Stylees

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

persianglitter

Fire up the Quattro!
Has anyone bought a stylee? I would like to have your opinion if you have, as I was watching a presentation on them the other day, and was so tempted, especially with the beaded one - the purple caught my eye. I just wondered if they actually do stay in your hair, I have very fine curly hair, and would love to use something different in it other than hairband and clips. I would just like to know before i buy, as i have read up on the ped eggs - they seemed like a good idea - until i read the feed back lol thanks :flower:

I've got one and have very long hair and it works brilliantly, it never moves and holds my hair very securely, I also use it when I have a bath to keep my hair dry I just twist my hair then roll it round put the Stylee over the rolled up hair and it holds it very firmly.

I have the plain fabric ones , i buy direct. I have fine hair and need o wear it off my face for work and they work well.

Well I have had different experiences Im afraid. The damn things will either keep my hair up all day, OR fall out in 3 seconds and I cant get them in all day??? I have no idea what I am doing differently each time to get a hit or a miss either. I do have massively long and thick hair though so maybe Im just pushing my luck? They are sooooo uncomfortable to sleep or lie on though so dont try that.

I bought mine from Ebay, same woman who comes on IW but you WILL get yours and there is usually a better selection on Ebay and better postage if I remember rightly.

Sorry to be negative at all, when they do work they are great, really, like I said, maybe my hair is just taking the pass hehe.

We have bought quite a few over the years and they are very good. They look nice, they are well made and none have ever fallen apart. I think you will be pleased with the different styles you will achieve.

I love them too!! Bought mine years ago when i had longer hair.
Now I've got a graduated bob short at the back, I can't really wear them without them looking odd, but they are great for keeping my hair out the way if I'm doing housework/bath/swimming.

If your hair is long enough I think they look very classy and I used to wear them out a lot.

They're brilliant...however, at Camden Market a couple of years ago, I came across a stall selling a South African manufactured version of them with metal combs, they were all jewelled with beads on elastic as opposed to fabric, and they were really beautiful. They were a lot dearer at £20 each, and sadly could only afford to buy one. It's still going strong, but I want some more, but can't get them anywhere now. Went back to camden, and they were selling a similar thing but the combs were tiny and were totally unsuitable for my long thick hair. Stylees are pretty good though!

If I can't face washing my hair, I stick it up in a Stylee, they're fab. Buy direct or they have an eBay store.

They're brilliant...however, at Camden Market a couple of years ago, I came across a stall selling a South African manufactured version of them with metal combs, they were all jewelled with beads on elastic as opposed to fabric, and they were really beautiful. They were a lot dearer at £20 each, and sadly could only afford to buy one. It's still going strong, but I want some more, but can't get them anywhere now. Went back to camden, and they were selling a similar thing but the combs were tiny and were totally unsuitable for my long thick hair. Stylees are pretty good though!

not quite as you described, but i've got this site bookmarked for a future purchase (or 2!). :angel:

I wasn't sure when I first tried these. I think you have to find the right tension otherwise it's a bit uncomfortable.

However, I'm now the proud owner of a few and could be tempted by the beaded ones. I buy mine from the ebay store and they are very efficient.

:sleepy:

I bought a couple many years ago from QVC and they are still going strong. My main use for them is either sitting out sunbathing or having a bath (where they come in useful as a head cushion when leaning back having a read!). My hair is shoulder length, straight and very fine and I have no problems at all in keeping them in.

You also mentioned the Ped Egg. I bought a Ped Egg recently from Ebay for about £2.99 inclusive of p&p and it works fine.

I wasn't sure when I first tried these. I think you have to find the right tension otherwise it's a bit uncomfortable.

However, I'm now the proud owner of a few and could be tempted by the beaded ones. I buy mine from the ebay store and they are very efficient.

:sleepy:

Yes, they do dig in if you don't get the positioning right - but I suppose that would come with practice. I don't use mine anymore as my hair is now short but they certainly were handy & more stylish than loads of hairpins/slides.

I have seen those 'african' ones on sale at agricultural shows for about £20-25 each but I must admit whenever I have seen one being worn they do look lovely

I have three stylees; a black velvet one, a black satin one and a lovely brown beaded one.

I love them all and wear them on holiday. They are so comfortable to wear, but as others have said you do have to get the tension and the positioning correct otherwise they can hurt or fall out.

I have short hair and don't have problems keeping my hair up.

bump on a recent thread...

i've just got one of these off ebay, it's very pretty BUT definitely not in the same league as a 'proper' stylee!

compared to the original, the combs are only 2/3rds the size & for my thick hair, it doesn't stand a chance when trying to use for putting all my hair up. it's ok for only part being put up & does look very pretty tho'.

back to Stylee for me :)

Last edited:
bump on a recent thread...

i've just got one of these off ebay, it's very pretty BUT definitely not in the same league as a 'proper' stylee!

compared to the original, the combs are only 2/3rds the size & for my thick hair, it doesn't stand a chance when trying to use for putting all my hair up. it's ok for only part being put up & does look very pretty tho'.

back to Stylee for me :)

Yes, I've tried those, and as pretty as they are they are next to useless as the combs are waaaay too small in every way, I can't see that they'd be any good for anything other than children's very fine hair. If only I could find an outlet for up-itz, they're made in South Africa, and the combs are very large and very sturdy 'cos they're made from metal, they knocks spots of stylees, but stylees are good enough!

When my hair was a bit longer I used Stylees a lot, particularly at work. I also bought some EZ Combs in America, but found them to be a bit shoddily made and not nearly as good. The EZ combs are similar to the things Lexxy linked to above, with beads threaded on stretch nylon thread. I found that the threads stretched and broke with extended use. The Stylee appears to be made with strong knicker elastic threaded through the ribbons!

I also saw some on a market stall, again similar to Lexxy's, made in China, and I bought a couple of really pretty ornate glittery bead ones to wear if I need to put my hair up for an evening out, but since I've had it cut a bit shorter now, I've not tried them yet.

Addendum: I just dug out my old black velvet Stylee, and even with my now-jaw-length hair, it works just fine.

Latest posts

Back