More stones falling out of Rocks rings

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Mathilda

Aberdeen Shopper
What a pain! Was about to put on a tanzanite cluster ring today, when I saw it had lost a stone. I've only worn the flippin' ring twice.I bought it ages ago, it's been sitting innocently in its box.
Another tanzanite ring I had from Rocks arrived with a stone missing and I only agreed to a replacement because I was persuaded that such a thing was most unlikely to happen again. I have never worn it, because I am sure it's going to pop stones everywhere. Had a couple of bracelets lose stones too and I know from the posts on ST that others have had similar troubles. You may well remember the carryon I had with the big Colombian emerald that was loose as a goose?!!
Not at all happy with the standards of quality control on any of the channels nowadays. I pretty much gave up on Gems because of the same thing. Is no -one taking a proper pride in the standard of their work/ merchandise any more? Have the people employed in QA/QC got NO idea as to what their job should entail?
Grumph, grumph, mump mump!

How disappointing and annoying Mathilda. As you say, these things shouldn't happen with proper QC, but unfortunately when a company has a constant quick turnover to keep the cash flowing, they inevitably will.

Hopefully, Rocks will refund you the money on the ring, not the point I know, but better than nothing.

BTW, what was the outcome of the Colombian Emerald Saga? I know there was a lot of to-ing and fro-ing with it, did you ever get it resolved to your satisfaction?

:doggie:

How annoying Mathilda. Give CS a call and see what they have to offer. Such a shame when you have to get a refund on the pieces you really love and want to wear it! Keep us all posted.

Thanks for your words, Mad and BH..... good to have some support when you're feeling miffed!

I see the Moderators have moved this here from the Drop.... sorry if I put it in the wrong place.... I was having a general whinge, really, not just aimed at Rocks.

I'll have to look up my receipts to see how long ago I got the tanzy ring. If I'd worn it more /sooner, then this would have likely happened sooner but it has been a while and no company carries it's QA cover for long these days, and I accept that, even if I don't agree!! I may email Katherine to see what she suggests. She's a peach and really does her best to sort things out, I know. I feel sorry for her that this sort of sloppy QC means she has so very much to deal with. The lass must have the patience of a saint.

The Emerald ring is fine now, thanks. Steve made me an offer of a payment towards the further work I felt needed to be done and finally I have a secure ring that is a great delight.

Even one of the best Jewellers in town recently astounded me when I found that a fab pair of South Sea pearl earrings that I had only had for a week had a fixing come loose and then both needed to have their fixings completely redone when the first repair was off centre. This poor quality workmanship is everywhere....I despair of it, I really do.
Gawd help us if the electrical equipment we buy is this badly made... it'd be a wonder that folks weren't getting electrocuted by the day! What is SO HARD about making jewellery properly? Why should we have to put up with this bother so often?

Feeling like very grumpy woman again..... off to get hot chocolate to calm ratty nerves!!
Thanks for listening!

Ooops......

Sorry you've had another episode of loose stones Mathilda.........mysmilie_1556 ....that's sounds more like a medical complaint.....sorry!

Was just going to suggest following MFG's amd BH's example.......they're now making their own jewellery.
Do you both have an efficient QC department ladeeez? mysmilie_1436

Rant away Mathilda. I am positive Katherine will offer you some solution. She indeed is a gem.

I think I have been lucky with my purchases but then again I don't wear the same bling that often as having a vast collection :D So far I have had two stones come out from 2 different rocks rings both in the same week!! Both refunded no problem.

Everything cross for you xx

Sorry you've had another episode of loose stones Mathilda.........mysmilie_1556 ....that's sounds more like a medical complaint.....sorry!

Was just going to suggest following MFG's amd BH's example.......they're now making their own jewellery.
Do you both have an efficient QC department ladeeez? mysmilie_1436

Sacha! :1:
Yes, well, I am taking the tablets!! :54:

I've seen the super things the "Gals" are making.... very smart they are too, I'm impressed by their skills and imaginations..... so much fun to be had from assirted bling of all types, ain't there? :14:

Rant away Mathilda. I am positive Katherine will offer you some solution. She indeed is a gem.

I think I have been lucky with my purchases but then again I don't wear the same bling that often as having a vast collection :D So far I have had two stones come out from 2 different rocks rings both in the same week!! Both refunded no problem.

Everything cross for you xx

Bless, you, BH, of course you don't wear most of your jewellery that often.... there aren't enough hours in the day with a collection the size of yours!! !! :54: :10:
M
xx

Any results yet?

This is one main reason that I don't go on their site much, to may incidents of stone falling out, hardly great advertising. Also I have noticed that on these threads no-one tends to come from their CS to explain why stones keep on falling out of items.

i have had this problem with a ring i bought from pricedrop at least with rocks you have katherine to sort it out all i got from the supervisor i spoke to was WE ARE STICKING TO OUR 14 DAY RETURNS POLICY see my thread on this forum

Any results yet?

This is one main reason that I don't go on their site much, to may incidents of stone falling out, hardly great advertising. Also I have noticed that on these threads no-one tends to come from their CS to explain why stones keep on falling out of items.

think maybe sometimes the saying you get what you pay for is true, the prices on rocks may be cheap, but seems the quality is too!

Yes, Tequila, Rocks do have the huge advantage of the lovely Katherine, who takes her CS role very seriously, bless her! She is helping me out with the matter and I thank her most sincerely for her advice and assistance. She is a HUGE asset to the company......without her and Tony's efforts there would not be so many loyal customers. Quality control really is terribly important.

Any results yet?

Hi Yazrose

Sorry to hear about the gem that fell out. I must admit that with gold and silver jewellery when we prong set gems this is our biggest challenge. Make the prongs too small and they bend too easily, make them to big and it is easier to get them caught on clothing. We do have very tight quality control on all of our pieces and although we strive for a 100 percent quality rate, it is not possible due to the fact that precious metals do bend very easily.

What i can do however, is offer the best support package in the industry and make sure my team deal with problems efficiently and quickly.

While other companies have dramatically reduced or in some cases even stopped selling cluster rings for this very reason, we continue to work hard at developing new alloys to strengthen these precious metals and develop different setting to minimise the risks

any questions feel free to email me [email protected]

regards

steve

Hi, Steve,
Good to know this is something you are actively addressing.
It is not a problem unique to Rocks, of course... this is something that is widespread nowadays . 'Rocks' are unusual in having customer services staff that will go the extra mile to sort out difficulties .... you must be proud of your team's efforts under your guidance !

Update, Folks!
I contacted Katherine and she, as usual, has quietly and efficiently worked her CS magic and sorted everything out for me.
I don't care how often I say this, that Lass is worth her weight in gold for the service she is providing to customers to ensure we are pleased with everything. Have to say of course, that if quality control was better in the first place, the poor girl would not be worked quite so hard, eh??!!
THREE CHEERS FOR KATHERINE,I SAY!!
And Good Luck to Steve in his quest to improve quality control and congratulations to him for his efforts and for his skill in hiring great team members! :cool2:

Hiya,

I myself have just fallen foul of this 'stones falling out' mishap. I purchased one of the enhancer charms and wore it for one morning before i noticed that all that was left was the lobster clasp the green amethyst had gone :-( The fabulous Jayne refunded my card for this, then the following day i noticed i'm missing a marcasite stone on one of my rings aswell...The lovely Katherine has asked me to return the ring for a replacement which i shall do as i really like the ring. I've never had problems with regards to quality when it comes to Rocks jewellery before so i'm wondering is this a minor blip? has anyone else had problems with marcasite and enhancer charms and glued gems in general?

Wibblypig xx

I had a gem fall out of one of my Karma charms, but as soon as I contacted them they replaced the charm (twice) and were really apologetic and quick. I have bought quite a lot of charms and since then (touch wood) everything seems to be fine. There, I've said it now, lol, wait for an update :tongue2:

I bought a diamond cluster ring from Rocks TV and immediately a gem came loose and was lost. Returned the ring to Rocks and a replacement was sent. After two days wearing the replacement ring yet another gem was lost. Again the ring was sent back to Rocks and I received a total refund and for the postage that I had spent. I cannot fault the Customer Service department who have been excellent. As mentioned by other posters, it's the Quality Control that really lets the company down. I haven't bought anything from Rocks TV since which is a real shame because the numerous Rocks items that I have stashed away in my jewellery box are lovely pieces.

Latest posts

Back