Dear Gems

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

argeybargey

Retired - Don't Quite Fit
Now I know for sure you read the forum, since Rae mentioned that "our regular buyers have posted on forums to say how much they love this design" at the time when I was buying the pendant in my thread "I'm so weak". I had by then already posted how I loved the ring.

I'm sure at least most of us understand that you may need to diversify during these financially tough times, but can we please keep an element of "class" about it. "Class" is how we conduct ourselves and is having self-confidence with just a decent amount of pride. It's not plastic pearls and screeching presenters. Today's Saddler bags were terrific. I missed the first half but, from what I did see, they sold well too.

Of all the things, I've been most unhappy about over the last few months, the presenting style wins hands down. Although the new presenters are the worst, this is probably because they've been "trained" from scratch. I wouldn't want anyone to lose their job, but this method of selling is driving us away in droves. Can we please return to natural humour, honesty about gemstones, minimal stock and poor phrases and presenting which isn't patronising or aurally abusive. I am deeply offended by someone with no clue trying to teach me about anything at all. Taking the dictionary and reading off a string of words the meaning of which the presenter hasn't fully grasped (one in particular is guilty of this) is a crime to the English language.

We want to see the jewellery (or whatever) far more than the presenters on the whole and no amount of screeching and pushing is going to change that. Quite the opposite in fact as we're more likely to turn over to the competition which wouldn't be serious if you didn't allow.

I've seen some really nice designs again lately, and customer services has returned to its excellent self. I'd like to take the opportunity of thanking John for his recent kind and useful assistance to me.

This may sound like an arrogant post but its difficult to make a point in cold print. I do not wish to, nor could I, begin to tell you how to run your business, but I am a long-term steady customer and, as such, can only explain what I do/don't want from you.

We can't turn the clock back but please lend an ear and consideration to us, your customers, we don't want to lose you so please don't drive us away.

Argey
(full name and details available, if required, by private message)

:clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping:

Well said Argey.

I it is about time they got back to the usual presenting style and the products that would keep us entertained for hours.

I used to watch all the time, sometimes for background sound as I was busy but I haven't been tempted to buy from them in a long time let alone watch for more than a passing glance.

I personally think that whoever is now in charge of hiring the new presenters should be booted as far away from Redditch as possible. They have no idea about what the customer wants to see on screen.

:clapping::clapping: AB well said. I agree with what you say 100 per cent, it is well past the time that GT listened to the customer properly, and not give the customer what GT think that we want! xxx

I personally think that whoever is now in charge of hiring the new presenters should be booted as far away from Redditch as possible. They have no idea about what the customer wants to see on screen.

I wanna see a big hulking naked guy, do you think they would do that?

I actually have no idea who the new presenters are - and I never thought there'd come a time when I would say that.

I haven't stopped buying (well hell hasn't frozen over yet!) - I just spend my money elsewhere.

Latest posts

Back