Poor customer relations/Manhattan

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

argeybargey

Retired - Don't Quite Fit
Having sat through about 40 minutes of the most patronising drivel coming (disappointingly) from Angeline, I have now switched off. The last straw was "I am as you can notice being very, very coy with names tonight. I don't want to be shouting out people's names that are spending that kind of money". This is an exact quote as I am sufficiently angry to have messed about playing it back to ensure I had got it right.

So what about the rest of us that only spend measly hundreds in a month. We get our names and towns yelled out for every robber to note, whether we want it or not. No consideration is given for the fact that they may well be calling out someone's name and a small village. Even small purchases are interesting to a burglar when the presenter says that you are "a very regular buyer" and "has bought ........... number of times from us". Whilst I appreciate that some people like to have their names read out on telly, this surely is a practice that we should be able to opt into and NOT out, and by our choice - not the presenter's. Whatever our spend, we should all be treated with the same degree of discretion and courtesy.

So be warned, unless you are spending several hundreds or thousands in one evening, your modest but steady custom is of little value to Gems, and security is of no interest whatsoever.

In case you hadn't noticed, this has me seriously miffed.

Argey xx

There is an option to change the name that they say on screen Argey. Go to account details and change the name that you wish to be greeted by. I was 'Mulva' back in the days when I still bought from Gems. :uglygirl:

There is an option to change the name that they say on screen Argey. Go to account details and change the name that you wish to be greeted by. I was 'Mulva' back in the days when I still bought from Gems. :uglygirl:

Yeah BC, but my point is that you shouldn't need to do this, and it was the inference that anyone paying Manhattan prices deserved more consideration than the rest of us. I just thought it was blatant and shocking "crawling" after the dosh and disrepect towards their everyday customers. What they feel is one thing, but to have so little respect for their smaller customers that they are quite happy to make this sort of remark is rude and short-sighted.

Argey xx

Now i know why i havent bought anything off them in the past 18 months and why i doubt i will do so again, i cant even watch it most days now which is a shame as it used to be switched on the moment my kids went to bed until i went to bed, hey ho

Latest posts

Back