Customer Services - a cry for help

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

wellInever

Registered Shopper
Hi again, I've re-registered on here after a long absence in order to ask you lovely people your advice.

On 7 July I was watching a Tayberry show and decided to order online a nautical striped top (151 120 which was being modelled by Sheila and described as great value by Dennice) price shown as £7.99, yet on the website the price came up as £12.99, so I logged off and waited to check the review at the end of the show - but this top was not included. I emailed Customer Services saying surely they would have to honour the price shown on screen and asked them to clarify. I quickly received an automated holding email saying I would have a response in 7 days. On 14 July I received a 'Reply from Marina Worsdall' stating 'Your message to Customer Services sent 7 July was deleted without being read on 14 July 9.57'.

Now what would you do -

a) scream
b) contact Marina Worsdall
c) scream
d) contact Ideal World management
e) scream
f) contact ?Advertising Standards Authority ?Trading Standards ?Ofcom
g) scream
h) just never order from Ideal World again
i) scream, lie down in a darkened room and forget it

All replies will be gratefully received.

Did you record the show so you could get a screen grab of the item number and price together on screen? if so you might have a case for complaint...if not, I'm afraid the weird and wonderful world that is I/W has struck again!

**** way of treating peoples emails :angry:

Hi again, I've re-registered on here after a long absence in order to ask you lovely people your advice.

On 7 July I was watching a Tayberry show and decided to order online a nautical striped top (151 120 which was being modelled by Sheila and described as great value by Dennice) price shown as £7.99, yet on the website the price came up as £12.99, so I logged off and waited to check the review at the end of the show - but this top was not included. I emailed Customer Services saying surely they would have to honour the price shown on screen and asked them to clarify. I quickly received an automated holding email saying I would have a response in 7 days. On 14 July I received a 'Reply from Marina Worsdall' stating 'Your message to Customer Services sent 7 July was deleted without being read on 14 July 9.57'.

Now what would you do -

a) scream
b) contact Marina Worsdall
c) scream
d) contact Ideal World management
e) scream
f) contact ?Advertising Standards Authority ?Trading Standards ?Ofcom
g) scream
h) just never order from Ideal World again
i) scream, lie down in a darkened room and forget it

All replies will be gratefully received.

All of the above except 'forget it' and most definitely never order from IW again.

I had this once before a long time ago (meaning the message being deleted without being read), however, I did get a response, apparantly they can can look at the email in the preview window and then delete, but as it was classed as not being opened then it you get the message deleted without being read.
You may yet get a response, however if you dont, then yes its appauling.

Thanks for your replies. Haven't had any further communication and unfortunately don't have the programme recorded, but I am 100% certain what the price was on screen, so I will probably contact ASA as Ideal World have to realise customers can't be treated with such blatant disregard. Needless to say, they have lost this customer.

No wonder IW are in trouble if this is the way they treat customers. What I hate is when you end up speaking to someone from India. I have a hearing problem as it is, but I can never fully understand what they are saying. Usually I manage to muddle through, but that is not the point. I want to speak to someone I can fully understand, with a British accent.

Update

Just to let you all know the outcome. I contacted the ASA and have received their reply. Ideal World accepted that the item was advertised at the incorrect price for just under two minutes - as soon as the producers realised the error it was removed from air. IW say they have refunded the difference to those customers who did order the product while the incorrect price was displayed. ASA are unable to take any further action, but realise this response may be disappointing.

So, I'm presuming Ideal World customer service (I use the term loosely) did preview my email but decided the appropriate action to take was hit the delete button and forget about it.

Well, I have decided to forget about Ideal World for the forseeable future.

Just to let you all know the outcome. I contacted the ASA and have received their reply. Ideal World accepted that the item was advertised at the incorrect price for just under two minutes - as soon as the producers realised the error it was removed from air. IW say they have refunded the difference to those customers who did order the product while the incorrect price was displayed. ASA are unable to take any further action, but realise this response may be disappointing.

So, I'm presuming Ideal World customer service (I use the term loosely) did preview my email but decided the appropriate action to take was hit the delete button and forget about it.

Well, I have decided to forget about Ideal World for the forseeable future.[/QUOTE]

THat seems to be the on;ly way to keep your sanity and cash intact , I will never order anyhing from them due to dodgy customer services in the past

Hi - talking about carp customer services. I ordered a Cricut cartridge on 17 July and was given a delivery date of Monday 27th and obviously it was not delivered. On 29th July I emailed asking where it was as by this time my web account was reading delivery 28th August and I was not prepared to wait this long. Nothing heard apart from the usual "we will reply within 7 days" carp. In the meantime, I rang CS and cancelled the order, was assured it was cancelled and bought the same cartridge from a net supplier within 1 day! BUT - it was still sitting on my web account, so contacted the Chief Exec from another link on this forum.

Within 1 HOUR, I received a call from a guy picking up Chief Exec's emails, assuring me my order had been cancelled, apologising profusely and giving me £10 on my account to spend, to compensate for the hours wasted on the phone to their CS. I also gave him earache about their rubbish CS.

Anyway, this order remained on my account, so I emailed CE again asking for clarification. Again I was rung by the CE Office assuring me it had been removed. Result - it was removed the next day.

Today, I have received an email from their stupid CS Dept telling me that this item is well within the 5-10 (YES FOLKS, 5-10) working days for delivery!!!:taphead: Needless to say, she's received a VERY snotty reply telling her I don't know where she gets her information from, but it's well out of the delivery period, and suggesting she contacts her own CE Office for information, as the item has clearly been cancelled. Obviously she hasn't even looked at my net account.

Needless to say, I',m another dissatisfied customer who won't be ordering from them again.

Pauline xx

Update on above post. Forgot to mention that when I asked why the item hadn't been delivered, as it was obviously in stock when I ordered, :angry: was informed that they don't stock all items but they DO TAKE MONEY FROM YOUR CREDIT CARDS in order to pay their suppliers who also didn't stock my item!!! In my case, even the supplier didn't have the stock so I reminded the CE that this wasn't mentioned on air. No answer.:thinking2:

P xx

Hi - talking about carp customer services. I ordered a Cricut cartridge on 17 July and was given a delivery date of Monday 27th and obviously it was not delivered. On 29th July I emailed asking where it was as by this time my web account was reading delivery 28th August and I was not prepared to wait this long. Nothing heard apart from the usual "we will reply within 7 days" carp. In the meantime, I rang CS and cancelled the order, was assured it was cancelled and bought the same cartridge from a net supplier within 1 day! BUT - it was still sitting on my web account, so contacted the Chief Exec from another link on this forum.

Within 1 HOUR, I received a call from a guy picking up Chief Exec's emails, assuring me my order had been cancelled, apologising profusely and giving me £10 on my account to spend, to compensate for the hours wasted on the phone to their CS. I also gave him earache about their rubbish CS.

Anyway, this order remained on my account, so I emailed CE again asking for clarification. Again I was rung by the CE Office assuring me it had been removed. Result - it was removed the next day.

Today, I have received an email from their stupid CS Dept telling me that this item is well within the 5-10 (YES FOLKS, 5-10) working days for delivery!!!:taphead: Needless to say, she's received a VERY snotty reply telling her I don't know where she gets her information from, but it's well out of the delivery period, and suggesting she contacts her own CE Office for information, as the item has clearly been cancelled. Obviously she hasn't even looked at my net account.

Needless to say, I',m another dissatisfied customer who won't be ordering from them again.

Pauline xx

Can someone send me the Chief Execs e-mail, thanks

sorry to hear this Pauline - seems not alot has changed with IW CS. Hope someone can help you with the email address. i did have it but it got wiped of pc when computer crashed. On that note I am off to do some Ijoyride ( purchased of IW)

Latest posts

Back