PDA

View Full Version : Kathy Tayler

Bettyboo
18-07-2008, 02:45 PM
How old is Kathy? Has she just got middle age spread or is it something else? Maybe it's just that extra weight that they say looks worse on TV as she looks really weighty around the middle today or is she just on the same diet as J.R. as she seems to be wearing smocks these days.

iggy
18-07-2008, 03:00 PM
bettyboo
i dunno how old, BUT she was on tv when they 1st started showing progs in the morning 6am start ones [ not saying how long ago ] BUT shes older than i am, me thinks & that makes her a pensionor for sure ] ....i do think i am right.happy to hear that im not as my old age lets me remember some things & not others ;) so my opinion is shes well fit for her age......& yes TV supposed to add 10 pounds....yikes

nicecupoftea
18-07-2008, 03:09 PM
She was born in 1960 according to her Wikipedia entry - and that's always true.

GenieDi
18-07-2008, 03:26 PM
Same age as me then, and I've now got exactly the same problem. I never used to hold fat in that area, until now!

Middle aged spread......:(

shaw*gorby
18-07-2008, 03:41 PM
Poor Kathy :( She used to be a world-class athlete too, so she must have been very fit then.

miniminx
18-07-2008, 04:17 PM
She was supposed to be doing some fitness challenge or something, they showed a film of her doing the heptathlon or whatever she did when she was younger, with her saying "I used to be superfit, i want to be like that again!" That seems to have gone by the wayside. :( shame.

GenieDi
18-07-2008, 04:18 PM
It's blinking hard once it's there to shift it!

I blame hormones....:rolleyes:

Lemonsqueezy
18-07-2008, 04:28 PM
I'm 49....with middle aged spread:rolleyes::(:p

GenieDi
18-07-2008, 04:30 PM
We should start a club.... :D

Marion
18-07-2008, 05:27 PM
I'm 49....with middle aged spread:rolleyes::(:p

Is that like sandwich spread, except past its sell by date? ;)

And yes, I have it too........:o :lol1:

Snuffles
18-07-2008, 05:28 PM
I just have spread - can't really call it middle aged as I appear to have had it since around age 11...

miniminx
18-07-2008, 05:33 PM
My mum has it!:eek:

a107
18-07-2008, 05:35 PM
Oh dear, Jill too thin and fit and Kathy too weighty, what is an acceptable weight to be on our tv screen?

miniminx
18-07-2008, 05:37 PM
I think Catherine Huntley looks nice

GenieDi
18-07-2008, 05:57 PM
I like Kathy, she's "normal" and very down to earth.

BusyLizzie
18-07-2008, 06:03 PM
I like Kathy, she's "normal" and very down to earth.

I think the same. I find it quite appealing when she "fluffs" her sales patter!

Dazzler!
18-07-2008, 06:14 PM
I like all the presenters, they are all nice in their own way, as for weight its up to them if they are happy being plump or thin or whatever. The only way I think to lose the middle age spread (as people put it) is, if they are concerned about it is is diet and exercise.

shushkin!
18-07-2008, 06:38 PM
I like Kathy to. I saw her on the Smashbox hour this afternoon and had to laugh when she made a bit of a gaff! They were demoing the eyeliner which goes inside and outside the eye and dear old Kath says that she remembered being told that kohl in the inner eye rim makes your eyes look smaller. :D Kath just said exactly what I was thinking! Its true it does make your eyes look smaller IMHO
You should have seen the girls face. There was definitely a sharp intake of breath and Kath had to quickly dig herself out of a deep hole.

Evie
18-07-2008, 07:09 PM
I am always happy to watch Kathy presenting. She has a pleasant manner and does not have me reaching for the remote control. I am not bothered about her weight, television always makes people look bigger , she is in fact one of the prettiest presenters

Suki 1
18-07-2008, 07:27 PM
How old is Kathy? Has she just got middle age spread or is it something else? Maybe it's just that extra weight that they say looks worse on TV as she looks really weighty around the middle today or is she just on the same diet as J.R. as she seems to be wearing smocks these days.

I thought Julia looked terrible in that smock yesterday

Bettyboo
18-07-2008, 07:35 PM
I also like Kathy I just noticed she looked as if she had gained a bit of weight round the middle. I like her because she is herself and has a lovely smile. At least she doesn't try to make us believe she is in a size small. I don't care if the presenters are fat thin or middling but I do think they should make the most of what they've got you don't have to be thin to be attractive. I find the only way to keep the weight off is to eat less and excercise more whatever age.

harfarhs
19-07-2008, 02:20 AM
How old is Kathy?

As I posted pre-hard disc crash: around the time of JR's big 50th birthday do, KT proclaimed live on air her own 48th birthday. That makes her a summer 1958 baby.

boffy
19-07-2008, 07:49 AM
plumpness aside kathy to me is the prettiest of all the feamale presenters and i feel one of the more genuine. she has a freindly airy way of presenting which i like.

mariecat
19-07-2008, 12:13 PM
It's middle age spread. She doesn't give a monkey's either - just paying lip service to any fitness regimes she mentions. She is very satisfied with her wonderfully comfortable life, aided and abetted by qvc who foolishly continue to keep her on the payroll to just whitter and stutter her way through the job.

angiebabe1
19-07-2008, 12:36 PM
julia goes from one extreme to another she either wears something too tight or something too smocky, I think she in a fuddle, she needs Gok to sort her out.

margaret43
19-07-2008, 01:45 PM

Well I don't!

Dazzler!
19-07-2008, 02:03 PM

I totally agree with you BusyLizzie xx

prophette
19-07-2008, 02:03 PM
I used to like Kathy and agree she's pretty, natural and a sweet person BUT her ability to screw up the simplest explanation gets on my nerves nowadays!!! Went to the BCC Carol Service with my DD and our hearts sank when we saw Kathy was reading - and yes, she managed to fluff her lines... :rolleyes:

mariecat
19-07-2008, 02:07 PM
She may well be nice and all that, but she's paid to present and if she isn't doing it properly she faces criticism (and should face the sack).

margaret43
19-07-2008, 02:15 PM
She may well be nice and all that, but she's paid to present and if she isn't doing it properly she faces criticism (and should face the sack).

I agree! Nice woman, but a disaster work wise!

mimi
19-07-2008, 03:00 PM
I agree that she's probably a very nice person but I find her painful to watch, she always looks strained and her stumbling and ahh's and umm's grate after a while.