Suggestions for a Couple of Improvements

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Klosblue

Costs nothing to be nice!
Having been singing the praises of TJC of late, if someone from the channel reads this can I please suggest a couple of wee improvements?

1. Whilst the website is much improved, the details are still both sketchy and often incorrect. For example :- https://www.thejewellerychannel.tv/popups/viewdetail.aspx?StockCode=235198
Now I know I'm getting on a bit and the old eyesight isn't what it used to be but I don't think anyone could mistake that Tanzanite & Pink Sapphire ring for a Ruby and Diamond one!!

2. The channel sells a lot of bracelets at very competitive prices however it can be very difficult to find out the length. Occasionally it's mentioned by the presenter but it's never on the web details. Can you please put the length both on screen with the details and on the web please?

Thank you.

Another thing with the new improved website is it logs me out after 30 seconds!
And why do they feel the need to over price the items in their shop (some high end items are hundreds of pounds higher), if they priced them at the same price that sold at on air they would sell alot more.

Another thing with the new improved website is it logs me out after 30 seconds!
And why do they feel the need to over price the items in their shop (some high end items are hundreds of pounds higher), if they priced them at the same price that sold at on air they would sell alot more.

Hi Gemcherub :wave2:
All of the TV jewellery channels do that for some unknown reason! Even Rocks TV do it by pricing their items on the Colored Rocks website higher. Very strange - I'd love to know their thinking/strategy behind that. Maybe they think that if someone sees something they like in their web shop then see it on TV much cheaper they'll jump in and buy it thinking they've got a bargain although if they priced the web shops the same as the TV then they'd probably sell a lot more anyway!

One thing that drives me mad is the all day events under £100 day, diamond day, emerald day and tanzanite day! why all day it totally alienates people i for one don't even flick on if its tanzanite or under £100!

Not so bothered about tanzanite/diamond day etc etc..........but I think under £100 day is absolute genius on TJC's part,especially in these tough economic times:clapping:

I agree with Klos.......TJC seem to be responding to the customers more than the other channels(Rockstv not included).With R&C's extortionate citrines,GTV flogging garnet rings for £99,yet on TJC today(on the smidgen that I saw) decent carat weights of aquamarine rings in gold for £79 and emerald and diamond rings for similar........they are providing the masses with decent quality budget pieces whilst also still spanking the backsides of others on their premium ranges too.

They offer something for all purses..................now if their website was to improve..................................................:wink2:

I think the under £100, £200 or even under £50 days/hours/ segments are great....at least if you tune in with £100 to spend you know there will be something within your budget rather than watching randomly and being disappointed. It would be nice to see more info on gem weights/gold weights shown on screen.

S P E L L I N G

For example:-

Marquee = a large tent
Marquise = navette cut used in jewellery

Last time I looked TJC didn't sell tents but that's not what their TV captions say!

Paraibe or Pariabe = not a term I know
Paraiba = a location in Brazil where certain gemstones are found

There are so many spelling errors I could fill pages with them. It looks totally and utterly unprofessional. TJC have known about this since they started and have had feedback so many times but still it's not been put right :taphead:

To add my two cents worth -

It would be useful if the tracking option on the website gave you the item number that goes with the order number. Or give us an order history that has all web bids and telephone bids listed for your account (unless this already exists and I just havn't found it yet?).

You only get an email if you order on the web, which handily gives the detail of the order, but if you order via telephone, you just get an order number. It would be great if an email confirmation could be sent when ordering on the phone.

Postage - the website mentions a sliding scale of postage depending on how many items are ordered within the day, however, I cannot find any details on what that would be. Having just ordered two items, via the web, within 20mins of each other and been charged two postage charges on checkout, I am waiting with interest to see if the 'sliding' scale comes into effect reducing or even removing the second charge. Actually, it would be better if the ordering system gave you the chance to add to your previous order within the same day (a la RocksTV), removing the need to retype your delivery and CC details (most annoying :sad:)

Other than that, totally agree with the praise singing - its possible to find something for all budgets, have seen some real bargains recently and have been tempted several times now (hence the need for item details :cheeky:). Can't wait for the first order to turn up later this week......

Latest posts

Back