Santa Maria (colour)aquamarine

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

TopazTrish

Registered Shopper
Anyone hear the trailer for Santa Maria (colour) aquamarine? Is this going to be SM aqua. that looks like it but isn't?? Reminds me of a couple of years back when padparadscha sapphire became pad.coloured sapphire- meaning it looked like it but it wasn't sourced there. I believe Gems were forced into this due to some Gem organisation/body complaint. I hope this isn't the case again as to my mind thats just a ruse to keep the prices high for something that isn't what people think it is!

Weren't they selling Santa Maria Africana aquamarine a while back? It sounds to me as if they are adding the name to create interest in the product and then to be able to sell it at a higher price. TJC has had some lovely pieces of the real thing on recently.

Weren't they selling Santa Maria Africana aquamarine a while back? It sounds to me as if they are adding the name to create interest in the product and then to be able to sell it at a higher price. TJC has had some lovely pieces of the real thing on recently.

Yes Jacqualina TJC's is lovely isn't it. Have you bought any? Unfortunately my budget can't stretch that far just now - still doing renovations :sad:

I'm just staring at them longingly when they come on, trying not to dial in, but the Rhapsody ones are wearing me down ..... :thinking2:

Talking about colour,yes I know this is purple and not blue,did anyone see the blueberry quartz Wed evening? I bought a ring from QVC about 2 yrs ago,it was silver and only £23,it is a different colour from this,a darkish iolite type colour and all QVC's stones are the same.It was a dead,flat stone but I kept it as it was cheap(that kind of sums me up),but this Blueberry is definitely amethyst and a very nice one imho.What does the team think,as for the aquamarine I hope that it is a low price as it will obviously be heated and treated to hell.

Most Aquamarine is heated. You can buy unheated but that's more difficult to source that the heated material. My guess is that this Aquamarine has the word "colour" inserted because it's not from the Santa Maria location but has been heated and has reproduced the colour. As far as I'm aware, Aqua isn't treated in any other way - but of course there may be a new advancement I'm not aware of.

HTH

p.s. Nannie, we just had a thread on Blueberry quartz - have a look through recent posts on this board.

Latest posts

Back