment that the call centre is back in the UK, as every customer service person who emailed me had a foreign name and every person that called me was not English. In itself that is not a problem, but it still seemed as if they were reading/writing from a script and seemed incapable of looking outside the box to sort the problem out.

I am glad you got things sorted out and a nice credit given.

I too got so pi$$ed of with IW that I sent a recorded letter to him.
He did not reply but a few days after he would have received it I got a call form the usual "foreign" person who tried to help but could not really understand what my problem was. She never did resolve my problem and it took a letter to a newspaper to get their PR dept. involved. They gave me my own "dedicated" rep to sort things out but she too failed ..three times...
and I eventally lost my rag over the phone and was told just to keep the goods I was trying to return .
I did get a refund but no apology, or nice credit for my pains but I suppose I did get to keep two items I did not want anyway. HMMMM:28::28:
I very much doubt that Mike Hancox even saw your recorded delivery letter because I suspect that in common with all large companies all mail, no matter to whom it is addressed, is opened in the post room and passed to the most appropriate department to deal with it. So far as a refund is concerned, you did get to keep goods costing in excess of £100 which even if you sold for half price, is a very good outcome. The lack of apology, however, seems to be a common problem as I have stated below.

I got a result from contacting Mike Hancox direct by email rather than letter. He responded very quickly and passed me on to John Ackroyd the Strategic Project Manager who called me and sorted out my problem very quickly. I now have the camisole that I wanted and am pleased to have sorted it all out.

I have to say though that it took another call from John Ackroyd to the Customer Services team to stop them calling me asking me questions which showed they hadn't actually read my emails properly.

I just hope that the things that Mike Hancox put in his statement on here improve the service that IW offer. I have to say though that his comment that the call centre is back in the UK, as every customer service person who emailed me had a foreign name and every person that called me was not English. In itself that is not a problem, but it still seemed as if they were reading/writing from a script and seemed incapable of looking outside the box to sort the problem out.

All my emails have been from someone with a foreign name too and I agree that there does seem to be a certain lack of understanding and there was definitely a lack of any apology for the mess they had made. I took the latter point up with David Peck when he phoned me and he promised to try and get this put right. From what he told me it would appear that under the previous regime, he had little leeway to improve practices which would suggest to me that far from being able to build a decent service for IW customers he was given neither the equipment or the staff to provide it. This has now changed but it will take time, especially as it would appear that many of the staff have a limited understanding of the English language. They may well have scripts, this is very common in call centres but there should always be team leaders to tackle more complicated calls. As someone who had to set up and run a call centre for a major building society when they went public, I well appreciate the problems involved. I was lucky, most of my staff were internal, moved from jobs that had been transferred eleswhere but many of the temporary staff sent by agencies were truly awful. Having spent 6 years after that working in a jobcentre, I really do appreciate the difficulty in hiring quality, dedicated staff for this work which where I was, was a magnet for students, who were looking to fund their social activities and not really interested at all in the work itself!

Both David Peck and Gareth? who phoned me to confirm the refund and credit, were most apologetic and both seemed very confident that in the future, the enormous problems they have had to contend with will improve. I for one, am prepared to give them another chance, but I'm not expecting miracles overnight because of the sheer complexity of it all

So far as a refund is concerned, you did get to keep goods costing in excess of £100 which even if you sold for half price, is a very good outcome. The lack of apology, however, seems to be a common problem as I have stated below.

Sorry ,MGS But you do not know what I paid for my goods.....and I can assure you it was not nearly £100 never mind in excess of £100:12:,Also I did not sell them ,they were given away for FREE. (Well thats not stricly true as I still have one item loking for a home. I did see a member looking for one and I emailed her but did not get a reply)
I only got to keep them as they were absolutely incapable of getting their couriers to pick them up and after having to waste 4 whole days sitting in waiting for arraged pickups that did not happen ,plus phone calls I am sorry but I cannot agree that I had a "very good outcome".

So far as a refund is concerned, you did get to keep goods costing in excess of £100 which even if you sold for half price, is a very good outcome. The lack of apology, however, seems to be a common problem as I have stated below.

Sorry ,MGS But you do not know what I paid for my goods.....and I can assure you it was not nearly £100 never mind in excess of £100:12:,Also I did not sell them ,they were given away for FREE. (Well thats not stricly true as I still have one item loking for a home. I did see a member looking for one and I emailed her but did not get a reply)
I only got to keep them as they were absolutely incapable of getting their couriers to pick them up and after having to waste 4 whole days sitting in waiting for arraged pickups that did not happen ,plus phone calls I am sorry but I cannot agree that I had a "very good outcome".

Sorry tb, I was going on the current prices on IW and your descriptions of the goods in your previous thread about the lack of pick up. The halogen oven is currently £59.99 and the electric pans £49.99 so maybe you have different models or the price has leapt up. Either way, I apologise.

Sorry tb, I was going on the current prices on IW and your descriptions of the goods in your previous thread about the lack of pick up. The halogen oven is currently £59.99 and the electric pans £49.99 so maybe you have different models or the price has leapt up. Either way, I apologise.

Thank you MGS,

(I actually got both orders on days they were offering "specials" so they were a lot cheaper than normal)

Latest posts

Back