Talk about flogging a dead horse

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

persianglitter

Fire up the Quattro!
I have just witnessed (2pm today) Matt attempting to sell an 14kt yellow gold 6.750 ct of Emerald and Diamond necklace - Starting at an "AMAZING" price of £1999.00!! and there is only ONE of these necklances!!and Matt asking the viewers to think back to that last special occassion that we had to attend, a daughter's wedding, a granddaughter's wedding, some special occassion anniversary/birthday and what would it have been like if we had worn this necklace? Good Grief, he was scrapping the barrel for occassions that a viewer would give their left hand to wear this necklace! he even got one of the floor crew girls to model it!!! Still no takers - dropped down to £1799.00! more over exagarated demands as to why YOU must have it, and why YOU must buy this necklance! still no one nibbled his bait, and with GT dramatics the price was dropped to £1689.00 and still no one bought or snatched it!! apparently there was a few people on the line - and GT would hold the price!
I have never seen a dead horse so overly flogged before on GT before! this goes beyond all flabbergastations, and I can only say Matt you may think that the price of £1689.00 is a bargain, and there is ONE and ONE only, but me personally, I am just not sure about the colour - i dont like green! lol :tongue2: and iam not a millionairess, although i do wish lol x

All channels should impose a moratorium on any presenter using the word "only" in relation to any price over £1,000 - certainly there is a market for these high-end items, but saying that a piece of jewellery costs "only" £1,000 is just daft.

Lynn deals with these no sales a lot better. She says something like "oh well never mind the right person for it wasn't watching" which is actually much nearer the truth but doesn't make it sound like a dud. It's much more gracious to accept a no sale rather than patronise and treat us like fools. A no sale doesn't have to do any image damage, but the pathetic fibs do! xxx

I missed this item..... drat, I'm a soft touch for emeralds!.....but I saw a very pretty necklace the other day, ruby and diamond , which was very lovely, but with a stated length of only 15 and a half inches, I would pretty much be strangled wearing it.
If the emerald necklace was that short (and I'm only a little bit tubby, I'll have you know!!) then it doesn't matter that I missed ot co's it wouldn't fit me !! Grrrr!

I missed this item..... drat, I'm a soft touch for emeralds!.....but I saw a very pretty necklace the other day, ruby and diamond , which was very lovely, but with a stated length of only 15 and a half inches, I would pretty much be strangled wearing it.
If the emerald necklace was that short (and I'm only a little bit tubby, I'll have you know!!) then it doesn't matter that I missed ot co's it wouldn't fit me !! Grrrr!

Mathilda, i know where you are coming from, as i have that problem too, 18" would do me fine, but less and it is uncomfortably tight, and i wouldnt class it as a necklace then, choker comes to mind! lol :eek:

I saw that necklace and although it was gorge i dont think many people have that kind of money just sitting there (i for one sure as hell dont...unfortunately lol ) but i did have to turn over i was cringing for poor matt so i didnt see what the final price was maybe gems could do a bit of market research and sell things viewers will actually tune in and buy, or find out why no-one wants to buy from them anymore, i havent ordered for about 18months, much to the relief of my cc lol

Latest posts

Back