Today's delivery - mixed bag!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

M

Meeshoo

Guest Shopper
As promised, here's a review of the latest delivery.

First up is the Ruby and Diamond cross over ring (the same as the Tanzanite one I sent back). Well, it's already gone back! If you look at the pictures, despite anything else you can see how mahoosive it is on my hand! I couldn't even close my fingers! On top of that, if you look at the top of the X and bottom, you'll see two black areas where there is rhodium plating and no gemstone. This actually is the design (not a fault) BUT it looks awful. One additional gemstone squeezed into that space (even if it were smaller) would have looked better. Also, can you see where the diamonds meet the X in the middle? Again, you've got a large expanse of metal and no diamonds - this looks awful. The diamonds are also not of the same quality as the ones in the Tanzanite but they're still ok. So, this has gone back.

Attachments

• Ruby and Diamond Ring1.jpg
    Ruby and Diamond Ring1.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 188
  • Ruby and Diamond Ring2.jpg
    Ruby and Diamond Ring2.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 179
  • Ruby and Diamond Ring 3_1_1.JPG
    Ruby and Diamond Ring 3_1_1.JPG
    27.4 KB · Views: 192
The second box contained the Rainbow Sapphire ring both Miss M and I debated on the forum the other night. On the plus side, the sapphires are beautifully matched and graded and the diamonds are "ok". On the downside, the metalwork feels tinny. I can't really explain what I mean but I certainly didn't try it on and go "whoa, this is heavy". The killer for me though is that it's so bulky that again, I can't close my fingers. So despite being very pretty, it's going back.

Attachments

• Rainbow Sapphire 1.jpg
    Rainbow Sapphire 1.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 177
  • Rainbow Sapphire 2_1_1.JPG
    Rainbow Sapphire 2_1_1.JPG
    28.4 KB · Views: 175
  • Rainbow Sapphire 3.jpg
    Rainbow Sapphire 3.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 177
The keeper is a ring thrown into the order at the last minute :grin: This is £100 and 1/4ct of diamonds. I think it suits my hand much better than the other two, the diamonds are ok (some are lovely but a few are hit and miss) but the pinkies hold up well. In the sunshine it also looks lovely, as it does under electric light (but then so do carp diamonds) but this is well worth the money and the only keeper of the delivery!

Attachments

• Diamond Pink and White1.jpg
    Diamond Pink and White1.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 179
  • Diamond Pink and White 3.jpg
    Diamond Pink and White 3.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 170
  • Diamond Pink and White2_1_1.JPG
    Diamond Pink and White2_1_1.JPG
    26.7 KB · Views: 175
The ruby ring looks so wide (was the tanzanite version not as wide?) and i also think your right they should have used 2 smaller stones instead of blobs on black rhodium it just doesn't work, shame the sapphire ring is so wide and light on the gold work as the sapphires look yummy, but glad the diamonds are a keeper it is much more suited to your hand.

Bit of a let-down with those first two, Meeshoo.
I see what you mean about the ugly gap with the black rhodium just looking ugly. Neither of the two look remotely good on your hand... it's obvious they would never be comfy, let alone smart.
Glad you have the little pink chap as a consolation.... sweet for the money, isn't it?

As promised, here's a review of the latest delivery.

On top of that, if you look at the top of the X and bottom, you'll see two black areas where there is rhodium plating and no gemstone.

I noticed that lots of times in presentation of this design in different gems, and when i 1st saw the gap i thought they were showing a faulty piece.

The second box contained the Rainbow Sapphire ring both Miss M and I debated on the forum the other night. On the plus side, the sapphires are beautifully matched and graded and the diamonds are "ok". On the downside, the metalwork feels tinny. I can't really explain what I mean but I certainly didn't try it on and go "whoa, this is heavy". The killer for me though is that it's so bulky that again, I can't close my fingers. So despite being very pretty, it's going back.

i know it kind of defeats the object, but would u wear it on a chain, ive noticed alot do this, just wondered how it would look?

i know it kind of defeats the object, but would u wear it on a chain, ive noticed alot do this, just wondered how it would look?

You wouldn't see the sapphires and you'd see the horrible inside of the ring. For that money, I'd rather buy a proper rainbow sapphire pendant in all honesty.

true yes, (div me) theres a big alex in ex demo web game, a bit off thread but i know 1 of you was raving over them think £1065 is what is being asked.

Thanks for posting the pictures Meesh, great shame that the first two are non-starters as in theory they should be lovely.
But agree that both look much too big on your finger and deserve to go back.

Now the third one, I didn't say owt as I'd already returned this design but with yellow diamonds due to having too many dodgy white diamonds, the yellow ones were fine...but are in the minority in this design.

I paid £139 less discount and so yours in Pink is excellent value, and the Pinkies always were the highest priced of the set!
Its a very pretty ring and the sort of design that would really suit most wearers......hard to fault it really. Love it!

It seems so hit and miss with the diamonds doesn't it Sacha? The diamonds in today's pinkie are better than in the marquise style pinkie I got the other day! I'm glad I got a bargain because unless you watch Gems regularly you're never sure about the prices so thanks ever so much for the confirmation. I've got another pinkie on order so we'll see how that one does in the diamond department lol!

Good luck with Pinkie No 3 then Meesh.
pink_diamonds.gif

I received my small delivery after all today....didn't need to upgrade the p&p costs! Have taken some pics, tho' my
photography skills aren't the best.....:cheeky:

Woohoo great news Sacha! Now upload those piccies so we can have a squint (pretty please)!

Thanks for allowing me to 'share' in your thread Meesh.

Just two rings....

Imperial Topaz & diamond ring........£39

and

Pink and White Diamond
..............£199

I'll load all five pics as I'm not sure which are the best......phew that ages to upload!

The pink diamonds look a different colour in some of the pics, but they aren't overly pink in natural daylight. They sparkle very nicely as do the fancy baguettes. Though on close inspection I can see some inclusions, they are fairly white and clear and the whole effect under halogen light is like a glitter ball!

The YG ring has a nice lot of gold and feels substantial on and I particularly like the millgrain edge and the pallour of the Topaz, the 'gg's' are not up too much, just provide a bit of interest on the shoulders. Unfortunately I would need it downsizing, but this design would make an attractive gemstone wedding ring...or similar.

Apologies Meesh.......one of these days I'll write a brief and concise post....mysmilie_1436

Attachments

• P1010585.jpg
    P1010585.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 163
  • P1010586.jpg
    P1010586.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 167
  • P1010587.jpg
    P1010587.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 185
  • P1010588.jpg
    P1010588.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 161
  • P1010589.jpg
    P1010589.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 161
Wow Ladies, Lovely pieces all round,..Meesh, LOVE your keeper! Sacha, both rings are gorgeous, love the intricate nature of your first ring, just gorgeous, and the Imperial Topaz looks so much more than £39!! Enjoy wearing your beatifull pieces ladies :)

No need to apologise. I love seeing reviews - especially when they're detailed. It helps to imagine the rings in real life so keep on typing! x

Sacha I love the pinky! The design looks delicate but I think would give good finger coverage? If you want to get a good photograph of the pinkies, don't photograph them against black. There are only a few stones (mainly loose stones) that look good with that backdrop and your camera needs to be able to cope with it rather than washing them out. Try it just sitting on a table so there's nothing reflecting back into the stones OR on your hand. Are the pinks the same colour as mine?

Is the Topaz ring re-sizeable hun?

Last edited:
What's not to like about the pinkie, but on a personal level I'm chuffed to see the imperial topaz looking so good and that you are pleased with it. I have that design on order in pink tourmaline and, separately, a channel set row of princess cut IT. I now suspect they are gonna be keepers for sure.

Cheers xxxx

I think the ruby and diamond ring is a great example of why I don't like black rhodium plating. Funny, because your ruby & diamond pendant looked great, Meeshoo. Shame about the RS, but I think a flatter band, rather than the in and out design (IYKWIM) would have been much more comfortable.

LOVE the pink/white diamond ring, so pretty, delicate yet a biggish look.

Sacha - I am LOVING that Imperial Topaz, just my type of ring, what a fantastic price, well done you!!

Latest posts

Back