vintage glamour collection

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

borednow

Registered Shopper
i just saw an email from gems hawking their 'proudly presented' vintage glamour collection. i eagerly clicked on the link hoping to see something new and different. i did. in fact i would go so far as to say 'i clicked, i saw, i gypped'

Vintage glamour? more like old tat.

faux pearls, gold plate and austrian crystals. in other words costume jewellery. at prices that are rather steep to say the least.

I know the price of gold has risen over the past year or so, i realise that nothing stays the same but when i think of the things i have bought a year ago compared to this collection of market stall rubbish all i can think is that gems is seriously taking the michael. this goes beyond 'hidden treasures' into a whole new level of jewellery hell. the daemons must be nipping at their ankles now

I agree, borednow - this stuff is awful.

I love vintage looks, and am an avid collector of the truly wonderful Victoria collection (which in fact got me into Gems in the first place), but there's nothing "vintage" about this lot - it's just tacky junk. Oh, well.

i agree miss, vintage designs can be beautiful and can be tasteful. what a shame the gems designers didnt realise that lol

I just had a look at their new "Vintage" collection. Tat is definitely the right description Borednow! I cannot believe these people - for years they've criticised and ridiculed the prices charged on the High Street for costume jewellery and then they go and start selling it themselves! Have you seen some of the prices they're charging for gold plate and crystals!! Pathetic!

i remember the spiel about 'this is the price for bijoux jewellery on the high street but here you are getting solid gold and and 5 ct of amethyst! blah di blah di blah'
i wonder if they will have the neck to keep using those lines now that they have started selling this rubbish. the answer i am sure is 'yes' because i doubt if gems has updated their 'hawking for the loud, gushing and sighing' training manual lol

OMG - pass the sick bucket someone. Would anyone pay those prices?

OMG - pass the sick bucket someone. Would anyone pay those prices?

or go fo those designs. Not so much vintage as plain out of date! M aybe we won't get them on the telly after all. At least two planned programmes did not happen last weekend, and no more VTs for ages, so perhaps it has fallen through somehow. xxx

Look out girls, get out yer hardhats and find a place to hide. Its rescheduled for 9.00 p.m. Saturday. I shall keep an open mind and possibly go window shopping out of curiosity. xxx

Look out girls, get out yer hardhats and find a place to hide. Its rescheduled for 9.00 p.m. Saturday. I shall keep an open mind and possibly go window shopping out of curiosity. xxx

Hardhat ready

construc.gif

Latest posts

Back