Presenters

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

kitbag

Registered Shopper
I've put some thought into this... shopping television is, as it's name, a shop. The presenters are salespeople. I would imagine, just like the salespeople I supervise, they have targets to reach and the pressure of keeping their jobs in these difficult times. So, of course they are going to try and 'sell' their products no matter what they personally think of them! Can you just imagine... 'gaaaahhhhh! this yogurt tastes vile!' 'Oooh, this carpet is still dirty...' 'God that kaftan looks awful...'
I would never expect my staff to be negative about any of the products we sell, like them or not! At the end of the day no salesperson can force us to buy something we don't want. If we feel we have been mislead we can return our purchase.
Of course we have our favourites, I have two I love and two I switch off, just like I have favourite shops I visit and some I don't. But like'em or not, it's a job I certainly couldn't do! After seeing the Apprentice, I had no idea all that stuff was going on in their ears! Talk about pressure...

There are more stressful jobs, and nobody is making them do it. I think Debbie Shore is the only decent presenter, everyone else makes me want to throw the TV out the window

I've put some thought into this... shopping television is, as it's name, a shop. The presenters are salespeople. I would imagine, just like the salespeople I supervise, they have targets to reach and the pressure of keeping their jobs in these difficult times. So, of course they are going to try and 'sell' their products no matter what they personally think of them! Can you just imagine... 'gaaaahhhhh! this yogurt tastes vile!' 'Oooh, this carpet is still dirty...' 'God that kaftan looks awful...'
I would never expect my staff to be negative about any of the products we sell, like them or not! At the end of the day no salesperson can force us to buy something we don't want. If we feel we have been mislead we can return our purchase.
Of course we have our favourites, I have two I love and two I switch off, just like I have favourite shops I visit and some I don't. But like'em or not, it's a job I certainly couldn't do! After seeing the Apprentice, I had no idea all that stuff was going on in their ears! Talk about pressure...

Good for you, Kitbag, for pointing out that these programmes are sales programmes. I think we sometimes forget that.

I think we also sometimes forget that there are people who actually likes all the gruesome fashion and thinks the make-up must be wonderful because it's expensive.

And much as I hate the "stylish" footwear, my arthritic feet are getting to the point where they won't get into anything better:heartbroke:

It's a job I wouldn't want to do :lol: I've been offered several jobs in the past, and I just couldn't in all good conscience take them. I couldn't sell something to someone I wouldn't buy myself, so said, thanks, but no thanks.

Latest posts

Back