Beauty Day/Alison Young

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Maykitten

Registered Shopper
As it looks as if Beauty Month in July is now a non-event would'nt you think that our "beauty expert";) could at least introduce "Beauty Day" at midnight instead of waiting until 11am this morning.I don't know whether it's just me but Alison seems to be doing less hours than in the past.Perhaps she thinks with all of her advice that we are all experts now:eek:- Just a thought.

Yes I thought it was strange too but I think I'd rather have Pipa than AY with the same old spiel. It's not that I dislike AY - I just get bored of hearing the same old same old time and time again.

I have never bought beauty products from QVC, it's not because I don't need them...if only:eek: It's purely because I cannot listen to advice good or bad when it comes from AY. Her haranguing grates on my nerves and I turn off asap. On the positive side, she saves me money :D

You know for someone who hates the sun, she sure mentions a 'tan' alot, almost praising it!

This beauty day is distinctly underwhelming. As to Alison Young, well, I think my views on her actual lack of any real presenting skills are well known. Literally. I would have thanked Donna but my actual thanks button has gone again. Literally. I am also tired of being told that I could buy one for me, one for Aunty June and one for the neighbour who has very sadly just been sectioned under the Mental Health Act; one for a teacher's budgie when it's gone off its Trill; one for that cousin who has gone off to join a weird cult and will need Ultrasun spf 28 for when he's chanting his mantras in the mid day sun of Texas; one for every friend I will meet on my cruise around the Gas Works; one for the Summer ball I will be attending at Buckingham Palace to go with the orange crimplene Kim & Co 'on trend' Guantanamo Bay jumpsuit I will be wearing. ...

why does our resident beauty expert who loathes the sun and cherishes her dewy skin, totally over process her hair,straighten it within an inch of its life and have a black stripe down the centre of her head that a badger would be proud of!!!

There are treatments and products than can help Ms Young....:D:D:D

I've said all I have to say on the other AY thread that is currently on this section! :(

why does our resident beauty expert who loathes the sun and cherishes her dewy skin, totally over process her hair,straighten it within an inch of its life and have a black stripe down the centre of her head that a badger would be proud of!!!

There are treatments and products than can help Ms Young....:D:D:D

Could not have said it better myself, so I have quoted you again..........:D:D:D

Finally got around to re-registering ! Within 2 minutes of her morning show she had self-tanned her right arm 'for me'. The winner of the comp in in the Nails Inc show just now has won a manicure and pedicure in an 'actual' nails Inc nail bar - as opposed to a virtual one ?

Ahhaaa! You folks make me laugh!

I know a lot of you have said how petite and attractive AY is in real life, but I just can't take her seriously when her make up is so awful! What is it about the shine? How made up does she need to look?

If I applied my make up like she does then I'd look proper awful! :eek:

Am I the only one who thinks this!??

i felt that there did not seem to be nearly as many brands involved as in previous years beauty day's. they also do not do beauty month anymore with the extra large sizes. there was hardly anything new either. it felt just like a normal beauty TSV day.

Kimmy the only one I saw was the Elemis to go to Keely salon for a facial.
So you would need to live near.

By the way did anyone notice Alison's slip?????? She said Beauty Month then quickly corrected herself to Beauty Day.:rolleyes:

Oh by the way the large size of the Decleor is on the counters now. I spotted the body lotion 400mls for £26.50 in Debenhams.

Donna, I'm trying to thank you again but me thanks button is still awol. Ta very much hon.

I thought beauty day was a bit of a swizz really - no new brands, AY only appeared briefly to do a couple of shows (a sigh of relief really, but she does lend a certain kudos to the whole proceedings), no 3 xep or the dizzy joy of £1 p+p or was that just a dream? Frankly I was bored and turned over and watched the golf:) I did think the Nails Inc TSV was good value and I do think that Helen is very knowlegeable and explains things well, but amazingly I managed to resist and only bought the new Philosophy tinted shelter which was back in stock

Perhaps Paul McKenna's "I can make you thin" has worked too well and he's slimmed down beauty month to a single day :D

Kudos to AY for picking up the Nails Inc guest for suggesting that 55 was old :eek: Mum saw the show and she commented about how 55 year olds sit next to the youngsters at the nail bar. AY defended the "oldies" by saying that even 70 and 80 year olds like to get their nails done too :)

A moment of irony is that the next show was with JR who is only 2 years under 55! Would she have been so happy to think that her guest considers almost over the hill and not a 'girlie'?!

Latest posts

Back