Tenner Moaning Continually

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

M

Meeshoo

Guest Shopper
FFS why on earth do Rocks allow him on? All he's done for the past couple of hours is moan moan moan.

- He's moaned that items are selling too cheaply.
- He's moaned that "this gemstone isn't suitable for a falling auction".
- He's moaned that the clock should have been brought in when there were 5 in the game, not just for the last one etc etc etc.

Tenner if you don't like it, go back to Brazil. Nobody wants to see a sulky presenter.

Even Vicky B asked him if he'd got out of the wrong side of the bed.

Whilst I can see what he's trying to do, this technique is boring!

It's nice to hear Paraiba pronounced properly though. The only English presenter I have heard do this is, surprisingly, Rod Jinks on Gems.

Last edited:
Have to say, I have a high tolerance level for twaddle, but even I had to switch over from that combo this morning - if he can get that much for the stones then stop selling them to R&C and do just that.

I too understand that its a technique but its wearing thin - I'm daft with money when it comes to jewellery - not stupid in general, which is how that was pitched.

Have to say though, he was quite funny in his own way last night - the new and longer on-air hours they are getting the presenters to do, seems to send them doo-lally as they go towards the end of their shifts, which amuses the heck out of me :grin:

Only an idiot would fall for any of their patter on that channel! They should have listened to Margaret on the Apprentice! After their stint at Ideal World, she quite correctly said that TV Shopping Channel viewers don't want the hard sell approach but they want someone they can invite into their homes who they can enjoy watching and can trust. How right she is. Rocks in particular want to listen to someone who does actually have a wealth of business experience and they need to stop the hard sell and treating the viewers like brainless fools! Everyone can see through their drivel and I bet there are a lot more than me who have turned off!

On the subject of Tenner, like the rest of them (except John) he's probably been brainwashed or threatened into playing the part but while I too think he should have stayed in his bed going by whats been said, be honest, you can hardly blame him being in a bad mood having to work with that jumped up woman! She has to be one of the worst, if not THE worst, presenter on any TV channel. At least Jerrilee doesn't appear to know any better and probably just does what she's told like Caroline et al, whereas Ms Vicky "I'm god's gift to eveything" Burton knows exactly what she's doing but thinks she's cleverer that the audience and they'll all fall for her garbage! She must be completely delusional!!

Thankfully, he seemed to cheer up a bit later on. I would prefer he told us some really interesting facts about gem cutting, mining or sourcing rather than banging on about the price. I thought that's why he was there?!

Have been following his progress for a while with interest and admittedly he had an off moment (or couple of hours) which Vicky said was down to jetlag. Otherwise it has been like watching a flowering (not quite a star being born). Unlike his brother Tony, Tenner seems to have come out of his shell and really start enjoying himself. His first stint with John Scott (for instance) was a bit awkward and he mumbled a bit and seemed to battle with his words and possibly with John's style. This was his last visit I hasten to add. This time round he seemed to get the hang of things and it was quite funny watching the presenters trying to get a word in edgeways with their guest.:smirk:

Thankfully, he seemed to cheer up a bit later on. I would prefer he told us some really interesting facts about gem cutting, mining or sourcing rather than banging on about the price. I thought that's why he was there?!

Is it just me? I've never heard anything from these guys that I didn't know already. I'd rather "listen" to Meeshoo on here, any day.

Have to say, I have a high tolerance level for twaddle, but even I had to switch over from that combo this morning - if he can get that much for the stones then stop selling them to R&C and do just that.

I too understand that its a technique but its wearing thin - I'm daft with money when it comes to jewellery - not stupid in general, which is how that was pitched.

Have to say though, he was quite funny in his own way last night - the new and longer on-air hours they are getting the presenters to do, seems to send them doo-lally as they go towards the end of their shifts, which amuses the heck out of me :grin:

Me , too Flossie.... a certain amount of well delivered twaddle can be amusing.... but sometimes enough is enough, eh? !! :sad:

I did like Gavin Linsell when he was on - really informative, with a lot more to say about the gemstones than the prices! He was a breath of fresh air - hope he'll be back on soon.

Perhaps as he's the younger brother, they should've renamed him 'Fiver'??? :whistle:

:doggie:

When I watch a shopping channel, it is to see what an item looks like, and what it does if it is any kind of appliance. I do not want to listen to blurb from a presenter about the price. They are supposed to selling the stuff, not complaining that it is now too cheap, or a bargain. Let us buyers decide that.

Courtesy of babelfish.....

I missed Fiver's appearance on Rocks on this occasion but have heard him say in the past that he doesn't speak English quite so well - "No hablar ingles muy bien" or should it be "Para nao falar muito bem o ingles"......and think that he perhaps does struggle at times with his vocabulary. :talking:

But if I am permitted just one :headbang: it would be this:-

Why do the presenters concentrate so much on just showing a top view of each ring / pendant? So many times I've seen a
very expensive ring just sit on their finger for ages when trying to flog it! Same for pendants......I'm sitting there imploring
(for want of a better word) them to show us the side view and a good look round the piece, instead of this one dimensional view
we seem to be given! mysmilie_1476

I was most pleased quite recently when they were showing a very expensive and large Tanzy ring and it was on for ages
........then the presenter said they had had a call from a customer asking them to show a side view of the ring....which she did, albeit briefly. The side setting and detail was lovely, but we could see none of this beforehand including the actual depth of the stone. The ring did then sell!

I rest my case. :cheeky: :bow:

I quite agree with you, Sacha... If the ring you're thinking of was a trilliant cut tanzy that went for around £2,000, I think I was the person who e-mailed in and asked to see the side view! I wasn't really thinking of buying it, but I just wanted to SEE it - as I would like to with all their pieces!

I think that most of the time, and on all jewellery channels, we see far too much of the presenters and not enough of the jewellery. I love to see the profile of pieces, especially in rings. I'm sure they loose sales simply because we haven't seen a piece from all angles, including the back and undersides. The one exception would be Rocks TV because, should the presenter not show an angle, you can always ask for it.

Argey xx

Consider this ladies ............. watch how the presenters hold the rings. They tilt them at a slight angle. Why? It minimises the view and masks poor cutting and windowing. If you're moving the items around you run the risk of exposing the gemstone in all its glory!

I've got to say that TJC do show different angles which is refreshing and in fact had a stunning trilogy diamond ring on earlier where the side was the showpiece and they showed it from all angles. Very very very tempting ............ :)

Cullinan or Kohinoor?

Talking of good views of Bling........but on a different scale. :mysmilie_738.gif:

When the Queen made her entrance by carriage to Royal Ascot this afternoon, the commentator mentioned she was
wearing a very rarely seen brooch on her pink jacket..

The camera focused on it just long enough to show this huge diamond belting out fire and they seemed to call it
what sounded like "cullinoor"! Now I know that's not correct, and they also mentioned it was the fifth cut/piece of this
famous diamond.....therefore either the Kohinoor or the Cullinan. It was pretty large and in a fancy setting, but I can't find
out from googling which it is. Help pleeez! :nod:

Her Maj has rather a large collection of the Cullinan diamonds and I believe most can be worn in crowns or jewellery. The Cullinan I can be removed from the Royal Sceptre and worn but at over 500ct I reckon you'd notice that from the Moon! It's probably one of the smaller ones.

You might be able to identify it from this:-

http://famousdiamonds.tripod.com/cullinandiamonds.html

One of the Cullinan's can be interchanged with the setting for the Koh-i-Noor as well - oh to have multi-tasking diamonds! :)

V VI VII or VIII?

Having only seen the brooch fleetingly.....the stupid cameraman went onto focus on the runners for the first race.....bah! mysmilie_1476

It could be the top part of the second pic down in your link Meesh or....

the one in this link which is called the Cullinan V Brooch, I'm just not sure.

http://www.royalcollection.org.uk/m...n/object.asp?exhibs=BPSO2006jewellery&item=12

If anyone is interested in seeing ornate 'Royal Bling' then scroll through the arrows, the one in Meesh's link is shown as item 13/27.

Latest posts

Back