MOMMA...did u cut a Dash?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Mrs James

aka bella battenburg
This was an interesting show and clothing (apparantly) suited to laydees wot golf.... altho' perhaps more Birkenhead pitch and putt than Belfry :tea:

I'll have to dust off me clubs and go clobber some balls. I used to be a dab hand with a 3 Wood :whistle:

:doggie:

Yarse actually :5:

I fell for this Damsel (In distress) :31: Fly Print Blouse

149646_STANDARD___20090601.jpg

Flies are on me :56:

I remember "Dash" in the 80's as a company selling rather expensive but well made, bright casual clothes and was mostly bought by young people who had a little bit more money to spend than the average Primark punter, then the shops kind of disappeared only to reappear as small concessions within department stores, and became almost exclusively worn by middle aged and older women from the "country casuals" set, the bright colours seemed to have been replaced by sludges and puces, and the styles, a lot more conservative. Personally, I think the stuff is horrible and it just makes me think of posh old dears who want something casual to go walking the dog in, but wouldn't deign to suffer the hustle and bustle of the high street! I haven't seen any of the shows yet, but it wouldn't surprise me if they weren't clinging on to it's old image of fashionable and funky casuals, when in fact anyone can see that it's hideously ugly and about as frumpy as you can get!!!!!!

yes i know i remember by sister buying dance clothes in the eighties or was it the seventies but nothing like what they were showing on IW

I bought quite a lot of Dash clothes during the eighties. They were nice quality and a bit different. I can't believe the things they're showing on IW are from the same company.

I bought quite a lot of Dash clothes during the eighties. They were nice quality and a bit different. I can't believe the things they're showing on IW are from the same company.

Like another poster said, I remember lots of stuff suitable for dancing/aerobics, as well as bright and summery casuals..this stuff bears no resemblance at all...reminds me of Damart!

Real Women?

Dash I think I'm right in saying are part of Eastex, and Alexon. Kinda thing you find in Debenhams. Well made clothes but a bit left ion the 80's... at least it's not the shoulder pads and ruffled blouses! [Or was that just the men...]

Just a question... at what size do you become a 'real' woman? If I'm under a size 12 am I fake? Don't get the phraze.

I have some Dash " Casual Wear ". It is smart/casual and really excellent quality. Everything I have washes so well and it all looks like new. I have recently added to my collection and there are some great colour choices available.

Dash I think I'm right in saying are part of Eastex, and Alexon. Kinda thing you find in Debenhams. Well made clothes but a bit left ion the 80's... at least it's not the shoulder pads and ruffled blouses! [Or was that just the men...]

Just a question... at what size do you become a 'real' woman? If I'm under a size 12 am I fake? Don't get the phraze.

I think I know what is meant by "real woman"..don't think they're suggesting for one minute that anyone size 12 and under aren't real, but as size 16 is purported to be the average British ladies' dress size, then why are all the clothes shown by the media almost exclusively modelled by girls who look as though they're size 6-10?

I'm actually a size 10 (thanks to slimming world) but I know that if I didn't watch what I ate, I'd be a size 16/18 before you knew it, so in a way my size isn't "real". I'm not saying that they're aren't many many lucky girls out there who can eat exactly what they want and do little or no exercise and of course they are "real women". I just think that the saying is used to help women who aren't particularly slim, naturally, or otherwise, who aren't "airbrushed", tanned and coiffed to feel better about themselves!

Latest posts

Back