To tray Jerome Alexander or not ?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

rainbowj63

Registered Shopper
Whats Jerome Alexander like ?????? Anyone ??? Before i splash out... any wish words welcome:flower:

Only tried a blusher Rainbow and personally wouldnt touch any of his products again after using it but everyone is different. The blusher was very powdery so left dust everywhere and the colour was harsh. Maybe one of the other FM's has had better luck.

Bet:sad:

My mum uses the italian marble , has done for a long time now
Her skin tans easily so she is medium/dark skin depending on the season
I tried it once when I was at her house.On me it just looked awful!!!
My skin is very light.
So it really is not suitable for all skin tones esp not light/pale
In my opinion
But looks great on my mum :wave2:
Hope this helps

Last edited:
I think his italian marble powder is good, bit crumbly...the ready to wear marble powder is far less crumbly...it's a smaller compact and I'm not sure how the prices compare.....have a look on IW's site. JA's mascara though is brilliant, however, last time I looked it wasn't on the site...he used to sell through IW 5 tubes of mascara that are sealed in plastic for freshness..ie you don't accidentally open a new one till you've finished the old one. They were only £14.99 for 5...Just off to check if they're back!!!!!

No they're not, didn't think they'd be, I'm running out fast and don't want to have to buy a whole set of something I don't need just to get one mascara...pah!

Never used it - doesn't appeal to me.

For some reason I find watching him fascinating though - he's so cack handed and rude to boot about people's complexions (he's looking kind of leathery himself). Brought tears to my eyes last night the way he was pulling and tugging at the skin around the models eyes.:eek::eek: so much so that I had to switch off.

Never used it - doesn't appeal to me.

For some reason I find watching him fascinating though - he's so cack handed and rude to boot about people's complexions (he's looking kind of leathery himself). Brought tears to my eyes last night the way he was pulling and tugging at the skin around the models eyes.:eek::eek: so much so that I had to switch off.

I agree cupcake, it is so funny watching him - and the finished result is like something a five year old would do with makeup.

I have seen the models with mascara all over their faces, and the wiggliest eyeliner. A good laugh - but the products don't look good either.:giggle:

I once bought a collection of his pieces. The blusher was smashed to bits in the box (complained and got a £5 discount) and the mascara had my eyes streaming as soon as I applied it. Never again

The way he applies the mascara is hysterical, the poor models end up looking like they've only got 2 lashes :tongue2:. I swear those models either get a valium or double pay for working with him :giggle:

He was bragging (again) about how his primer was exactly the same as one being sold on another channel for £40 but his costs a fraction of price. His looked like liquid when Debbie tried it on her hand. The Smashbox one is much thicker and costs less than 40 quid, even when they do the jumbo tube ... so not sure what he was trying to compare it to.

Oh and he'd like you to know that his is pure silicone :rock:

The man's a mess!

I don't think they should let him do the models eyes, they should do them themselves- he doesn't instill faith the way he stands there at the beginning looking up to the ceiling while he's rambling on about his amazing products - he reminds me of that old blind hill farmer who shears his sheep dog on the Specsavers advert...I mean really, would you let him near your eyes :28:

LOL Anna!

Did you see him pull some of the poor models yesterday? He basically did the pinch test that people do on the back of their hands with the skin under her eyes. Was painful to watch. Poor girl. I don't know why she subjects herself to him every time he's on.

Would I let him near me? Heck no! If I was one of their models I'd have a restraining order out on him!!!

He was pinching his own eye bags today - he must've got a bollocking off someone :18:

I thought it was a bit rich how he implied today's model had a fat face and if his stuff could cover that it would cover anything! - cheeky bleeder, he's not exactly an oil painting himself :58:

I purchased the Italian marble powder -duo set ,ewwwww awful stuff! it was grainy [not fine] and the most horrid colour - he says it suits everyones skin tone ,ha perhaps if you have the fake orange face like his?
Stick to your qvc [slightly dearer] but so much more quality : BE ,SMASHBOX,LAURA GELLAR,BOBBY BROWN,
all good brands with different shades for different skin tones.:flower::flower::flower:

Latest posts

Back