Rod Jinks

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

evie21

Registered Shopper
tuned onto gems 2, in time to hear Lucy say that Rod is leaving, did I hear right? if so wonder if Lynn will stay, very sorry if Rod goes his been with gems from the beginning, and especially in the first years was very funny. Equipment at gems down sometime ago Rod and Lynn carried on with broadcast and were very funny, some of the best telly seen.

I agree - he said goodbye last night - I just happened to tune in to see his last few minutes.

I wonder where he's going??? Can ANYONE enlighten us, please??? Totally nosey, lol.

GOOD LUCK ROD, with whatever you are going to do xx

Oh nooooooooooo surely not? I love Rod too and saw the double header you mentioned. This is what made Gems the channel it WAS. I hope they aren't going to let him slope off into the sunset without some recognition like all the others. I suppose there may be others to go too now that there is only one channel, there aren't enough hours in a day to employ all the presenters, maybe they're going to go 24/7? What about Liv & Fiona on maternity leave, they might not have a job to come back to. I personally would like to see Gems make a proper announcement to the faithfull viewers/customers about what will be happening!!! Anyone agree?

I'm very surprised and sorry to see Rod leaving....in such a low key way. T'aint right after he's been there for so long!
Is he the only one? There are a few others I'd rather see leave before Rod! Hope he has something better to go to,
perhaps Lyn wouldn't mind keeping us up to date on here on or twitter? :talking:

Oh no I do hope not. I agree with Sacha that there are others I rather see go than Rod.

Very old fashioned I know, but last in - first out springs to mind. xxxxxxxx

oh that's a shame to see Rod leave, wonder who will be next to go? they do seem to have got too many presenters now for one channel though don't they?

personally i have to turn over whenever rod is on screen, so was rather glad to hear he was going. im sure he's a lovely bloke, just can't watch him personally at all! Lynns good though.

G - can you see if he is actually leaving? He was the last presenter on GemsTV2 when it closed last night sooooooooooooooo I'm wondering if perhaps he was just saying goodbye from GemsTV2???? I do hope so.

i watched lynn present last nite with rae, and sumbody had text n said lynn and rod should do a double (on screen).. lynn said,,, thatd be hard cos rod doesnt work here anymore.

SO yes hes gone.

I loathe the way they get shoved out of the back door! Lynn had said he was summering at home, and I thought he was just having time out until I heard different. So bliddy rude of them not to give us a chance to even say goodbye. xxx

just a thought:
Maybe Rod didnt want to make a big thing out of it... maybe he chose to leave or maybe he has been asked not to disclose.

my brother was in the public eye for sometime and similar happened.

Often they just have to follow contractual obligations..

oh and one more thought: ROD ..ANY CHANCE OF THE SAFE CODE??

G - can you see if he is actually leaving? He was the last presenter on GemsTV2 when it closed last night sooooooooooooooo I'm wondering if perhaps he was just saying goodbye from GemsTV2???? I do hope so.

He's definitely gone Meesh. Just like Derek we are left having to ask questions rather than they give us the courtesy of at least letting us know that a much loved presenter is leaving (they don't hav e to give details if they don't want to). xxxxx

just a thought:
Maybe Rod didnt want to make a big thing out of it... maybe he chose to leave or maybe he has been asked not to disclose.

my brother was in the public eye for sometime and similar happened.

Often they just have to follow contractual obligations..

oh and one more thought: ROD ..ANY CHANCE OF THE SAFE CODE??

Out the back door is the normal practice for treatment of presenters on Gems Suzy. They're becoming famous for it. xxx

Well, I just hope that Rod has gone to a really FABULOUS new job, that pays him oodles and that he loves to bits!

There will be cutbacks if gems2 has ceased.. maybe the thought is lynn will get more work.

Latest posts

Back