What was your worst ever purchase?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

S

SleepingBeauty

Guest Shopper
Mine has to be a OJON set especially the Hair Restorative Treatment!:( The smell was awful, some say it smells like chocolate! more like an old ashtray;)

Could be the Skagen TSV, if reports from other contributors are correct,still awaiting its delivery anyway:mad:

A pasta maker. My kitchen looked like a disaster area, I was covered in flour and after several attempts I gave up and called CS. They arranged to pick it up from home and gave me £10 in compensation! Greg and Max had made it look so easy!!!

That pasta thing - basically a pot that you poured water into to heat up pasta. I thought it would be useful for when I stay away from home and I get back to hotels late as I could just take dry pasta with me and use a kettle in the room to make it.

Result: soggy, half cooked, half raw pasta that tasted like crap.

Didn't take me long to realise i'd paid way over the odds for this rubbish gadget when a 79p Pot Noodle works just as well :D

It went back and I resolved never to watch late night shows again, clearly my wits are addled after 11pm!

This thread is really good - cos I've often wondered if that pasta pot is any good - now I know (thanks Fraggle)......

I hate to say it but one of my worst purchases was a Models Prefer TSV - it was in an all singing all dancing faux croc vanity case - contents were terrible though - for some reason I didn't return the damn thing....

I'm older and wiser now......very rarely fall for the TSV hype now ...even resisted the Lola Rose (what a let down)....

That pasta thing - basically a pot that you poured water into to heat up pasta. I thought it would be useful for when I stay away from home and I get back to hotels late as I could just take dry pasta with me and use a kettle in the room to make it.

Didn't take me long to realise i'd paid way over the odds for this rubbish gadget when a 79p Pot Noodle works just as well :D

It went back and I resolved never to watch late night shows again, clearly my wits are addled after 11pm!

thanks for that, hubby and i had good laugh! Ive seen them play about with it in studio and often wondered,even considered getting one,glad i didnt.:D

... a close second would be a pair of slimming pants (can't remember the brand.. not Spanx, the other one). I wriggled and fought my way into them and frankly it was like being encased in concrete from the waist down! I had to ask hubby to help me get them off :eek: and everytime I tugged at them I started to giggle because I kept remembering that scene in Bridget Jones with the enormous pants :D

They were also returned post haste!

Is that the B&W bag or have I missed something here? :D

That's the villain....

Always thought you were a lady of taste. Shows how wrong I was. Lol:p

Always wondered what that would be like Fraggle. Now I know not to buy, so thanks!:)

worst purchase a centigrade winter coat which was supposed to be brand new but had scrunched up tissue in the pocket yuuuukkkkkk and it was a dreadful fit. also the gt express snack maker, everything i made stuck to it unless i coated it with oil or butter or it was made with fatty chesse etc,so it went back.

worst purchase a centigrade winter coat which was supposed to be brand new but had scrunched up tissue in the pocket yuuuukkkkkk and it was a dreadful fit. also the gt express snack maker, everything i made stuck to it unless i coated it with oil or butter or it was made with fatty chesse etc,so it went back.

I got a Centigrade coat too- it was horribly made and the cloth was cheap and nasty looking. Had quite forgotten about it.

It was a Centigrade coat for me, too. It was made of suede and the 'real leather smell' was so bad that it stank us out of home and hearth. I had to hang it outside in the shed until I could get round to returning it. So if you ever received a Centigrade coat with a mouse/rat/spider in the pocket - that was meee!:grin2::grin2::grin2:

Thanks for that, thought aabout buying one of these now I needn't bother.

Latest posts

Back