Pink Danburite

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

M

Meeshoo

Guest Shopper
This is apparently the largest piece that Rocks and Co have (they had 2 in the auction).

Looks exactly like pale pink Kunzite as Klos has said in another thread.

Attachments

• Danburite Pink2.jpg
    Danburite Pink2.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 284
This is just ridiculous. The window is the size of a patio door. How can you ask £199 for this? I don't care if it's "rare". It's no excuse for dreadful cutting. Why ruin a "rare" gemstone like this? Even my husband commented that (a) it looks like a piece of glass and (b) "I can see straight through it"!

Attachments

• Danburite Pink3.jpg
    Danburite Pink3.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 264
If it wasn't for the window, it would be a very pretty stone. I suppose even if it looks like kunzite, the advantage is that it can be worn during the day. Does it have the same sparkle as kunzite?

All of which doesn't matter in the slightest, of course, if the stone is so badly cut that it's not worth buying :(

From the ad. I was expecting a deeper rose pink. I saw one piece last night when TD was on.

Was really looking forward to pink danburite,yes I know I have a sad empty life,this was a real disappointment,their selection of stones seems really limited nothing to tempt me at all. Tony really needs to get his finger out of his **** and find some stones that people want to buy at a reasonable price.

Was really looking forward to pink danburite,yes I know I have a sad empty life,this was a real disappointment,their selection of stones seems really limited nothing to tempt me at all. Tony really needs to get his finger out of his **** and find some stones that people want to buy at a reasonable price.

I too was waiting with anticipation for the pink danburite. With a hardness that meant it could be worn as an everyday ring and diamond like fire what wasn't to like? Could they have put it in more ridiculous settings? Who wants to wear a cocktail ring daily, not me. It is begging to be cut into a round, brilliant cut to release the diamond like fire. I mean, how many oval cut diamonds do you see? Clearly diamonds are mostly round brilliant or princess cut for a reason. If it works for a diamond why not danburite? Is it too much to ask for a one carat size in a 'Tiffany' setting under £100 This would have been more within the realms of most peoples pockets...but Rocks & Co. prices are not for me. Fortunately, with Lola Rose on QVC today I've spent my money elsewhere and am really happy with my purchases. Rocks & Co's loss is QVC's gain.

Latest posts

Back