Start, Stop, Keep

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Klosblue

Costs nothing to be nice!
Ok you are being given some Gems TV Power
fantasy-02.gif

You can have your say on the following:-

1. What would you like to see Gems TV start doing?

2. What would you like to see Gems TV stop doing?

3. What about Gems TV would you like to see stay the same?

I would use my Power like this:-

1. I would like to see them start selling matching pendants more often. I have quite a few rings and can't get the same stone in the same metal on Gems TV to go with the pendants .

2. I would like them to stop Adina saying "Look at that" 50 times in every game! PLEASE STOP!!!!!!!
unhappy-060.GIF

3. I would like their games to stay the same and not end up like "the other side" with timers etc.

So what would you like?

I would like them to Start stating the clarity of the stones used and not just with diamonds.:(

I would like Adina & Lynn to stop saying "at gems television" 20 times every game.:rolleyes:

I agree with Klos that the games should stay untimed, not like the other bunch.:)

Since the website change, I haven't really been very involved, but I'll try.

Start doing - improving items on the website. It's AWFUL. Apart from the dreadful website itself, the items are same old, same old. I truly think GTV are trying to kill off web buyers. They've certainly succeeded with me. I also think they should sell off the tired old items that they're recirculating all the time.

Stop doing - CHEAP AND NASTY. In the past GTV could be relied on to provide pretty and unique items. They're few & far between now.

Stay the same - Nothing. They've gone backwards so much. At one point, I'd have said CS, but they're pretty abysmal now.

I've also discovered that QVC can be reached through a cashback website. I haven't found that GTV can.

Sorry, but I haven't had many positive dealings recently. Nor have I bought anything for many months.

Meggie

START - sorting out the website
STOP - logging me out all the time
KEEP - Lynn, Angeline, Nick, Fiona, Ruth and Emma

Start - Again -sorting out the website for firefox :mad:
Stop - Selling so much cheap looking silver junk :eek:
Keep - Apart from some of the old presenters NOTHING! :p

STOP the timed games
STOP using DPD for delivery, I miss my CL man
STOP using crappy boxes for the jewellery bring back the Gems boxes
START bringing some more items other than topaz
START using something other than silver
KEEP Craig, Rod, Scott, Lyn, Fiona, Nick, Matt,
BRING BACK STEVE A
There, I think I said it all, but if I think of any more i SHALL BE BACK !!! :p

Start - Selling more white gold and matching pendants/earrings

Start - Having better prices if buying by personal shopper - go back to fairer
way of last price sold or average (not highest ever!)

Stop - excluding web buyers buy putting in only 1 or 2 items in a game
which they seem to be doing regulary at the moment

Stop - Selling so much silver and topaz

Keep - Certain presenters that don't oversell items (please can a certain presenter STOP saying 'look at that' on every item she presents)

Start focusing more intently on the items being sold, less on the presenter, plus 3D presentations of the item and proper measuring of bracelets early in the presentation (7.5" + clasp does not always add up to 8") preferably detailed on screen. Ditto measurements of necklaces.

Stop babbling and gabbling at speed, trying to get words out like it's a speed competition. Lovely clear concise diction like Lynn and Nick please.

Keep and build on the fun element seems to have been creeping back into shows I've seen of late. Things had become a bit serious since the "new studio set" went live. The fun is what has set GTV apart from other channels selling jewellery and made for more of a family feel and less of a hard sell environment. Much more relaxed and likely to draw in punters.

Start focusing more intently on the items being sold, less on the presenter, plus 3D presentations of the item and proper measuring of bracelets early in the presentation (7.5" + clasp does not always add up to 8") preferably detailed on screen. Ditto measurements of necklaces.

Stop babbling and gabbling at speed, trying to get words out like it's a speed competition. Lovely clear concise diction like Lynn and Nick please.

Keep and build on the fun element seems to have been creeping back into shows I've seen of late. Things had become a bit serious since the "new studio set" went live. The fun is what has set GTV apart from other channels selling jewellery and made for more of a family feel and less of a hard sell environment. Much more relaxed and likely to draw in punters.

Well said Sammi, I agree with all your points. I suspect the fun element was frowned upon by head office. They want to sell more and perhaps British humour and a fun environment was not well understood or accepted. In Asia, business time is business time and fun is separate. They do have fun after work but they don't tolerate larking about in work hours. So, perhaps just a cultural difference but I agree with you that the fun was what set Gems apart and kept us watching and buying.

I totally agree about the focussing too much on the presenters. The number of times I have called OH in to take a look at something and sods law is, when he comes to look, it is the presenter in shot. He waits for a while but gets bored and goes away. The number of times I have lost out on treats!! ;)

Start: setting their jewellery with decent accent stones and not next to tiny, poor quality diamonds, white topaz or white sapphire :mad: more simple, contemporary designs with quality solitaire gems.

Stop: trying to flog that ex-demo alexandrite bracelet and the over priced earrings which has been doing the rounds for years :D.

Stay: providing unnusual, affordable gems :).

Stop:
Tempting me with yet another new ring, when I've just promised my husband "this is my last purchase for a while":D

Start:
Saying a little bit about the treatment of the stones. I appreciate it is in the book and on the website, but I still get confused sometimes exactly what has been done to a stone. I don't mind enhancements but like to know what exactly has been done. For example just heated or irradiated.
I bought some swiss blue, and a blue diamond both which I know have been irradiated, but like to be reassured it's a safe process etc.

Keep:
The falling auction games, and bringing unusual stones that you rarely see elsewhere.

All excellent points made above and to add mine to this list:-

START
Reducing prices of stuff circulating on the web auctions, some items
have been there for ages and if they haven't sold by now....they never will!

STOP
Discriminating against FIREFOX users, get the website working properly and fully!

KEEP
Those damned cameras still. Far too much panning and zooming makes viewing uncomfortable.
We tune in to see the jewellery and not to be subjected to fancy footwork by the camera guys.

Latest posts

Back