Is this normal with IW?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

helbels

Registered Shopper
Hi there

I placed my first ever order with IW at the weekend for a phone that was on a 4 day deal. At the point I bought it, they said that 25% of the stock had gone - so it was nowhere near selling out or being limited stock.

I checked my order status today and the order is showing as "In progress", but with an estimated delivery date of 18TH AUGUST!!! :sad: I'm sure at the time I ordered it said 5-7 days for delivery!

I think it's ridiculous that I should have to wait 2 months to get something. Is this normal?? Is there anything I can do about it?

Thanks
Helen.

Probably is 5-7 days AFTER they have posted it.

Someone with more experience will be along soon to help out I am sure.

Very normal sadly - I rang up about a craft order from 17 May today to find out that they have cancelled my order and a refund is on it's way - there was no telephone call or e-mail - CS say they have to rely on the customer calling them. There was even a tracking number on the website for the parcel:thinking2:!

No reason given and it was live on air when I ordered it, but you have to call then cos they are too busy to call you apparently! They've had my money all this time and I have to call THEM!!

Very normal. Sorry to be the barron of bad news, but their delivery stinks IMHO. Dont go by the estimated delivery date. it reach when it reach. That means it may be any day really allow up to 30 days delivery max.

Yes, this is normal. I ordered a Nokia phone from them for my mother as an Xmas present a couple of years ago. They promised 7-14 working days for delivery, needless to say it didn't turn up in that time. Customer Service were less than useless when I rang up to find out when or if it would be delivered, I think I rang them at least 5 times. I cancelled the order with them in the end, had to hassle them for a refund which I never got - and the phone turned up 8 weeks later, two days before Xmas and after I'd gone out and made other arrangments for my mother's present. A truly dreadful company.

Yup it's normal. I waited over a month for my delivery and on checking my order online found they'd cancelled it and (luckily!) refunded me without so much as an email or courtesy phone call! My advice.... Don't hold your breath!

Even an old fashioned letter would be better than nothing.
I thought about ordering some Raspberries today, the garden guy was saying they would fruit for months, in my Marshalls catalogue the same variety only fruit for 4 weeks.
Glad I thought better than to order from them.

My advice would be save your hard earned cash and dont bother order of them.

I haven't bought anything from this lot for yonks - nor will I ever again. I do watch the fashion from time to time - for a laugh!

Yep, this sounds about par for the course as far as IW are concerned. The sooner people stop buying from them and they go bust the better.

They gave me ................ wait for it!!!!! £5 voucher to spend with them after the problems withthe Ijoy ride. Do they really think I am going to go through contacting customer services again to place a order and use my £5 voucher with them, and then have to pay towards the item as nothings a fiver, and then wait again for non delivery no thanks!

To be fair, I've had no worries with their deliveries this year, most things are here within 3 days.

The only things that bring horror stories are items which are coming direct from the manufacturer..like my curtains!! :12:

They gave me ................ wait for it!!!!! £5 voucher to spend with them after the problems withthe Ijoy ride. Do they really think I am going to go through contacting customer services again to place a order and use my £5 voucher with them, and then have to pay towards the item as nothings a fiver, and then wait again for non delivery no thanks!

Wouldn't even cover the P and P would it Dazzler? :confused2:

Wouldn't even cover the P and P would it Dazzler? :confused2:

Exactly. Well I dont care even if they deliver other items within a few days which are not manufactor items, the fact of the matter is there customer service is not very good, IMHO I dont feel they care about their customers, and have not been honest with me on my delivery as they should have said in the first place that the item will take 30 days and also they dont answer emails straight away but take up to 10 days to reply. Sorry but when something is rubbish from day one it will always be rubbish. No chances with me rather stick with QVC. if they cant do what they say then I would rather not bother in the first place. Life is stressful enough without worrying about deliverys.

I get the idea they don't actually have the stock in. But wait to see how many they sell then put the order in with the manufacturers.

I think you are right there donna. My order from manufactors when I called them direct could not even trace my order, they said it was not showing on their system, then a few days later they rang me to say it was showing and they would ship it. It then only took one day to arrive from the manufacturers.

Latest posts

Back