Big Blue Diamond

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

M

Meeshoo

Guest Shopper
Any idea what time it's on? I just want to watch out of curiosity.

Ta

Only heard said " between 8pm and 10pm", Meeshoo.... nothing more specific.... unless I've meissed that... .not been on today yet!

That'd be about right - on at 8pm and still on at 10pm!!!!

Cheers Mathilda

Has it been on yet or have they dropped a hint when its on? Thanking you. xx

On in the next hour, Sacha. Just showed it live.... it is darker blue than it looked in the promo films.

BIG BLUE DIAMOND ON NOW... We should have a sweepstake on how much it will go for. I say £50,000...

It looks grey. Not keen at all.

Why isn't it set in Platinum? If I were buying a 6ct diamond I'd insist on it.

Some big guns will have to come out of the woodwork!

Who has a fully loaded CC?

Platinum would have been preferred tho'!

Well, all I can say is I'm VERY pleased that I bought my coloured diamonds when I did. The price appears to have tripled :(

Well, all I can say is I'm VERY pleased that I bought my coloured diamonds when I did. The prices appear to have tripled :( The ones on Gems were nearly all VS clarity as well - courtesy of Don and I will never be able to thank him enough for my pink/red diamond which is PHENOMENAL.

On Rocks now they're showing a 1.5ct IRRADIATED yellow heart diamond pendant and its on for £9,999.

This is mine and is NATURAL, GIA certified, SI1. I paid either £1,500 or £2,000 (sorry can't remember now).

Attachments

• Diamond yellow DBTY Necklace2_4_1.JPG
    Diamond yellow DBTY Necklace2_4_1.JPG
    58.1 KB · Views: 286
Shopping channels never seem to mention whether or not coloured diamonds are irradiated. Remember the first batch of pink diamonds Gems had? Those were natural, but they never even referred this on air - we had to e-mail Steve Ashton and ask!

Vicki keeps saying you can "find every single bit of information on our website and the e-certificate" but you can't. It simply says click here for enhancements but then the rest is guess work. Not fair to new buyers is it? I wonder if somebody emailed in and asked if they'd reply on air??????

Vicki keeps saying you can "find every single bit of information on our website and the e-certificate" but you can't. It simply says click here for enhancements but then the rest is guess work. Not fair to new buyers is it? I wonder if somebody emailed in and asked if they'd reply on air??????

Answer to that is "No", Meeshoo.... I did just that!

It just doesn't make sense does it? Why don't they be upfront? Imagine this - what do you guys think: ...........

Don opens show with big 6ct. Explains how natural diamonds get their colour (can be fascinating). Perhaps discusses famous diamonds. Then explains about the price of naturals. Very expensive etc etc. Just an indication. Then talks about 6ct, explains how it's irradiated. What's irradiation? Is it safe? (yes), does it fade (no), what's the difference between coating and irradiation (coating = yuck) etc., then discusses how irradiation means Rocks and Co can bring bigger than normal coloured diamonds at affordable (debatable with their prices at the mo) prices.

This would be really interesting when discussing the green diamond (which was, IMVHO the most beautiful of them all) because it's soooo difficult to detect irradiated greens from naturals - can be done - but process is the same for both.

An explanation of grading for white diamonds i.e. VS, VVS, IF, SI (not that order of course) because some people don't know. The interpretation of each of these varies depending which channel you watch.

Why also didn't they show the EGL certs???????? That seems amazing to me!

Now then, how interesting would that be? Wouldn't it be more honest? I think it would encourage people to buy as well.

What I did like is that they didn't spend 15 days on one item!

Hi, saw parts of this programme and I think the price started at just under a million pounds,well lets all get our credit cards out then just before we fly off in our Lear Jet to our private island in the Carribean.I think it ended up at £39.000,a real snip,our permanently surprised looking Vicky(is it the painted raised eyebrows that give this effect or all this watching amazing prices)then showed us all the other diamonds which hadn't sold and said they could hold the price until 11pm. What are they thinking? Bet the Call Centre all go off for a coffe break when they have these shows.

Hi, saw parts of this programme and I think the price started at just under a million pounds,well lets all get our credit cards out then just before we fly off in our Lear Jet to our private island in the Carribean.I think it ended up at £39.000,a real snip,our permanently surprised looking Vicky(is it the painted raised eyebrows that give this effect or all this watching amazing prices)then showed us all the other diamonds which hadn't sold and said they could hold the price until 11pm. What are they thinking? Bet the Call Centre all go off for a coffe break when they have these shows.

:grin: How true is that? :grin:

I doubt whether anything much sold because it was so overpriced it was stupid!

It was interesting that they didn't try to pretend the items had sold AND they didn't spend 92 days on each one! Still though, you have to have your pricing right to sell!

Latest posts

Back