Ridiculous Prices!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Klosblue

Costs nothing to be nice!
I haven't bought from Gems for a very long time but as they sent me a voucher code for my Birthday last month I've been having the occasional look just to see if anything catches my eye.

It saddens me to see just how much Gems TV have gone downhill. Their prices are ridiculously expensive even for their Silver pieces which used to go for between £19 and £29. I have seen them trying to get as much as £99 for Silver rings that I wouldn't pay any more than £30 for! Additionally, imho, their designs aren't a patch on what they used to be.

I saw this design of Apatite ring being sold for £69 this morning, except it was 0.81 carat but otherwise exactly the same:-
http://www.gemstv.co.uk/shop-detail.jsp?product=UEK3341&category=preweb&colourScheme=2

I bought a Green Apatite ring from TJC a few weeks ago which has more gold, is 1.34 carats and has diamonds too, for only £49!
https://www.thejewellerychannel.tv/popups/viewdetail.aspx?StockCode=368098

The picture doesn't do it any justice. The colour is stunning and this ring has attracted as many comments at work as some of my much more expensive pieces! Sorry Gems TV but for £20 less TJC gave me so much more!!

I used to love Gems TV and feel so sad that it's so bad now

Hi Klos,

Now watch your language, but I saw a silver ring go for £150 a week or so back. Beautiful ring - but bloomin' 'eck. It would have been highly labour-intensive but I very much doubt that's where much of the production costs actually went.

Love your apatite, so you've come out the winner anyway, but I do agree it's really sad to see Gems take the route it has. Even a lot of the humour has gone out of it. It's all sell, sell, sell, porkies and exagerations now. It's last remaining element of integrity went with Derek.

Argey xx

I know silver is at an all time high but it always amazes me that they are selling these items for that sort of money or are they pulling a fast one and making you think they are being bought the latter i think because no one in there right minds is going to pay £49++ for a silver ring its about time the bosses did some sorting out no wonder they are having finacial prob

Couldn't agree more with the above posts. Its such a shame too - once they were one of the best with excellent prices, fab. cs and stunning jewellery. These days, well, poor prices, dire cs and more ole more ole more ole tat! Not bought for over a year now and can't think that'll be changing anytime soon.

Couldn't agree more with the above posts. Its such a shame too - once they were one of the best with excellent prices, fab. cs and stunning jewellery. These days, well, poor prices, dire cs and more ole more ole more ole tat! Not bought for over a year now and can't think that'll be changing anytime soon.

Here Here Debsie! I totally agree with all these posts. I too have not bought from GTV in a long time. November 2007 was the last time and I have never actually worn the impulse buy, that inertia never returned! Prices are way too high and I don't know who they think they are kidding, perhaps new buyers. I tend to get my jewellery fix from Rocks.tv these days. As was said earlier, no wonder the company is in financial trouble. Oh well, soon to be RIP if they don't turn things around.

Totally agree with all these posts and it's such a shame that GEMS have gone downhill to such an extent. Do you all remember the good old days when every night the forum was buzzing with loads of posts, everyone telling what they had bagged, showing pics of gorgeous pieces they'd received and eagerly waiting for the next uploads.....it was a total buying frenzy and I'm sure the suits at GEMS must wonder where it has all gone. Now this forum is like a graveyard, apart from the negative threads, and I doubt that the old buying enthusiasm can ever be rekindled. It certainly won't be unless GEMS take a serious look at what they are doing wrong....start by selling off the old web stock that keeps going round and round with some bargain prices to get some cash flow going, then get some new exciting designs on board, cut the dreary rare rare rare patter and the hard sell tactics, but most importantly cut the exhorbitant pricing down to a much more realistic level - and then we all might start buying again. :pPC:

Latest posts

Back