Could He Be More Miserable??

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Dingbat

Registered Shopper
I have never bought anything from this company, but I flick in and out of
their show during the evening.

Last night though, when Tony D was on with Stacey, I couldn't actually believe what I was seeing - perhaps it was just me.

I have never seen him look more miserable, fed up, and looking as if he really didn't want to be there. He looked furious at some of the prices, totally bored by what Stacey was saying (not that I blame him there), and completely disinterested with his whole relationship with Rocks & Co.

He seemed to be flying the flag for the Diniz empire and that was about it.

Was it just me - or did anyone else notice this??

Dingbat, I do know what you mean.... but I think the problem is that Tony doesn't realise that this is the impression he is giving! I believe that he is trying to "act" the part of someone who is astonished at the low prices that the items are going for, in order to make the viewer think that the bargains are just the best things since sliced loaf... but he is a lousy actor so all that is happening is that he looks like a miserable whingeing pillock.:tongue2:
All of which is both irritating to watch and thoroughly counter-productive !
:sad:

Totally agree. This has been mentioned before and I honestly don't think it's good for sales. At least when Don was on, he was smiley, even laughing at the prices - BUT I think that he's more acutely aware of feedback and reacts accordingly.

Pity the grumpy Diniz brothers don't do the same.

Bring back Gavin Linsell ASAP, I say - he doesn't try to act, talks interestingly about gemstones and is really worth tuning in for.

Totally agree. This has been mentioned before and I honestly don't think it's good for sales. At least when Don was on, he was smiley, even laughing at the prices - BUT I think that he's more acutely aware of feedback and reacts accordingly.

Pity the grumpy Diniz brothers don't do the same.

If it was my company I'd be laughing at the prices too - all the way to the bank :Happy1:

You know, Klos, you make a good point there......
which is that, in spite of all the screeching, wailing and gasping and beyond all the desperate protestations that one couldn't buy the stones for this price, let alone the gold, how their children, born and unborn, and their aged parents are all going to end up on the streets begging for scraps..... the fact HAS to be that all these companies ( and let's face it, they are ALL pretty good at flogging these duff pitches) MUST be making a profit or they wouldn't be here.
So, if one like what one sees, think it a reasonable price for your budget and want to buy.... then do so..... as most of us here have!! But don't, please, Newbies, get sucked into the idea that these folk are GIVING the stuff away and that the fact that it may be hard to replace an item, like for like, makes it a dead cert that what you paid £x for will be worth £100 times X in five minutes!

Take heed of Klos' words...... enjoy and buy if you like, but don't imagine any of these folk are starving their canaries because of the deal they are cutting us!!

... I can cope with his dourness, but he really should have shaved. He looked like he's been up all night and hadn't gone to bed when I saw him yesterday.

Maybe this is a trait of the moody Latin male! :giggle:

He was quite smiley and happy Friday at 6 p.m. so he does have it in him!

I wonder how much having the Diniz brothers presenting affects sales? They seem to be on more often than not these days so you would assume they must be getting better prices or shifting more stock with them there. I remember when Don was on Gems TV auctions were like lightning, you couldn't even buy online quickly enough sometimes. Don't see that happening with Tony and Tenner... :spider:

I was watching the other night when a huge Paraiba went from £19,999 to £17,999... TD looked so genuinely pained and miserable, angry even, that it made me really uncomfortable. Honestly, if I'd had £17,999 to throw away, I wouldn't have bought the item for fear of robbing the poor man!

Seriously, is making your viewers feel uncomfortable truly the best way to go about selling things?!? It just makes me cringe, and want to tiptoe quietly away...

Poor Tony. I'm starting to feel really sorry for him now. Maybe he's miserable because he's away from home and missing his regular 'you-know-what'! :giggle:

I agree with all of what has been said previously on this thread. To be honest TD looks totally disinterested half the time, and his misery attitude makes me want to switch off!
The Diniz brothers are here more and more, do R&C believe they will sell more when they are here? Case of wrong again R&C sorry! If you really want to bring a guest expert in, make it Gavin Linsell please...at least he is worth watching and listening to.

Re the "oh we really shouldn't be doing this" and "we're making such a loss on this"....RUBBISH, we customers are not stupid enough to believe they would "give" pieces to us at a loss...we really aren't that naieve!

Can I make another suggestion?

NO BLIDDY "GUEST" PRESENTERS. NONE.

It's becoming ridiculous. None of them tempt me (or I think anybody else) to buy - including all those named above. A good presenter, worth their salt, will give an informative presentation with just the right amount of humour to draw you in. The so called "experts" don't add anything. It should be the jewellery selling itself with just the right amount of information from the presenter.

The problem with Rocks - and they fail to see this - is that their pricing is out of control (it's a credit crunch environment Rocks in case you hadn't noticed) and their gemstone cutting is abysmal. They are selling gemstones as "rare" when they're not and quite frankly, insulting the intelligence of regular gem/jewellery buyers.

They had 'Bluey' on again last night, and this time it dropped even more, to the absolute, deal of a lifetime, you're cutting my throat, jawdroppinging low, giveaway, sale of the century price of £24,999. Funnily enough, it didn't sell, despite Tony saying in his 'commercial experience' you could expect to pay £120,000 for it elsewhere.

I did genuinely think Gavin Linsell was great - I tuned into his hour specially, and I do remember that there was a lot of positive response to him on this forum. He talked about the gemstones, their properties, how they were mined, etc., and left the "hard sell" to the presenters.

I do hope Rocks & Co will bring him back soon, as people would genuinely tune in to see him. All of the others (including Don Kogen) I can do without.

They had 'Bluey' on again last night, and this time it dropped even more, to the absolute, deal of a lifetime, you're cutting my throat, jawdroppinging low, giveaway, sale of the century price of £24,999. Funnily enough, it didn't sell, despite Tony saying in his 'commercial experience' you could expect to pay £120,000 for it elsewhere.

IF it would sell anywhere for £120,000, why aren't they selling it there instead of "giving it to us at a loss"??

Well said Tabs. They must be running as a charitable organisation giving away all these gems, after all they sell every piece of Tanzanite at a massive loss because they pay £1000/$1000 a carat for it (depending who's presenting!!).

Yeah right!
flying-pig-on-white.gif

Latest posts

Back