Bargain Fruit Trees

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

calico

Registered Shopper
IW are doing four fruit trees for £29.99!
You get Stella Cherry, Victoria Plum, Concorde Pear and Braeburn Apple. They're all on dwarf root-stock so you won't need ladders to pick them. I paid that for three fruit trees from IW. I suppose they just want to clear the stock. Mine are growing really well, so if anyone fancies a little orchard this seems a good deal.

IW are doing four fruit trees for £29.99!
You get Stella Cherry, Victoria Plum, Concorde Pear and Braeburn Apple. They're all on dwarf root-stock so you won't need ladders to pick them. I paid that for three fruit trees from IW. I suppose they just want to clear the stock. Mine are growing really well, so if anyone fancies a little orchard this seems a good deal.

If they manage to deliver them before they are dead:31:

If they manage to deliver them before they are dead:31:

Mine didn't take long Rentochops and are growing really well. I have to admit to becoming a tad obsessed with them though and I go out every day to see how they're doing. I even said hello to them this morning... Can't believe I told you that! lol! :8:

Mine didn't take long Rentochops and are growing really well. I have to admit to becoming a tad obsessed with them though and I go out every day to see how they're doing. I even said hello to them this morning... Can't believe I told you that! lol! :8:

:54:I love that - indeed there is scientific proof that talking to plants aids their growth. I grow gaint pumpkins (for no reason other than fun) and I'm going to have a chat with them tomorrow:54:

:54:I love that - indeed there is scientific proof that talking to plants aids their growth. I grow gaint pumpkins (for no reason other than fun) and I'm going to have a chat with them tomorrow:54:

Just don't mention Halloween! :43::4:

They are brilliant little trees. I paid £22.99 for the braeburn apple, conference pear, victoria plum and granny smith in April 07. We had a good crop from all of them last year and this year looks like it will be even better, especially the plum which has gone into overdrive!

I bought these about 3 weeks ago.

All are in leaf now and growing well.

Most impressed with them, the same trees sell in my local garden centre for £34 each.

They came as 5 foot trees with about 5 to 7 branches on each.

They are brilliant little trees. I paid £22.99 for the braeburn apple, conference pear, victoria plum and granny smith in April 07. We had a good crop from all of them last year and this year looks like it will be even better, especially the plum which has gone into overdrive!

Same here MGS. We bought them last year and have got masses of apples and plums on the way. The Pear didn't make it but that's because hubby didn't get it into the ground quick enough lol

We are after some fruit trees.
Do you have the item number please? :)

Don't worry found them! :D :eek:

Okay, I'm not a gardener by any stretch of the imagination but hubby has asked me if they are self-pollenating?
Help please! :eek:

Okay, I'm not a gardener by any stretch of the imagination but hubby has asked me if they are self-pollenating?
Help please! :eek:

YES, they all are.

An exceptional collection, these fruit trees are great value for money when compared to the usual prices in mail order catalogues and garden centers.

All trees are grafted onto dwarf rootstocks which will restrict the growing height to 6-7 feet – the perfect height for picking and growing in small gardens or in pots on patios and balconies. Due to the dwarf rootstock they need very little pruning – only prune dead, diseased or crossing branches and for shape if required.

Crops from all summer long for 50 years or more.

Contents:

1 x Stella Cherry Tree
1 x Plum Victoria Tree
1 x Apple Braeburn Tree
1 x Pear Conference Tree

Braeburn Apple: This variety is renown for their massive cropping –these trees will yield several pounds of juicy, crisp, mouth-watering fruit, and thereafter the crop size just gets bigger and bigger every year. They are ready to enjoy from September onwards, and if stored in a cool place will last up to three months. Home freezing will allow you to savour that delicious Braeburn flavour all year round.

Conference Pear: Everyone knows that ripe juicy British pears are one of the most succulent fruits you can eat. The ‘Conference’ variety has a flavour all of its own that is simply sublime. Once established your tree can produce up to 100 lbs of delicious fruit every year. You can pick your fruit whilst still hard from mid-September to store in a cool place - then allow them to ripen in a bowl at room temperature as required. Alternatively just leave them to ripen naturally on the tree during October.

Victoria Plum : Once tasted, never forgotten. Our Victoria Plum tree is a popular classic due to its plump, sweet and juicy fruits and bumper crops year upon year. You can expect your tree to be laden with up to 100 lbs of fruit for the next 30 years and beyond. Harvest from late-July onwards, Victorias are ideal for jams, preserves and pies, or if kept in a freezer you can enjoy these beauties all the year round.

Stella Cherry: This is the most popular British dessert cherry with large, sweet, juicy fruit that are almost black once ripened. Ideal for the table or eating straight off the tree. Stella is a proven winner, a heavy and reliable cropper, with an expected yield of up to 10lbs of delicious fruit each season from the third year onwards.

Thanks!
Just ordered.
With the P+P it works out at just over £9 per tree which is a great price. :)

I've heard that about the plum trees! Can't wait:1:

I bought these about 3 weeks ago.

All are in leaf now and growing well.

Most impressed with them, the same trees sell in my local garden centre for £34 each.

They came as 5 foot trees with about 5 to 7 branches on each.

My Braeburn is the only one I'm a bit iffy about because it's one long trunk with just a couple of whippy branches coming up from the bottom. It's growing really well with lots of leaves but is the lack of branches anything to worry about?

My Braeburn is the only one I'm a bit iffy about because it's one long trunk with just a couple of whippy branches coming up from the bottom. It's growing really well with lots of leaves but is the lack of branches anything to worry about?

Hiya Calico,

Don't worry about your Braeburn. The Bramley we got from IW last year was the same (mine is just a big stick lol) but there seem to be a good few apples growing on it at the moment. It looks pathetic against the rest of my trees but it's doing OK

Here's a couple of pics of my apple stick. You can see the new growth on the 2nd pic and some lovely developing apples. It's been in the ground for a year so I'm reasonably pleased to see some apples :D

Attachments

• 2009_05250006.jpg
    2009_05250006.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 236
  • 2009_05250007.jpg
    2009_05250007.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 249
I've had some lovely plants from IW and ordered some sweet peas this weekend. I've only got a balcony and have loads of IW and QVC plants in pots, I'd have got the fruit trees if I had space! The gardener kept saying that they would be fine in large pots for 4 - 5 years so for £7.50 each (plus delivery) it's a great buy.

And me, I talk to my plant pots every day. The really strange thing is that I'm sure one of them answered me back this morning - but then that could have been the effects of the prescription painkillers for my migraine :54::p

Here's a couple of pics of my apple stick. You can see the new growth on the 2nd pic and some lovely developing apples. It's been in the ground for a year so I'm reasonably pleased to see some apples :D

Thanks Siren - you've got a nice crop of apples growing there! It's so exciting growing your own fruit and I can't wait to get some!

I bought these too and I can't believe I'm so excited about watching them grow! Fabulous value and if I manage to get some fruit off them before killing them, then that's a bonus!! LOL

Latest posts

Back