Resale tips?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

suzyglam

Registered Shopper
Hi, I hope im not told off, im not trying to sell on here, just u seem to be my best source of advice,

I have a ring I would like to sell, anybody know best way to do this?

I really have only worn it once, for a matter of hours..

it has a fab weight of 18k gold, it was one of my 1st gems buys, would anybody know the worth of the gold even? (as shops only want to buy the gold / scrap weight which is why i have kept it).

I know there are sum serious experts on here, so I dont really want to go down ebay route if can be avoided as I tried that before and got silly bids.

thanks in advance.

Attachments

• DSCF3314.jpg
    DSCF3314.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 234
If you become a VIP member Suzy, there's a small buy and sell section there. You never know it may be just what another forum member is looking for. VIP membership is a one off payment of only £6, and there's loads of stuff there, anything you want in fact. xxx

thats great, I will prob upgrade but I want sure if it was the part where u donate? cos i couldnt see it say it makes u a vip.

thats great, I will prob upgrade but I want sure if it was the part where u donate? cos i couldnt see it say it makes u a vip.

Yes, that's it Suzy. When you make a one-off donation, you'll automatically become a VIP.

i actually got the gem for a v good price considering the gold weight, that was kind of why i wondered if anybody knew the gold price nowadays ?

You can't base a re-sale on the gold price today. It doesn't work like that. If you get what you paid for the ring you'll be lucky.

You can't base a re-sale on the gold price today. It doesn't work like that. If you get what you paid for the ring you'll be lucky.

depending wat i paid yes, it was only that when ive been to jewellers that buy, they pay only scrap for the gold.

i wonder where they get their prices from then.

According to argey's caclulator then, the scrap value of the gold in your ring, Suzy, is around £35.

Of course, this is only the scrap value, i.e. the value if it was going to be melted down and made into something else. A finished ring costs much, much more than that, because you've got to include the cost of the gemstones, design, manufacture, packaging, marketing, etc. etc... as well as the profit Gems TV makes!

i got it as £85, maybe its me., long day at work, long nite at home.. lil boy in bed n mi head dont work v well in them circs.

If I read the card with your ring properly, I think it shows a gold weight of 6.44 gms of 18 K gold... on the website calculator that gives a sum of £83.08

At the end of the day - scrap value aside - selling second hand jewellery (no matter if you've worn it once, twice, 100 times or not at all) the ring will only be worth what somebody wants to pay. Normally that'll be less than you've paid. £85 for a ring of 6.6g is good value BUT that doesn't mean that somebody will pay that second hand. If you get £85 back for it you'll be doing well. Unfortunately I think people would only be willing to pay less.

yes i understand all that, but its prob better money in my pocket than sitting on a shelf unloved.

i have many jewellery items il never wear and always keep but this does nothing for me, it never did, i thought id warm to it but i didnt.

Sorry, Suzy - must be having a senior moment. I misread the gold weight AND the 18K!

i understand the moments, mine arent senior quite, just tiredness. i go to work for a rest lol.

When I need a cash injection, I let some of my rings go from time to time and have occassionally done well on old Gems stuff because the gold weights were so generous and the scrap price so high. This is the guy I use and trust http://www.webuyoldgold.co.uk/index.html. He'll even send you a pre-paid special delivery bag which saves money and hassle,though you still have to take it to a Post Office. If you have something special then ring "John" and ask if he is interested in it as a whole piece for resale. He will return to you anything you're not happy to let go at a certain price. xx

PS He's also very quick - for me post on Monday, received on Tuesday, looked at Tuesday with a telephone offer on Wednesday. If okay, available funds in your bank by Friday (once managed a Thursday).

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back