TJC leading the way

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Klosblue

Costs nothing to be nice!
I don't know what's happened at TJC but they've really changed recently. I remember they always sold higher price point pieces, were very staid, almost a bit stuck up imho, usually sold only gold, had a limited range of stones and took forever to sell anything! What a difference nowadays - they have some fantastic bargains (I even saw a 0.33 ct Tanzanite solitaire in silver for £16 yesterday and it had good colour too!), sell a really good range of silver pieces, sell most items fairly quickly, have a good variety of gemstones and when the likes of Derek is on you get a brilliant laugh too! Even Steve lost it with a chicken last week - you had to see it! I do miss Lee though.

Yes there are still a couple of things that would be better changed - "The Queen of Sparkle" telling everyone that Emeralds MUST have inclusions because they're better if they do and that Rubies must be "Gloopy" and the fact that their CS never seem to answer the phone and work different hours than what the voicemail says, but all in all imho they are far superior than the rest of the TV jewellery channels. They still maintain their higher price point pieces and are the only channel I would buy Tanzanite, Columbian Emeralds etc from as they appear to me to be of a superior quality than the others. Take their Paraiba Tourmaline for example - while the rest are trying to sell wishy washy junk at exhorbitant prices, TJC are selling fabulous coloured stones at very good prices. They are also a lot more honest in their sales info and tell everyone when the coloured diamonds are heated or the Topaz is coated etc. They're now having a lot of Loose Gemstone shows too which can only be good.

All in all, I think TJC have got it right and are imho miles ahead of the rest.

I couldn't agree more i've always been a big fan of TJC and imo they are going from strength to strength and good luck to them, as for your comment on their paraiba tourmaline how right you are i can't believe how much the other channels are TRYING to sell them for and the quality imo is very poor!

I completely agree,at one time I couldn't watch as they took so long to auction each piece,but now they have really got it right.I bought a silver 7ct multi sapphire bracelet for £49 this week and it's lovely,this is what people want in a recession,a bit of bling at reasonable prices. As you rightly say Klosblue their paraiba,Colombian emerald and tanzy definitly looks the best,much classier finish than Gems and Rocksandco.

TJC is the only channel I buy from, quality always guaranteed at great prices, unlike the trouble I have had with other jewellery channels

I totally agree too, they really seem to have got their act together lately. Altho they sell a lot of what I call 'bread and butter' stuff eg gift sets, basic earrings, pearls etc that don't really interest me, almost every day I see something I love. (Hastening to add that I USUALLY manage to restrain myself!)

I love their green paraiba. The stuff on Rocks & Co looks really poor in comparison, almost colourless - you might as well buy aquamarine or topaz. But tjc have had some lovely paraiba... just last week there was a ring so gorgeous that I couldn't believe no one had grabbed it, and I was sooo tempted - I actually picked up the phone, only for someone else to snatch it and thus I was saved from spending £799! Yup, it's a lot of money - but this was a 2ct, bright green paraiba. Later, I saw a ring with a small, pale blue stone sell on Rocks for £1200... H'm.

Nannie A, I saw the sapphire bracelet and it looked lovely. I actually treated myself to a bracelet with green apatite and tanzanite, again for £49. It came yesterday and it's so, so pretty - even the little tanz stones are a good colour. Well made, too. Oh, and now I see they've started offering affordable alexandrite, too!

They've really got it right, offering good quality affordable sparklies. And the high-end stuff seems priced realistically... like I say, if you compare their beautiful £799 paraiba with Rock's pallid £1200 offering, it's a no-brainer...

I do agree with you Klos. I should come clean and admit that I bought the loose tanzy from Meesh's WOW thread. It arrived today, and it really is beautiful - not too big and I also bought a ring with the same shaped stone, although a lot smaller (2.75cts with 0.25 cts diamonds). The tanzanite in the ring is also gorgeous, but it doesn't have an IGI certificate. I've tried to take photos, but they really don't do them justice. The last photo is with the 6.5ct loose tanzy I bought from Gems when Don was over on his very last visit, just for comparison. Apologies for the greasy fingerprints on the stones!

Attachments

• DSCN4551.jpg
    DSCN4551.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 240
  • DSCN4554.jpg
    DSCN4554.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 240
  • DSCN4582.jpg
    DSCN4582.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 227
  • DSCN4599.jpg
    DSCN4599.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 235
  • DSCN4617.jpg
    DSCN4617.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 255
I bought a silver 7ct multi sapphire bracelet for £49 this week and it's lovely,this is what people want in a recession,a bit of bling at reasonable prices.

I saw it nannieA it was lovely and what a bargain! Unfortunately I only need a 7" bracelet so they are always too big but I wish I'd bought it and got some links taken out. Being a tight Scot I usually feel it's a waste of money having to lose part of a bracelet but to be honest that's really stupid when it comes to TJC as their bracelets are brilliantly priced! I'll have to find out what it would cost me to have them adjusted. Well done you though!

I love their green paraiba. The stuff on Rocks & Co looks really poor in comparison, almost colourless - you might as well buy aquamarine or topaz. But tjc have had some lovely paraiba... just last week there was a ring so gorgeous that I couldn't believe no one had grabbed it, and I was sooo tempted - I actually picked up the phone, only for someone else to snatch it and thus I was saved from spending £799! Yup, it's a lot of money - but this was a 2ct, bright green paraiba. Later, I saw a ring with a small, pale blue stone sell on Rocks for £1200... H'm.

Couldn't agree more RubyRose. I love mine - the colour and glow of the stone is fab and I jokingly call it my Kryptonite! It almost goes against the Trades Description Act calling what the other 2 channels sell Paraiba!!

I do agree with you Klos. I should come clean and admit that I bought the loose tanzy from Meesh's WOW thread. It arrived today, and it really is beautiful - not too big and I also bought a ring with the same shaped stone, although a lot smaller (2.75cts with 0.25 cts diamonds). The tanzanite in the ring is also gorgeous, but it doesn't have an IGI certificate. I've tried to take photos, but they really don't do them justice. The last photo is with the 6.5ct loose tanzy I bought from Gems when Don was over on his very last visit, just for comparison. Apologies for the greasy fingerprints on the stones!

Wow, wow, wow!! I am soooo green with envy Jacqualina! I would love a really nice Tanzanite and would only buy from TJC. I've seen a lot that I like but unfortunately the builders are still getting most of my hard earned cash just now so I need to wait, but one of these days.........! What are you going to do with your loose stone? By the way, a ring like yours is exactly what I'd like - I love it!

Last edited:
Beautiful blues........

Many congratulations Jacqualina on your wonderful purchases. Both Tanzy stones are beautiful, I think I may have seen your ring
as I recall admiring the cushion cut and also the round nosed prongs. It occurred to me that the stone was very securely and attractively set.......and then there are those lush diamonds! The depth of colour is superb, you could lose yourself in those blues.....yum!

Thanks everyone, I am very pleased with the tanzanites. I think I'll have the loose stone set to match up with the ring, so it will be in yellow gold with maybe three little diamonds on the bale.
Klos, they might well have made more than one ring, so if you want the item number just let me know.

Thanks everyone, I am very pleased with the tanzanites. I think I'll have the loose stone set to match up with the ring, so it will be in yellow gold with maybe three little diamonds on the bale.
Klos, they might well have made more than one ring, so if you want the item number just let me know.

Oh I wish!! If I could afford it I'd be on the phone right now Jacqualina but my builders very kindly (not!!) advised me yesterday that I need to fork out another £1400 to replace part of my roof and that's on top of the £3500 I still have to pay them when they're finished the other work! If my lottery numbers come up tomorrow night though...........................!

Gahh! Think of the Tanzanite you could have bought with that £4900!

Those are lovely, lovely stones, Jacqualina. Thank you for sharing the piccies.

KB - I totally agree with you. I fell out of love with TJC when they did some ridiculous price hikes a couple of years ago but things seemed to have evened out a bit and apart from some of their Rhapsody bits the prices are pretty competitive. I also agree that the quality of their gemstones knocks spots off their competitors at the moment. They've had some breathtaking pieces. Just a shame that the self proclaimed Queen of Sparkle is still given air time.

Jacqualina - I'm so glad you love your new Tanzies. The ring looks lovely and the loose stone is gorgeous. It's difficult to photograph Tanzy accurately so I can imagine how lovely it looks IRL. Just a word of caution on the loose stone ....... is it deep? It doesn't face up too big so I suspect it's got a fat bottom!!!! If so and you set it as a pendant, make sure that the design is such that the Tanzy doesn't flip from side to side. This is a common problem with deep gemstones but a great design will sort it out.

Meesh, you are spot on as usual. The stone is quite deep, it doesn't look that big compared to the Gems loose stone, does it? I shall certainly discuss this with the jeweller when I have it set - many thanks for the invaluable advice, also as usual!

Klos, I feel for you with the builders. I think they must eat money with their tea instead of biscuits (or perhaps that should be as well as biscuits!) You must be looking forward so much to getting your house back to yourselves. Hope the end is in sight.

TJC have had some fab pieces on today and even Chloe hasn't got on my nerves....I didn't hear one mention of fookin Bond St!! :SUE: I like the fast pace of the auctions too. :up2: :pPC:

sumptuous stuff on display there, just magnificent.

i love the sound of an apatite and tanzy bracelet - I love that colour combo and have such coloured items dotted around the house and so would adore such a bracelet. One day, when funds allow, hopefully before am collecting me pension!

Latest posts

Back