Something Fishy??!!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Klosblue

Costs nothing to be nice!
I've been watching Gems for a while now and every game is Closed and saying "None Left" on the web BEFORE the price drops!! What's going on? Smells fishy to me!

Another thing - they go on about how the prices are fantastic because of this 90 Hour Marathon thingy but I've seen them make a big deal about chains they've had on yet each time I've checked the web shop (and we know how overpriced that normally is) to find the prices are only 50p cheaper in this wonderful record breaking event!! An example is a 9ct Yellow Gold Prince of Wales Chain 3.2 g which just sold live for £33.75. They made a big deal out of this "fantastic" price but you can buy it any time online for £34.25!! So unless you think a saving of 50p is "fantastic" and "incredible" they're talking a load of carp!!

This thing looks like one BIG con!!

Hiya Klos,

Yeah, I've noticed this instant closure of games on the web. I missed out on a piece because of it. I assumed there'd be no point in trying to phone, and then the flipping thing took an age to go on the telly. How to confuse your customers and not win 'em. I can't help but wonder if we might be to blame a bit for this, let's face it most of us mess about with our baskets. Whilst of course telephone callers can cancel in just the same way, many may not even realise that and probably aren't quite so quick off the mark as we may be. I'll admit to getting things into my basket from time to time in order to get a better look at it. If I don't want it I do try to get it back into the game before it closes, but this is not always possible with fast games. This can work both ways though. If I were ordering on the phone, I probably wouldn't have bothered if in doubt, whereas ordering on the net I have kept a lot of pieces I probably wouldn't have bothered to phone for.

Gems do offer a much more flexible internet system than the others, and this is one of the reasons why I keep coming back. That flexibility could unfortunately be coming back to bite them on the bum on such events as this.

I dunno what the answer is, but I think (just for once) I understand the problem. If this is the price we have to pay for the flexibility, then I'm prepared to go along with it irritating though it is.

Argey xx

Latest posts

Back