email received headed forgotton password

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

sugarplum

Registered Shopper
Just received an email from Ideal world Headed Forgotton Password stating that "to maximise account security" I should log in immediately and change my password but I hadnt forgotton my origianl one nor have I asked them to provide my with my password after forgetting it! Has anyone had something similar as its a bit worrying

Sugarplum: I would regard such an email as VERY suspicious... it is exactly the type one gets from all sorts of spammers/ fraudsters.........DON'T reply to it by email, or click on any link in it. PHONE IW customer services to check if there really is a problem.... better safe than sorry with anything like this!

That sounds like a phishing mail - one to try and get your password and personal details.

Don't respond to it, and don't click any links in it either.

No company will ask you for personal information like that.

It also doesn't make sense - if you'd forgotten your password (as they say) how on earth would you be able to log in to "change" it??? :thinking2:

If the email contains a link for you to follow, hover over it Sugarplum and in the grey bar at the bottom, it should show you the true hyperlink address. I get lots of 'bank password' emails and the link usually shows that it is a bogus email. In any case, I wouldnt follow the link but go to the IW web page via google or whatever and email them from their contact me page asking what its all about. You could try phoning but from what I understand, IW CS arent very good but it sounds fraudulent to me.

Bet x

it is a phishing email SP. people who fall victim are put on a 'suckers' list' (i am not kidding) and are targeted by other fraudsters. please avoid and contact the co directly. xxx

The weird thing is that the email very clearly gives my username and password so whoeversent it already knows it! It states "your username and password are used to login on line and intouch please keep them safe" and them lists them it goes on to say"you may wish to print the details out for future reference" . Also there is no link in the email other than a cs email address. Odd. I certainly wont be replying to it as I am used to fishing emails and always delete was just curious is anyone else had had something similar

Delete e-mails like this on sight, it just isnt worth the risk. If I do not know who a mail is from, I delete it.

Ignore it, if it's genuine they'll contact you again by another medium, be it phone or snail mail......with you saying it states your loggin details don't go near your account for a few days as it's more than likely got a keylogger attached to it, don't panic it's nothing to worry about, they are usually timed to last 12hrs, 24hrs or 36hrs, after that the scammer moves on as it registers as an inactive account.... just do a system scan with your anti virus software.

The weird thing is that the email very clearly gives my username and password so whoeversent it already knows it! It states "your username and password are used to login on line and intouch please keep them safe" and them lists them it goes on to say"you may wish to print the details out for future reference" . Also there is no link in the email other than a cs email address. Odd. I certainly wont be replying to it as I am used to fishing emails and always delete was just curious is anyone else had had something similar

So the email states your actual password?

This is odd....

Do you know how to viow headers from your email? If you can post a copy of them here (edit out your actual email address) then I can probably tell you if it's authentic or not.

I would also advise you login to your account (not using the link in the mail) and change your password.

VERY FISHY.....

Latest posts

Back