PDA

View Full Version : Gem silver TSV tonight

SUPERCOOLWILLOW
17-07-2008, 02:03 PM
i found tonights gems TSV if anyone want it

688 346 (Gem Statment 40CT faceted round cut ring)
choice of

black agate
smoky quartz

in sizes J-W

QVC PRICE 23.25
TODAYS SPECIAL VALUE PRICE 19.38

its not avaible on the web yet as i found it the other day but the link will be here
http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.688346

puppyduck
17-07-2008, 02:07 PM
thanks scw, what a coincidense (sp?) i've been looking for a black agate ring!

Dazzler!
17-07-2008, 02:25 PM
Thanks scw...

SUPERCOOLWILLOW
17-07-2008, 02:32 PM
how about a matching bangle

Gem Statements 50ct Faceted Cuff Bangle Sterling Silver
http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.688640

Pinkmoon
17-07-2008, 02:36 PM
TSV is showing on QVCMobile:

http://images-p.qvc.com/is/image/uk/6/46/688346.001?wid=150&hei=150&sharpen=1&defaultImage=/qvc/gif/uk/image_unavailable.gif

SUPERCOOLWILLOW
17-07-2008, 04:36 PM
glad your liking it

Sev's Mum
17-07-2008, 04:47 PM
Thank you SCW and Pinkmoon - wow that looks a whopper!

PAW
17-07-2008, 05:05 PM
I have to say SCW, you certainly are handy to have around for product information. Thank you....

SUPERCOOLWILLOW
17-07-2008, 05:18 PM
aww Paw thanks so much i just like to help out and as its summer i got more time to do this sort of thing you see

PAW
17-07-2008, 05:21 PM
aww Paw thanks so much i just like to help out and as its summer i got more time to do this sort of thing you see

If I worked on it 24/7 I would still come up with nowt...........:D:D

SUPERCOOLWILLOW
17-07-2008, 05:24 PM
lol thats why i say the few of us that can find these things are good at what we do

miniminx
17-07-2008, 06:30 PM
My tinterweb wont let me look at most pages on QVC. Keep getting "order online" thing that goes on the bottom of the pages

SUPERCOOLWILLOW
17-07-2008, 06:37 PM
try ordering it on mobile

Tabs
17-07-2008, 07:28 PM
Looks very interesting! Thanks SCW :D

angiebabe1
17-07-2008, 08:03 PM
has that ring been on before? sure I've seen something very similar

SUPERCOOLWILLOW
17-07-2008, 08:16 PM
angiebabe no this ring is brand new and has never been to air before but there was a similar one once before

Daisy L
17-07-2008, 08:18 PM
Thanks SCW. Thanks Pinkmoon for the photo. I really like it. I've got a similar one in black agate from the Silver Day, item 685816, that's why it looks so familiar and many presenters wear it as well, only the TSV is east-west style. I absolutely love my ring, it is so sparkly and stylish.

I want to buy it in smokey quartz. Mind you Lola Rose ring would be 69.

SUPERCOOLWILLOW
17-07-2008, 08:25 PM
you can buy it on qvc mobile at the moment daisy

SUPERCOOLWILLOW
17-07-2008, 11:27 PM
Gem Statements 40ct Faceted Round Cut Ring Sterling Silver
Item Number: 688346
QVC Price 23.25
Today's Special Value Price 19.38
Availability In stock
UK P&P 2.95

Get on-trend in an instant with this season's jewellery must-have - a fabulous bold cocktail ring. Choose from two classic gemstones, Black Agate or Smoky Quartz, both set in highly polished sterling silver. This round-cut faceted stone, measuring about 25mm, is set at the head of the ring making an eye-catching statement. There's great attention to detail with a pretty leaf design featured on the inside of the ring. The shoulders measure about 13mm wide and taper to a 3mm shank. Total gem weights: Black Agate: 40 carats, Smoky Quartz: 40 carats.

bbelle
18-07-2008, 01:09 AM
That's some ring for the money!:eek: Is that what they call 'a statement piece'? Lol :)

PAW
18-07-2008, 07:01 AM
The Smokey Quartz reminds me of the GobStoppers we used to buy on the way to School (many years ago...)
My OH said it needed to be that size, or bigger....... he loves me really:D:D

Pick-a-Lily
18-07-2008, 07:11 AM
Blimey, they look like doorknobs! :eek:

Tabs
18-07-2008, 07:14 AM
Great value for money. One is coming home for a closer look;)

Claudia
18-07-2008, 09:11 AM
Well done on finding this SCW, you're the ultimate QVC super sleuther :)

I'm debating whether to get this, I'm wondering if it's too big, hopefully it won't sell out before I've made up my mind.

Lemonsqueezy
18-07-2008, 10:47 AM
Too huge to be classy for me..deffinately the look of a door knob!!

Sammi
18-07-2008, 12:34 PM
That's some ring for the money!:eek: Is that what they call 'a statement piece'? Lol :)

must admit my word for it is not so polite lol. I'd remove the stone from its setting and put it in my gembox!

SUPERCOOLWILLOW
18-07-2008, 12:48 PM
Great value for money. One is coming home for a closer look;)

ohh Tabs please let us know what you think when you get it home please

Well done on finding this SCW, you're the ultimate QVC super sleuther :)

I'm debating whether to get this, I'm wondering if it's too big, hopefully it won't sell out before I've made up my mind.

aww thanks Claudia mind you when i found it i was a bit shocked but if it helps people i dont mind sharing it with others

SleepingBeauty
18-07-2008, 06:53 PM
Too huge to be classy for me..deffinately the look of a door knob!!

I wouldnt want them if they were free lol:D,its just as well we all have different tastes. Another terrible TSV in my opinion:eek::p

shushkin!
18-07-2008, 07:28 PM
I love modern designs usually but this over the top.
If you are going to go large then it has to very carefully thought through
with the design.
I love Lola Rose and although her rings are usually big they seem balanced.
This is just a big ugly gobstopper! It is also the fact that it comes in dark colours to that dont do it any favours either. It does not look right for summer wear.
Well, there is my HO for what its worth

Jabbathehut
18-07-2008, 08:32 PM
Well I have ordered the smokey quartz version I cant wait coz I've ordered the size J so it should be a real stonker!:D:D:D:D

SUPERCOOLWILLOW
18-07-2008, 08:39 PM
Jabba do let me know what you think as i like to find out what people think when they get it

Tabs
18-07-2008, 08:49 PM
I think it looks a big stonker of a statement piece! We all have different tastes and i love it, will post up when it arrives tho.

Jabbathehut
22-07-2008, 06:55 PM
Well mines arrived and I LOVE LOVE LOVE it!:D:D:D:D

merlin
22-07-2008, 07:03 PM
Well mines arrived and I LOVE LOVE LOVE it!:D:D:D:D

FAB FAB FAB!! I can't wait for mine to arrive!:D

SUPERCOOLWILLOW
22-07-2008, 07:05 PM
ohh nice one jabba

Tabs
22-07-2008, 09:28 PM
Mine arrived today, but with a big question mark hanging over the size!! It spins on my finger, possibly wrong size sent so now have to wait a replacement:rolleyes:

igelkott
23-07-2008, 08:13 AM
I ordered one of each and they are great. They would be good in other gemstones too. Wondered if they were going to be too big reading posts on forum, but they are fab!

Jantaculum
23-07-2008, 08:41 AM
Mine arrived yesterday, I got the smoky quartz version. The stone's quite dark but very clear.

The top of the stone is chequerboard cut, it's been cut very nicely with even faceting.

The girdle sits proud of the bezel setting, as if the stone's resting in a little cup. There's no rubover or claws to keep the stone in so it must be glued in I suppose!

Below the girdle (between the girdle and the setting) there's no faceting, it's round and smoothed like a cabochon cut.

The back of the stone (which isn't visible because of the setting) is a very interesting shape, it's not pointed at the back like a normal brilliant cut stone would be. It's as if the culet has been cut off to enable the stone to sit in the silver cup. That's good because if the cut was conventional the stone would sit far too high above the finger.

Because of the closed in setting, there's no light coming in through the back of the stone. Instead, under bright light (eg sunlight) you get a lovely criss-cross effect where the reflections of the chequerboard lines bounce off the silver setting at the back. This could be why the stone looked a bit cloudy on the TV presentation - it isn't.

The setting itself is a bit unbalanced. The silver at the back of the shank is just too narrow for such a heavy ring. I ordered a size bigger than usual (which is what I always do for chunky rings) but I should have just ordered my usual size. I think that's why Tabs is having trouble with it spinning round. It's a shame as this is one of those 'cutting corner' details that could spoil an otherwise lovely ring.

I wore my ring yesterday for our end-of-term presentation assembly - I wouldn't recommend wearing it anywhere where you need to do lots of clapping as it bounces around on your finger & you could end up with bruises! Otherwise it's a ring for any occasion IMO, it's a keeper.

Tabs
23-07-2008, 08:59 AM
I ordered my usual size N Jantac, I only go up a size on Suarti rings. The one received fits my left hand index finger, which usually takes a size P or Q. I would have kept it as it is if it fitted my right hand index but it dosent. Its a shame cos i love the ring, but i dont want it continually spinning, we'll see what happens with the replacement.

Jantaculum
23-07-2008, 09:15 AM
I've just checked my ring to see whether it 'comes up' as big or small and it's actually half a size SMALLER than the size I ordered - so if yours is too large Tabs then it does sound like you've been sent the wrong size. What a shame, I hope you get it sorted.

SUPERCOOLWILLOW
23-07-2008, 12:59 PM
ohh Jantac glad you enjoy your ring

Tabs
23-07-2008, 03:02 PM
I've just checked my ring to see whether it 'comes up' as big or small and it's actually half a size SMALLER than the size I ordered - so if yours is too large Tabs then it does sound like you've been sent the wrong size. What a shame, I hope you get it sorted.

Thanks Jantac:) They are sending me a returns slip and will check when it arrives back. Meanwhile i've ordered this to console myself ;)

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.685876

Daisy L
24-07-2008, 11:10 AM
I received my smoky quartz ring. Glad I ordered it. Love, love, love it! I'm like that overexcited and hyperactive guy from Chateau D'Argent. :D

The ring is very funky and fun, great value for money. I love looking into the stone in the sunlight. It is very clear indeed, sparkles like mad.

Great necklace, Tabs, to match the ring. Byt the way, my ring spins as well, I guess because the shank is too narrow at the back, so I could go down my normal size M. I want it in Rose Quartz as well, hopefully they will add more colours choices. :rolleyes:

Tabs
24-07-2008, 11:45 AM
Thanks Daisy, I guess with the stone being so heavy it makes the spinning more obvious, not sure i can live with it, but will wait untill the replacement in the right size appears before making a definite decision. The necklace will (or should be) a keeper wether or not as i wear a fair amount of browns in clothing too.

SUPERCOOLWILLOW
24-07-2008, 02:34 PM
ohh daisy i`m glad you love it as much as that