One I love one not so sure about....

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

wibblypig

Registered Shopper
Hi all,

not bought for a while but thought i'd give the ring sizes a whirl...i purchased the following 2 iolite rings the triple stone one i love the colour is so vivid and the ring looks fab on...the solitaire on the other hand is really washed out in comparison...there was only 2 quid difference in price but the colour difference is vast...whats your opinions?

Wib

Attachments

• rockstv 098.jpg
    rockstv 098.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 295
  • rockstv 100.jpg
    rockstv 100.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 308
Hiya Wibbles :)

The second one looks like amethyst to me tbh......the 1st one however is divine,looks like it should be twice the price of the other!

If it was me I'd send the solitaire back......the trilogy blows it out of the water imvho.

yup...thats what i was thinking thanks all...in real life its kind of like putting quad A tanzanite next to the stuff that ideal world sell lol...in fairness its quite a pretty and simple ring just not quite what i was expecting after having opened the trilogy

I agree with everyone else, Wibbly. The first has an 'antique' look, iykwim, while the second looks a bit cheap (sorry!).

I'd love an iolite ring, as look as it was an intense blue.

:lol: I'm going against the grain here!! I think the colour in the trilogy is fab, but I prefer the setting of the solitaire :4:

:doggie:

I think having them together to compare the colour means for me, I'm afraid no contest i would be retuning the solitair.

I bought the same two rings is Size 5=J/K

:1: I bought the same two rings Wibbly.....

Like you I preferred the triology Iolite ring for its stunning colour than the solitaire ring it was as you say very pale in comparison.....

Although for the price paid I'm not going to return the solitaire, I think it's worth keeping for the present drawer.

I think its excellent we have the different sizes now, as I can wear Size5 on my wedding finger Size6 on same finger right hand and Size 8 on both middle fingers....so lots more choice,:1:

Mirabelle x

Thats what i am toying with..i don't think i like the ring so much and the stone is pale but for the price i paid rocks its not really worth paying the royal mail to take it back...hmmmm decisions decisions

:1: I bought the same two rings Wibbly.....

Like you I preferred the triology Iolite ring for its stunning colour than the solitaire ring it was as you say very pale in comparison.....

Although for the price paid I'm not going to return the solitaire, I think it's worth keeping for the present drawer.

I think its excellent we have the different sizes now, as I can wear Size5 on my wedding finger Size6 on same finger right hand and Size 8 on both middle fingers....so lots more choice,:1:

Mirabelle x

i have to say i agree the colour of the first ring is fab but prefer the design of the second do you have someone in mind you could poss give the second ring to if so worth keeping in pressie drawer as mira says.

just a thought if you like the setting of the second ring and not the stone as much ...you could always get a loose gem and change it....

I just took a look at the CR website and the colours of Iolite on there do seem to vary...from Deep blue sapphire colours to
light blue tanzanite shades. I think I prefer the stones with the more intense blue.

Probably a dumb question, Wibblypig mentioned she was trying out the different sizes of rings (I've only just caught up with this),
so are these only available on the CR website atm? Also I noticed there seem to be much reduced prices on each item.....
how do these compare with what the same piece might go for in the Auction Room?

Is there much difference between the two these days?

Apologies...:31:....that's two dumb questions!

Probably a dumb question, You could never ask a dumb question, Sacha! :D Wibblypig mentioned she was trying out the different sizes of rings (I've only just caught up with this),
so are these only available on the CR website atm? No, they're available for auction too. Also I noticed there seem to be much reduced prices on each item..... how do these compare with what the same piece might go for in the Auction Room?

Is there much difference between the two these days? Prices are still considerably less when items are auctioned.
Apologies...:31:....that's two dumb questions! HTH

Wibbly .... I prefer the second design (I like the simple things in life :D) but agree the colour in the first one is better. Sorry absolutely no help whatsoever!:eek:

I know what you mean about paying the postage back for just one inexpensive item but you can combine returns from different orders in one parcel if they're clearly marked and it's within the 30 days.

Hiya Sacha,

The rings with size options are also available on auction. They have altered the buy button so there are now 3 or 4 buttons depending on how many sizes they have and they say buy 5, buy 6, buy 7 or buy 8. All you do is click buy on the size that you want and bobs ur uncle :) The prices on auction are still cheaper than on the CR website. hope this helps

Wib

I just took a look at the CR website and the colours of Iolite on there do seem to vary...from Deep blue sapphire colours to
light blue tanzanite shades. I think I prefer the stones with the more intense blue.

Probably a dumb question, Wibblypig mentioned she was trying out the different sizes of rings (I've only just caught up with this),
so are these only available on the CR website atm? Also I noticed there seem to be much reduced prices on each item.....
how do these compare with what the same piece might go for in the Auction Room?

Is there much difference between the two these days?

Apologies...:31:....that's two dumb questions!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back