Craft

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

icr24350

Registered Shopper
Craft was almost a joy to watch today. Nancy comes over as a really pleasant person, and is not as pushy as certain other presenter, who shall remain nameless! Plus she really is good showing how to do things.

Gordon Bennett, they've just advertised another Craft Day for next week (Starting Monday 9pm in case you can hardly wait)!!!!!!!!!!! I'm sorry, but after more than 6 hours of Nigel May yesterday and the prospect of another 3 hours of him today this is just too much (and I'm sorry but he is NOT a craft expert or he'd be a dash sight less cack-handed when he deigns to try to "help"). One thing I can't stand is rudeness, and certain presenters, Nigel and Ellis being among the worst, constantly interrupt in such a way that you know they've paid not one bit of attention to what's being said. I know it must be a hard job, but they're paid to do it and are in the public eye. Lots of people have hard jobs, but if they want to keep them they have to make an effort to improve! There was a show last week when Stephanie Weightman was on with Rob Addams, I think, and she actually talked virtually without a breath for 49 minutes before he was allowed a minute or two to do a demo, which she still kept interrupting with her "important news". I'm sorry but I don't call that a craft show! Presenters keep saying they know the demos are important but .. blah blah blah updates, blah blah, things are LITERALLY flying out ... blah blah: but reading around various forums it's becoming increasingly obvious that people who are no longer new to the channel are looking in briefly then sourcing materials elsewhere - if they cut back even further on the demos surely they'll end up cutting off their nose to spite their face!!

And if Nigel and co DO read this and other forums as he says, it might be a good idea to take heed of the fact that craft is starting to become a dirty word!

Sorry about going on so much, but I really used to look forward to the programmes and learn from them: now all I seem to get is die-cut decoupage, CD Roms etc!

I agree as I have said many times before I used to love watching Craft Shows, now with the total lack of demos they are just a total bore to watch. More time is spent on "magic hands" putting an email in a box than any demos.

Gordon Bennett, they've just advertised another Craft Day for next week (Starting Monday 9pm in case you can hardly wait)!!!!!!!!!!! I'm sorry, but after more than 6 hours of Nigel May yesterday and the prospect of another 3 hours of him today this is just too much (and I'm sorry but he is NOT a craft expert or he'd be a dash sight less cack-handed when he deigns to try to "help"). One thing I can't stand is rudeness, and certain presenters, Nigel and Ellis being among the worst, constantly interrupt in such a way that you know they've paid not one bit of attention to what's being said. I know it must be a hard job, but they're paid to do it and are in the public eye. Lots of people have hard jobs, but if they want to keep them they have to make an effort to improve! There was a show last week when Stephanie Weightman was on with Rob Addams, I think, and she actually talked virtually without a breath for 49 minutes before he was allowed a minute or two to do a demo, which she still kept interrupting with her "important news". I'm sorry but I don't call that a craft show! Presenters keep saying they know the demos are important but .. blah blah blah updates, blah blah, things are LITERALLY flying out ... blah blah: but reading around various forums it's becoming increasingly obvious that people who are no longer new to the channel are looking in briefly then sourcing materials elsewhere - if they cut back even further on the demos surely they'll end up cutting off their nose to spite their face!!

And if Nigel and co DO read this and other forums as he says, it might be a good idea to take heed of the fact that craft is starting to become a dirty word!

Sorry about going on so much, but I really used to look forward to the programmes and learn from them: now all I seem to get is die-cut decoupage, CD Roms etc!

HEAR HEAR.......I really used to look forward to their craft but now it is so predictable AND sooooo often that it is getting Boring.......yawn yawn....

Totally agree with all that's said - however we should have expected a craft day as IW always have a craft POTD or craft day just before QVC have one!

believe me even us crafters are getting fed up with all the Craft days & the lack of variety in the POTD they all just seem exactlly the same mainly IW/CC Products

i agree with chess & others......all you get is CD roms & decoupage.....i used to do lots of decoupage BUT they have given me brain overload....[ not too hard to do ] but hasnt anyone had a penny drop with all the cd's...........once youve broken the seal then you can not return it for a refund......[ unlike QVC] a friend bought one of the very 1st ones from a lady called christine a lady of very ample proportions like et moi...anyway shes gone behind the scenes & they now have the georgie lassie demoing [ yes she can talk quicker & more pushy than some of the presenters ].....i LOVE the accent USALLY but she makes my blood boil & i dont know why ??......also if nigel is looking at the posts........KEEP THE SODDING ITEMS STILL SO WE CAN SEE THE GLITTER/ GLEEM etc...he waggles things about like hes trying to take off & fly the skies........:mad:
sorry i shall now retreat unto where i emerged having that got off my chest.....+ lets give SW a little cred as shes stopped saying " stunning" for everthing shes sees...rant over.........thanks for letting me blow off :)

opppppppps forget to say friends asked for a refund as the cd was a naff one....she had to even have words with the 'christine lady ' [ NOT the pergamano one ] & after much & many words she did finally get her money back..........the cd by the way wouldnt run not that she had changed her mind or anything............off for a coffee & a calm down.....IW is no longer my 2nd place to go look see

I'm really sorry to rant again, but at least on this site you can!!! I tried to watch some of yesterday's craft stuff, but once I realised that La Weightman was being completely manic I used the fast forward button virtually continuously. I'm not a Michele Marsden fan, but I actually felt sorry for her yesterday - I don't think I have ever seen her allowed to say so little or look so completely bored -, and it was fascinating to watch the body language of some of the other guests.

Today, however she surpassed herself. She had as guest someone I consider to be one of the most talented crafters in the business (if not THE most), whose work is totally original, beautifully demonstrated and an inspiration. Yet LA Weightman, who isn't worthy to lick Glenda Waterworth's shoes, patronised, interrupted, grabbed things out of hands to describe how things were done (and I'd bet there's NO WAY she could make anything remotely as classy) and generally was at her worst. I have to admire people like Glenda who have such patience and control.

You know, if someone was a complete masochist, it would be an interesting exercise to transcribe one of Ms Weightman's shows, because I reckon you could count on the fingers of one hand the number of times she actually completes a sensible sentence.

And one last thing - what for pity's sake has she got against the letter 'g'? I am sick to death of 'somethink', everythink' and 'nothink', or craftin', stickin' etc!!

Sorry, I'll stop now. It's just that my doctor said I shouldn't bottle things up because of my blood pressure!! And they say craftin's relaxin''!!!

I didn't see the show Chess, but it sound awful! Do you remember Mr X/Y who used to be here? Where is he now? We need you Mr X/Y to sort things out at IW!!

And one last thing - what for pity's sake has she got against the letter 'g'? I am sick to death of 'somethink', everythink' and 'nothink', or craftin', stickin' etc!!

She's the same with words ending er. Numbah, Septembah, remembah etc. Her plummy accent really does annoy me :mad: Her and Mz Goodrich (100 words a minute) are the most irritating presenters on any shopping channel in my opinion.

Latest posts

Back