Amazon Quart - What colour is it?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Klosblue

Costs nothing to be nice!
Flicked over as this piece was on. Heard them talking about the "pinks and yellows" but I can't see any in this. Were they talking about something else at the time? Anyone know what colour this should be?

Attachments

• Amazon Quartz.jpg
    Amazon Quartz.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 242
Quartz can be any colour and I suspect the word "Amazon" is just their marketing - so no idea what colour it should be. TBH, quartz is a cheap gemstone - they're not selling it as rare or special are they?

Amazon quartz is their name for bi-colour quartz. I've seen some which is part smokey and part clear, and some which is part yellow (citrine) and part clear - it looked very nice but yes, overpriced I think. I've never seen the pink and yellow variety (although I've heard it mentioned), and I have to admit that photo doesn't persuade me of its existence!

Talking of colour ............ I always thought that Aquamarine was blue! After all, the more blue the more highly prized but apparently Rocks and Co are re-writing the book. They're flogging clear coloured stones (with a hint of lilac) as "the best coloured Aquamarine". Yesssssssssssssssssssssssssss - don't think I'll be buying that either! Dear God, what next? Violet Emeralds? Black Tanzanite? Blue Rubies?

LOL Meesh - I just saw that and was puzzled as had always thought Aquamarine was supposed to be a lovely delicate bluey green colour ....

guess I will head elsewhere to continue to covet a Santa Maria aquamarine piece.

Oy! Who's nicked the blue?

Attachments

• Rocks and Co Aquamarine.jpg
    Rocks and Co Aquamarine.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 226
Hee hee Meesh that post made me chortle!

I liked the design of this one - but the blue thief had been in again (sorry, don't know how to do the screen grab thing) ... certainly wasn't the colour on screen that it is in the picture!

625648.jpg

Last edited:
Talking of colour ............ I always thought that Aquamarine was blue! After all, the more blue the more highly prized but apparently Rocks and Co are re-writing the book. They're flogging clear coloured stones (with a hint of lilac) as "the best coloured Aquamarine". Yesssssssssssssssssssssssssss - don't think I'll be buying that either! Dear God, what next? Violet Emeralds? Black Tanzanite? Blue Rubies?

that what i thought when i saw 3 or 4 earlier

Oy! Who's nicked the blue?

i know i`ve seen quite a few like that and was thinkin wheres the blue

quartz is a cheap gemstone - they're not selling it as rare or special are they?

Don't they ALWAYS?? I think I've sussed it though - it's not the gemstones that are rare, it's the bloo*y awful way they're cut that's rare! Nobody else would dare sell gemstones as badly cut as they do and claim they have the "best gemstone cutters in the World"!!

Hey Meesh exactly what I thought,it's Tony again giving everyone the bull****,loved the story about the mine and all his friends working there,shame no one told them aquamarine should be blue.Good thing he has a ready made outlet for this rubbish as I'm sure no gem dealer would buy it.

Hey Meesh exactly what I thought,it's Tony again giving everyone the bull****,loved the story about the mine and all his friends working there,shame no one told them aquamarine should be blue.Good thing he has a ready made outlet for this rubbish as I'm sure no gem dealer would buy it.

:giggle: :grin: :giggle:

That is so true ... I watched a bit at the weekend and was quite shocked by the aquamarine being talked about here. There wasn't really even the faintest hint of blue was there?

... and the windows were so bad, they looked even more washed out. I wonder where they had these cut - they were dire! I was expecting Santa Maria quality - what a disappointment.

And another thing - what's with WHITE KUNZITE???

And their checkerboard-cut Zambian amethyst has to be one of the ugliest gemstones I've ever seen. You wouldn't think it was possible to make amethyst look ugly, but there you go! R&C proved me wrong!

And another thing - what's with WHITE KUNZITE??? That would be a pink kunzite that's faded out of all its colour. :giggle: I have a white Kunzite. I'm doing a nice roast chicken tonight and thought I'd stuff it inside to see if I can regain the pinkness! lol

And their checkerboard-cut Zambian amethyst has to be one of the ugliest gemstones I've ever seen. You wouldn't think it was possible to make amethyst look ugly, but there you go! R&C proved me wrong!
I'll let you know RR, I think I just bought one of these. Don't blame me, blame it on my hormones! :lolwave:

Latest posts

Back