To Ideal World....

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Lottie

Silly Moo
In case you're under any illusions as to just how BAD your customer service is, please check this page:

http://www.dooyoo.co.uk/tv-channels/ideal-world/reviews/

Lots of very angry and disillusioned customers.

I saw a show yesterday where the presenter prattled on about how good customer service at IW is - and how IW want you to "spread the word". Well, until you stop the appalling customer service and the passing on of sensitive data illegally, you are going to continue losing good customers hand over fist.

I cancelled my account because of the Travel Steps fiasco and I won't be renewing it.

You only have to read the iJoy thread to see the problems Dazzler's had - which seem typical, unfortunately.

So STOP MAKING FALSE CLAIMS ON AIR, you could be done by Trades Descriptions - and you make the people who have suffered as a result of your costly helpline VERY ANGRY! :33:

well after reading that Lottie I wont be getting my Ijoy ride then!!!

I am really Hoping that Mike Hancox will answer my email and chase up my Ijoyride before Hubby takes drastic action.

Glad to see your saga has finally ended in Good News Dazzler, but you seem to be the exception and not the rule. :(

Also, having a helpline which you have to pay for, and are left hanging on for what seems to be a customary 15 mins at a time, is unforgivable.

I really think IW are coming into their death throws and the channel will stop trading in the not too distance future.

I am sure I have said this before Donna , but I am suprised they have lasted so long , I have been a memeber of this site since it's early days and there have been many thread on saga's similar to the I-joy one.
For me they have always been hit and miss.
Even in the days of Steve Whately I returned a faulty product to the makers rather than to IW, and glad I did as i had sorted by return of, post. The company was RIo and I am suprised they still sell through IW as I have found Rio has good cutomer service. They are the UK distributors of the Pilates Machine sold on QVC.

I think their financial practices show they are in their final throes.

Think of the interest IW are making by keeping onto money and shipping 3 weeks later - and that doesn't take into account any credit terms they may have with their manufacturers and suppliers which can mean holding onto that money for even longer.

I was angered into posting this thread when I saw IW glibly making claims as to how wonderful their customer service is - and it's just unreal that they can even think of getting away with doing this. After Dazzler's doldrums and the Travel Steps larks it was the straw that broke....

Last edited:
Yes everyone my Ijoy has finally arrived the chap who brought it said he could not beleive how long I had to wait for it. I am just so glad its now arrived and I can out all this behind me the stress!!!!

I've never had any dealings with IW but wondered if anyone has a good word to say for them> Has any forum member actually had a positive shopping experience with them?

I think that you get goods in 10 days if the stock is in stock and not coming direct, it seems they dont put the order through for weeks. Ijoy Ride people only got my order on Friday yet IW had my order from 2nd May! In any case even if you get goods in 10 days the CS is not very good as they charge for the calls and take your money before they despatch the goods, which to me is not good. And they make up to many stories, if they can do this to one customer they can do it to many others.

Yes everyone my Ijoy has finally arrived the chap who brought it said he could not beleive how long I had to wait for it. I am just so glad its now arrived and I can out all this behind me the stress!!!!

Sounds like it came straight from iJoy then by the sounds of it?
I bet IW hadn't paid them and that's why they hadn't sent them out :(

I've never had any dealings with IW but wondered if anyone has a good word to say for them> Has any forum member actually had a positive shopping experience with them?

I think I ordered fly flots and the delivery was fine - although slower than QVC considering it's the same carrier.
I deliver fly flots now and they do seem to be sent out around a week after the shows are on TV.
Same seems to go for the cleaning stuff - but I've not used it.

My main gripe with IW was having my details passed onto another company without the links to that company being properly explained - or the implications of credit card auto withdrawals. When I realised what was happening I cancelled my account.

If i need fly flots there's always shoe shop.com and their customer service is very good.

Sounds like it came straight from iJoy then by the sounds of it?
I bet IW hadn't paid them and that's why they hadn't sent them out :(

Thats right Lottie IW took our money yonks ago, but IJoy only got the order Friday cos when i rang wed last week the lady said that nothing was showing on their system.

There has been the odd postings over the years of folks having quick delivery or not having had any problems.

hand on heart, promise! i don't buy regularly, probably 2-3 times a year at most, but i've NEVER had any problems...which seems the exception to other peoples experiences. as already said, i think it really depends on what you've ordered. they do seem to be getting worse of late though.

from memory, i've had:

samy salon stuff
their yogurt maker
ready to wear cosmetics
plants
rio airbrush tanning system
duvet/bedding set
jewellery

(i feel like i'm on the generation game! :D)

i can't think of anything else at the moment.

There has been the odd postings over the years of folks having quick delivery or not having had any problems.

I can honestly say that I've never had any problem with anything I've ordered from I.W., although I'm more wary now, when I place an order, because of others' experiences. Anything I've returned has been refunded with no problems and a recent refund appeared in my account in a record 4 days. Goods have usually arrived round about when I expect them to turn up.

I only order online because I've no intention of sitting for ages waiting to be connected to someone who doesn't know what they're talking about, or of pushing buttons on instructions from a computerised voice, but on the one occasion that I've had to ring C.S. (about the recent refund as the item was deleted after I ordered it) the guy I spoke to was efficient and answered my query and, as I mentioned earlier, the money was paid back into my account (4 days earlier than the date he said it would be in by.)

And I'm glad to hear that you had a positive outcome after all your recent hassle, Dazzler. :)

Latest posts

Back