PDA

View Full Version : QVC - A Dangerous Sport...

Snuffles
24-06-2008, 06:14 PM
Other half went to reach something from back of shelf at top of wardrobe and was nearly taken out under avalanche of stockpiled beauty stuff - mostly heavy shower gels...

Totally torn. Did not know whether to adninister first aid to him or check for damaged items first...

mrsm
24-06-2008, 06:24 PM
Was owt damaged?

Snuffles
24-06-2008, 06:31 PM
Was owt damaged?

Fortunately nothing bust - just one or two dented boxes - oh and hubby has lump like small hen's egg on head. Told him was very lucky that I have SBC arnica gel!

Now, must find new hiding place. Where is Marzy and does she rent space in that shed of hers...

Twinkle
24-06-2008, 06:43 PM
Oh Dear!:D

BusyLizzie
24-06-2008, 06:46 PM
Thank goodness none of the bottles split - you wouldn't want to lose any of the product would you now......?! Good job OH was there to break the fall!!!! :D

philosophy_girl
24-06-2008, 06:47 PM
Other half went to reach something from back of shelf at top of wardrobe and was nearly taken out under avalanche of stockpiled beauty stuff - mostly heavy shower gels...

Totally torn. Did not know whether to adninister first aid to him or check for damaged items first...

Well that'll teach him to go digging about in the wardrobe! Hopefully you've found some forgotten favourite items!

Mrs James
24-06-2008, 06:52 PM
hide it all again while he's still concussed. He'll not remember a thing.

Kipling Kween
24-06-2008, 06:59 PM
It sort of teaches you a lesson for 'hiding' your stash in such an obvious place. Never 'hide' anything heavy (or in bottles) in a high place. It could have been worse - it could have been YOU buried under all that stuff.

SUPERCOOLWILLOW
24-06-2008, 07:16 PM
ouch it could of been lot worse

Fallen Angel
24-06-2008, 07:19 PM
In the drawers under the bed is a good place to hide your beauty stuff. :D

looby
24-06-2008, 07:29 PM
the cleaning cupboard's a good one;)

brenny
24-06-2008, 08:14 PM
I hide mine around the house in weird places so no one knows what Im buying . LOL

Snuffles
24-06-2008, 08:40 PM
Some excellent ideas here.

Perhaps I could train the rabbit to dig a big warren in the garden - and then to hide and retrieve on command...:)

Kipling Kween
24-06-2008, 09:11 PM
Tip: once it's out of the box and all traces of the delivery have been eradicated, how is the other half ever going to know that you've got something new?

"That? No, I've had it ages - I just moved it from the other cupboard." etc

:D

Maz
24-06-2008, 09:15 PM
Hi,
Put anything you want to hide from OH right under their nose!! They never look no further than this!! :rolleyes:

Kipling Kween
24-06-2008, 09:27 PM
Yeah, that's a good one, too. My hubby only notices stuff if he sees it actually come into the house or if I leave a carrier bag lying around un-emptied. Otherwise, it just disappears into the general disarray. :D

ceejay
24-06-2008, 11:05 PM
This thread has made me laugh,my OH is so unobservant I don't even hide most of my stuff,just blend it in with everything else and he never notices.Or just put it in bags at the bottom of my wardrobe,he never looks in there.:D

Marzy
25-06-2008, 12:13 AM
Fortunately nothing bust - just one or two dented boxes - oh and hubby has lump like small hen's egg on head. Told him was very lucky that I have SBC arnica gel!

Now, must find new hiding place. Where is Marzy and does she rent space in that shed of hers...

Would love to help out,Snuffles but The Shed is choc a bloc with QVC goodies & TK Maxx 'bargains' ;)

BusyLizzie
25-06-2008, 12:26 AM
Would love to help out,Snuffles but The Shed is choc a bloc with QVC goodies & TK Maxx 'bargains' ;)

Marzy you're naughty. I think you're banned from buying the next LE TSV!!!

wheelyred
25-06-2008, 12:27 AM
I hide all of my secrets in my daughters room, no one can find anything in there :D :D

Innish
25-06-2008, 12:42 AM
In the drawers under the bed is a good place to hide your beauty stuff. :D

That's where my stuff is hidden!

Poza
25-06-2008, 05:33 AM
That's where my stuff is hidden!

And mine :D :D

Loved this thread!

bbelle
25-06-2008, 06:48 AM
Tip: once it's out of the box and all traces of the delivery have been eradicated, how is the other half ever going to know that you've got something new?

"That? No, I've had it ages - I just moved it from the other cupboard." etc

:D

That's my strategy, Kipling Kween- all the packaging gets buried in the various bins and the goods hidden where no OH would think to look- lightening fast!

Unless......he happens to be the one who greets the postie, and that's happened to more than a few of us.:(

icr24350
25-06-2008, 08:51 AM
Please let's have sympathy for the walking wounded. I mean he innocently goes into a cupboard and get's hit by an avalanche of beauty products, that his other half has surrepticiously been buying. One item at least 'brains' him, so he ends up with a head wound, and what sympathy does he get ? "Oh I hope none of the products have been damaged!" Come on girls, us men are fragile objects, not used to being hit by a ton of pollyfilla, when we are least expecting it, lol :D.

lala
25-06-2008, 08:51 AM
This thread has had me in stitches. Keep it up girls. ........... I hide my packaging with the rabbit droppings when I clean her out lol.:)

Miriam
25-06-2008, 08:59 AM
God, you could be describing my bathroom cupboard! Even I daren't open that door!

Dazzler!
25-06-2008, 09:24 AM
Marzy's idea of in the shed is brilliant! I put mine in the garage or in the loft!:D

Kipling Kween
25-06-2008, 10:58 AM
Unfortunately, most of my stuff is taken in by hubby, as he works shifts. All I get is 'Now what have you been buying?' or 'Not another *%@@%' parcel from QVC!'

He's learning! ;):rolleyes::D

cedric
25-06-2008, 06:44 PM
I can't believe the amount of ideas I have picked up from this thread,and I have been at the "What this new?No I've had it for years"game for 38 years.:rolleyes:

BaxterBailey
25-06-2008, 07:04 PM
Well...

I've read all the threads which are hilarious by the way - I've been using them all for ages successfully until now!!

Today I was discarding all the boxes from my purchases but the recycling bin was full so I hid the remainder in the shed in oder I could put them in the bin when it was emptied. I was quite happy I'd got away with the number of purchases I had made and able to deny the amount of time I spend watching QVC while hubby is out....

I was wrong...

I have an LCD TV, which you may think why is she mentioning that.. my husband was playing a PS3 game earlier which is quite dark and guess what you can clearly see burnt onto the screen....

The QVC "L" shape where the price and item number always is...

Boy am I in trouble....:confused:

My response was QVC sell some good televisiions - he was not impressed:rolleyes:

donna255
25-06-2008, 07:06 PM
Excuse me, but this is a clever anti thief device. Cheaper than a alarm and no poop collection like a dog. :D

susier
25-06-2008, 08:40 PM
I love this thread. I hide mine all over, and OH never notices. It's the packaging that I have to hide and dispose of when he's not around. Unfortunately he works shifts and very often takes delivery and why is it most parcels arrive together so it looks worse!:rolleyes:

margaret43
26-06-2008, 12:23 AM
I've enjoyed reading this thread, but ladies, ladies, WHY do you feel the need to hide your stuff? I just don't get it at all. :confused::confused:

PAW
26-06-2008, 05:35 AM
My OH say's if I buy anymore makeup that I don't use "I have to eat it"....

I love Laura Geller, at least that has been "Baked". ( O.K. to eat ?? ).

Snuffles
26-06-2008, 05:13 PM
My OH say's if I buy anymore makeup that I don't use "I have to eat it"....

I love Laura Geller, at least that has been "Baked". ( O.K. to eat ?? ).

:D:D:D Especially the last TSV - the baked cakes collection!!