Pick of the Day 20/06

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Jabbathehut

Addicted to Mulberry
OH and I have just purchased a greenhouse and are very interested in the potato pod POTD.

Having not shopped with IW before and hearing that their delivery is carp. IS it worth our while ordering this ?

I bought the earlier version of this and it was quite slow in coming,but there was a letter of apology included and two free packets of mixed salad leaves as compensation.The potato plants are enormous by now and nearly ready for cropping---can't wait to see how much they have produced. I've just ordered the latest second-cropping version for my daughter.

It's £19.99 on the gardenbargains.com website too, plus their P&P is only £4.95.
Don't know if they are anything to do with IW as they are also based in Peterborough.

It's £19.99 on the gardenbargains.com website too, plus their P&P is only £4.95.
Don't know if they are anything to do with IW as they are also based in Peterborough.

It's the same company, Gardenbargains.com is Ideal World, you will see lots of adverts in newspapers.

With IW you get the fertilizer included in the package. Normally IW are about £5 cheaper the Gardenbargains.com.

GardenBargains Potatoes

I noticed your post and wanted to reassure you that the potatoes are a great deal - the ones that were on offer over the alst weekend are the 2nd Cropping type - so you plant them now and crop through the autumn.
The delivery is pretty much always within 10-14 days.

PS - If you do go for them, you will not need to grow them in your greeenhouse - they will de best outdoors!

It's not the delivery that's carp, it's the time IW take to PROCESS the orders that's the problem :wait2:

Your right with this. I think IW because they have 3 channels wait and collate all the orders before passing them on.

I am sure they said that they only ship the plant Mon/Tue so that the plants are not sitting in a van or depot over the weekend.

So if you order Monday, IW may wait until the program has been repeated on all the other cannels before passing it onto the supplier, this could be Friday, then despatched early the following week for delivery Thu/Fri (10 days).

If you are unlucky it can be a week later.

The moral of the story is. Order later in the week and not at the beginning of the week.

Latest posts

Back