PDA

View Full Version : Give me strength!!!!!!!!!

Pinkpussycat
01-08-2009, 04:55 PM
I've been unsuccessful 3 times now trying to use the £50 discount code on the web!!!! :TANTRUM: So, I tried ringing CS who are supposed to be open until 6pm and the message says they are closed, so that's another bloody item that's sitting in my basket that I can't checkout so will lose it. :mad: Why do I bother with this channel!!????? :TANTRUM: :PPC:

gemcherub
01-08-2009, 05:27 PM
You can only use the code if it was sent to you with an order i think as its on their system if your account has been issued with a voucher, if not its blocked when you try to use it HTH

Pinkpussycat
01-08-2009, 06:04 PM
I had an order on 10/7 and also one on 29/7 (not delivered yet) Gemcherub, do you know when the promotion started?? :PPC:

gemcherub
01-08-2009, 06:07 PM
I'm honestly not sure! just looked on the website and it says 16/7/09

Pinkpussycat
01-08-2009, 06:09 PM
Thanks Gemcerub. Okay well that would rule out the 10/7 order then but if the promotion runs until the middle of August I should be eligible from the one placed on 29/7. :WHO KNOWS: :PPC:

gemcherub
01-08-2009, 06:17 PM
You should be eligible but sometimes they only hand out the vouchers for a week or so, you'll have to see if there is one in there when it arrives.

Meeshoo
01-08-2009, 08:01 PM
Sue I don't think that's it. As per bliddy usual, TJC were having major meltdown issues with their systems. If it's any consolation for 24 hours every time I tried to bid I was told I was blocked from buying THEN on the phone it said I couldn't place a bid! At least you could get as far as placing a bid.

I'm pretty sure that if you phone CS tomorrow (are they open on Sundays) your item will be available because it'll be held until the wee hours of tomorrow. That's if you can be bothered of course. Bliddy channel.

Pinkpussycat
01-08-2009, 08:23 PM
Well Meesh it says that CS is (allegedly) open on Sundays 12-4 on Sundays but I don't trust that either seeing as they were closed this afternoon when they were meant to be there. :rolleyes: I'm nervous about letting this one expire in my basket overnight so I think I'll havve to check it out at the full price and argue with them later. :PPC:

Meeshoo
01-08-2009, 08:41 PM
I would do that Sue. At the end of the day, if it's that good you don't want to lose it.

I'm still apparently blocked from buying so I guess they don't want my business :grin: Their loss!

gemcherub
01-08-2009, 08:42 PM
Why are you blocked? is that what it says when you try to bid?

Meeshoo
01-08-2009, 08:45 PM
I have no idea GC! It happened when their systems went down the other day. It's not like I've abused the basket situation. The last item I put in there (the necklace) I bought so it's a mystery! Not bothered though cos it's saving me a fortune lol!

Pinkpussycat
01-08-2009, 08:46 PM
Why are you blocked? is that what it says when you try to bid?

She's a troublemaker hon. :roll:;) :PPC:

Meeshoo
01-08-2009, 08:48 PM
She's a troublemaker hon. :roll:;) :PPC:

That'll be it then! :giggle: :angel:

gemcherub
01-08-2009, 08:55 PM
LOL i know my pin changed when they started the new quicker phone bidding but nobody told it was my new pin number to log in with as well! It wouldn't except the discount code when i ordered on Friday either i just assumed it was because i hadn't actually had a voucher with an order! wish i had persuaded it further now!

Klosblue
01-08-2009, 10:01 PM
Why is it that just as they seemed to be really coming on well that they have to go and blow it!!! Silly Bug**rs!!

jacqualina
02-08-2009, 07:28 AM
That's a shame, but I suppose all companies have their share of IT problems, tjc just seems to have a slightly larger piece of the pie at the moment. Could the closed CS be due to swine flu? My parents couldn't get through to their emergency GP phone number the other night and then had to wait an hour and a half for an ambulance all because of swine flu - just a thought.

faerie
02-08-2009, 08:55 AM
CS dont seem to open now until after freeview go off air ... suppose it means they can take more orders that way ...
my friend tried to get through the other day too, and there was no answer...but when she looked online there was a big auction on ... she waited until there was a single for ring for sale ... and got through no problems ...

Pinkpussycat
02-08-2009, 09:38 AM
I tried several times Faerie and it was late afternoon so freeview was long finished. The point is if TJC says CS is available between certain times then the phones should be manned during those hours whether there are big games on or not. Poor CS that is the main reason that turns customers away from a company. :mad: :PPC:

Meeshoo
02-08-2009, 12:18 PM
I totally agree with you Sue.

I stopped watching and buying from TJC ages ago because of their rather less than honest selling tactics and their shite CS. I started buying a couple of months ago. Have placed 3 orders, 2 of which have been returned.

I spoke to CS today to be told they don't know why I've been "banned". Have I changed my address? No. Have I returned everything I've ever bought? No, errrr, why would I have a mountain of Iliana boxes if that were the case!

What am I told? "We'll look into it but it might take a few weeks but if you want you can phone back next week and we'll see if we've found anything out"! How about that for crap customer service? A few weeks? I have to phone back?

I don't think so!

Pinkpussycat
02-08-2009, 12:24 PM
As some of you might have read, was waiting for the delivery today (delivery was missed on Thursday) and was panicing in case I saw somthing in the sale (sale?, what sale?) and couldnt use the discount voucher because I didnt have it .... got the card today and it says on it 'check the website for full t&c' ... here they are:

Summer | “Multi-Discount” Promotion.

Quote discount codes 399001 and 399002 for Offer 1 and Offer 2 respectively.

Offer 1: £20 off when you spend between £99 and £399.
Offer 2: £50 off when you spend more than £399.
Offers are redeemable through call center, website and customer care.
These offers are applicable to you only and not transferrable. These offers are redeemable against your next single purchase.
A purchase between £99 and £399 does not include postage and packaging cost.
A purchase of More than £399 does not include postage and packaging cost.
Offer 1 is valid between 16/07/09 and 17/08/09.
Offer 2 is valid between 16/07/09 and 17/08/09.
Only one Discount code can be used in a single transaction.
For Call Centre/Customer Care purchases, give your unique code to Agent and an automatic deduction will be made once the purchase falls within one of the offers.
For Website purchases, enter your unique Code to receive your respective discount off the most expensive item in your basket. These offers cannot be used in combination with itself and any other TJC discount voucher(s).
Returned items will be refunded at the discounted price paid.
This does not affect your statutory rights.
These terms and conditions strictly apply

Which means you dont need to wait to receive the codes, or purchase something to get the codes .... they post them on the website anyway ...

****UPDATE****

I've copied Faerie's post from Meesh's discount thread because I've just spoken to a girl called Nicky in CS. She could not help with my query as she couldn't get an answer to why the discount code wouldn't work on the website, in fact she asked me if it was supposed to?? :rolleyes: I read out the highlighted bits in the above t&cs and she asked me to hold on while she checked it out but still said she didn't know the answer.....wtf!! Anyway she then went on to say that different people deal with website queries (presumably not available today :rolleyes:) and told me to email Contactus@tjc.co.uk which according to their website is the email addy for all customer services. So that's what I shall do and I'll report back. Not having a go at this girl in particular as she was perfectly polite but what a bliddy shambles their CS is. :mad: :PPC:

Klosblue
02-08-2009, 12:24 PM
That's just ridiculous! If you can be bothered (and I understand if you can't) then why don't you try emailing the studio or even try emailing Derek Gibbons directly and maybe he can help. I don't think he tolerates fools gladly so may get to the bottom of it for you. I think his email is derek.gibbons@tjc.co.uk. It'll be interesting to see if he helps.

Pinkpussycat
02-08-2009, 12:27 PM
I totally agree with you Sue.

I stopped watching and buying from TJC ages ago because of their rather less than honest selling tactics and their shite CS. I started buying a couple of months ago. Have placed 3 orders, 2 of which have been returned.

I spoke to CS today to be told they don't know why I've been "banned". Have I changed my address? No. Have I returned everything I've ever bought? No, errrr, why would I have a mountain of Iliana boxes if that were the case!

What am I told? "We'll look into it but it might take a few weeks but if you want you can phone back next week and we'll see if we've found anything out"! How about that for crap customer service? A few weeks? I have to phone back?

I don't think so!

Oh so you got the stock 'I don't know' answer too then?? What do they bliddy know!!?? :mad: You must be fuming Meesh. :PPC:

Meeshoo
02-08-2009, 12:29 PM
Yep Sue. I've had to delete a few posts that I was intending to put on here! Didn't want to embarrass Graham with the amount of swear words he'd have to edit out!

To be honest Klos, whilst I agree with what you say about Derek, I don't think even he, even if he developed magical, mystical powers, would be able to sort out the technical and CS issues TJC have.

Basically, CS are in Liverpool and the "people who can" are in London and don't work weekends. So my guess is that it's best to speak to somebody in London next week and get some sensible answers.

gemcherub
02-08-2009, 12:43 PM
Bring back the London team i say! Kavita and Percey couldn't do enough to help, but looks like those days are long gone!
I had a great customer service a few weeks ago :headbang: called (couldn't get through to shopper) to see if an item was in stock told no sorry, emailed personal shopper who called me within the hour and ordered the item for me!

faerie
02-08-2009, 12:51 PM
I bought a wee ring a few weeks ago, first time in nearly a year(decided to take the plunge again), and got my new pin no, which then meant I couldnt log on with my old password (they dont tell you this) but from the website (you can go in and change your pin number back, found that out myself ....).

I asked when I got the pin, if when I was ordering something and I wanted to use a different card (card was due to expire so card number would change) if I could still use the speed buying option .... I was told 'no idea, but dont worry, if it doesnt go through when you are ordering, you SHOULD be transferred to customer service who can help ...' this means that if I do see the ring I want for my birthday (a special birthday so a special ring) that I might not get it at all (would be using the new card) and it'll probably be a rign you wont be able to buy on the web ... my fate(and birthday pressie) will be in their hands

surely thuogh when something new comes out, like pin numbers and order discount codes, their customer services peeps SHOULD be trained in the services and systems ... they still look totally shambolic and unprofessional in this regard ...

no good getting the first time buyers once and then thats it ... (and I dont even work in business) its as if they dont really care about the next step, the next purchase ...

dont they get though, that return customers are what makes good business sense? that'll keep the company going (especially through times like this)

Meeshoo
02-08-2009, 12:59 PM
I've never even been given a pin number! Shows how good their CS is!

Pinkpussycat
02-08-2009, 01:26 PM
Oh I've been given a speed buying PIN but it doesn't work.... What does at TJC these days?? :rolleyes: They now have the best presenters and superior jewellery to the other channels but the whole buying process side of their business lets them down very badly :PPC:

flossie
02-08-2009, 01:52 PM
I had a problem with the website yesterday (a tanzy ring sort of fell into my basket, as they do :cheeky:), the security certificate was mismatching, so I couldn't (or rather wouldn't, in case it wasn't legit) checkout. I texted the studio to ask them to tell the IT guy's, went and checked again 30 mins later and it was fixed!

Seems to work much better if you bypass CS totally at times!

Pinkpussycat
04-08-2009, 09:55 AM
****GOOD NEWS****

Re the website not accepting the discount code - had a nice email yesterday from Jay in CS to tell me that a refund cheque for £50 is being sent to me. Well done to CS for dealing with this so quickly. :clap:

****BAD NEWS****

You are not allowed to use the discount codes more than once even though the T&Cs are ambiguous and do not actually say this. However if you are sent a discount voucher more than once i.e. on separate purchases then apparently you can...... No it doesn't make any sense to me either. Either you can have more than one discount during the eligible period or you can't. :WHO KNOWS: I think it rather depends on who you speak to. :PPC:

argeybargey
04-08-2009, 12:01 PM
Ain't it shocking though that we are so grateful whenever someone simply just does their job properly and politely? xxxxx

Pinkpussycat
04-08-2009, 12:28 PM
Yes Arge I know, unfortunately it's a sign of the times now. :thinking2: :PPC:

Meeshoo
04-08-2009, 04:14 PM
And on the bad news ............ no phone call back to me of any sort! So I reckon that's shite customer service!

Pinkpussycat
02-09-2009, 12:11 PM
****GOOD NEWS****

Re the website not accepting the discount code - had a nice email yesterday from Jay in CS to tell me that a refund cheque for £50 is being sent to me. Well done to CS for dealing with this so quickly. :clap:

:PPC:

****UPDATE**** BAD NEWS!!!!

Thought it was too good to be bloody true!! :HUMP: Refund cheque STILL not been sent :mad: despite speaking to Jay at least once about it since I received his email a month ago. :HUMP: The excuse was that it's only the 'director' who can sign cheques and he was out of the country....again!! :rolleyes: Sorry but I cannot believe that a company of this size has only one signatory for this purpose, even a small company would grind to a halt if that was true, no it's just a pathetic excuse to hang onto peoples' money for as long as possible. I feel a call to Trading Standards is due. :PPC:

Beady Belle
02-09-2009, 12:16 PM
:laugh: One cheque signatory????

I'd ask for the lost interest on your money Sue, may only amount to peanuts, but it's the principle!!

yazrose
02-09-2009, 12:22 PM
PPC I really feel for you with this issue.

I placed several orders early last year, I got all of them but 1 was not available yet they still took the money for it, 4 weeks later and several phone calls and emails I eventually got my money back. I haven't ordered from them since. I was very tempted the other week with reguards to a ring, but could I pay for it? NOOOOOOOOOO, I tried several times to call them but was put in a queue, tried to email them but got little response and it still has not been sorted too as far as I am aware.
For all the hassle it just isn't worth shopping with them.

gemcherub
02-09-2009, 12:39 PM
Well back in the good old days i was told i would get a cheque and i did with in 24 hours! and that certainly wasn't signed by any director!
My goodness TJC pull your finger out and sort this mess out!
Sorry it has not been resolved yet PP x

Pinkpussycat
02-09-2009, 12:43 PM
:laugh: One cheque signatory????

I'd ask for the lost interest on your money Sue, may only amount to peanuts, but it's the principle!!

I'm seriously tempted to Mad but afraid that would be far too complex for them to deal with and could potentially put the company into meltdown. :rolleyes:

PPC I really feel for you with this issue.

I placed several orders early last year, I got all of them but 1 was not available yet they still took the money for it, 4 weeks later and several phone calls and emails I eventually got my money back. I haven't ordered from them since. I was very tempted the other week with reguards to a ring, but could I pay for it? NOOOOOOOOOO, I tried several times to call them but was put in a queue, tried to email them but got little response and it still has not been sorted too as far as I am aware.
For all the hassle it just isn't worth shopping with them.
It makes you just want to give up doesn't it!!?? :banghead: Their jewellery is by far the best out there as regards to the channels but their poor cs and website issues let them down badly and if enough people get pissed off by it they will stop buying, simples. :PPC:

persianglitter
02-09-2009, 01:06 PM
Hello everybodies, thought i would add my sixpence worth too - as i have mentioned 28th August i had money to burn, and my sights were set on a tanzanite ring on TJC website; when friday came, i went on the web, only to find the ring gone - sent email, and got reply that it was out of stock, and to contact CS, i rang - but i wasnt answered, guess i was in a queue -and havent received any email from CS regarding my enquiry! so i havent spent my money with them - and reading all your postings, think i wont be either - as they dont seem to give a Joss about their customers, which is very bad form. Iam still a very disgruntled old persian lol xxxxxx:flower:

Klosblue
02-09-2009, 01:09 PM
What a flipping carry on you've had PPC. Totally ridiculous. Why, why, why does this company let itself down so badly with it's CS when in other areas they are doing so well? How difficult is it to provide every customer with a good experience? Don't they understand the importance of this?

I remember a year or two ago I had a major issue and got so fed up that I emailed the CEO of their parent company in the USA. He was brilliant and got their Director here to contact me and resolve the issue. I don't have any details to hand but can have a good search if you want them PPC.

Pinkpussycat
02-09-2009, 01:15 PM
Hiya Klos!! :flower: I have just emailed CS again but I don't expect to get a positive response or in fact a response at all :rolleyes: so if you can find that info without too much bother I would appreciate it. £50 isn't a lot of money but I just don't expect to have all this hassle over something that was their website cock up to begin with. :HUMP: :PPC:

yazrose
02-09-2009, 01:18 PM
But it is a lot of money though and its money that you've earned and decided to spend with their company and this is how they repay you for that decision.

Nice or what?

Klosblue
02-09-2009, 02:31 PM
OK PPC I've had a search and the person I emailed is Sunil Agrawal who is the Chairman of Vaibhav Gems who own STS Jewels and TJC. This is their site:- http://www.vaibhavgems.com/vaibhav2/m.htm

Sunil is based at STS Jewels in New York and although I can't find the email address I used I think it's sunilagrawal@stsjewels.com

If that's not right then you could try their customer services to ask for his email customercare@stsjewels.com

Good luck.

Pinkpussycat
02-09-2009, 03:02 PM
Cheers Klos :clap:....I think quite a few fms and guests will be saving that info too. :thinking2: :PPC:

Marble
02-09-2009, 04:39 PM
I emailed Sunil Agrawal in the past and that email address looks familiar. I just trawled through my inbox and outbox and have obviously deleted the emails, but I recall that he responded to the effect that he had passed it on to "name" (I can't remember who) and asked him to contact me, which he did pretty pronto. Got to be worth a try.

Klosblue
02-09-2009, 06:22 PM
Sorry, going off topic here for a minute but I have to say Yazrose I like your Mood! "In love" awwww that's so nice http://bestsmileys.com/love2/3.gif

Do we need to buy new hats or are you living in wedded bliss already?

yazrose
02-09-2009, 06:38 PM
Sorry, going off topic here for a minute but I have to say Yazrose I like your Mood! "In love" awwww that's so nice http://bestsmileys.com/love2/3.gif

Do we need to buy new hats or are you living in wedded bliss already?

No hats just yet Klos, I kinda asked this guy that I like out, I managed to give him my number, I have liked him for ages. Will see what happens. xxx

Pinkpussycat
02-09-2009, 06:46 PM
You flooze!! :Mrs James: Have a great time and try not to be too good. ;) :PPC:

yazrose
02-09-2009, 06:50 PM
You flooze!! :Mrs James: Have a great time and try not to be too good. ;) :PPC:

As if I could be too good hun. xxx

Pinkpussycat
02-09-2009, 07:08 PM
As if I could be too good hun. xxx
Uhm, well just be very very bad/good and keep him coming back for more.....:Mrs James: :PPC:

Meeshoo
02-09-2009, 08:22 PM
I've just re-read this thread Sue and it occurred to me that (a) by offering to send you the £50 they have admitted liability in that their T&Cs were ambiguous and (b) by doing so they have entered into a contract with you.

I too have emailed Sunil in the past and got the same reply as Marble and also a very swift response from the manager in London at the time (who I'm sure has since moved on). Well worth an email to him.

faerie
02-09-2009, 08:46 PM
I have been told I am due a cheque too.

I mailed on the 19th Aug and got a reply back (very quickly I have to say) which stated:

'This whole process can usually take up to a month. The MD who has to counter sign the cheques is currently out of the country and is due back at the beginning of next week.'

so he was back from the week beginning the 24th, still nothing here!!

persianglitter
03-09-2009, 07:28 AM
I have been told I am due a cheque too.

I mailed on the 19th Aug and got a reply back (very quickly I have to say) which stated:

'This whole process can usually take up to a month. The MD who has to counter sign the cheques is currently out of the country and is due back at the beginning of next week.'

so he was back from the week beginning the 24th, still nothing here!!

That is so annoying, if they are offering you a cheque, then they should have the decency to send it out to you, as their customer ASAP, if it was the customer owing them the money, they wouldnt be so patient - surely in a company as big as TJC there must be more than one person in charge and capable of signing a cheque - it just seems very bad manners on TJC's behalf; a badly treated customer will soon end up taking their custom elsewhere. I Hope it all gets sorted out for you, its not nice to have the added anxiety and stress on top of things. xxxx

Klosblue
03-09-2009, 10:31 AM
Ok I must be missing something here! Why are they sending cheques instead of just refunding the credit/debit card that was used for the purchase? Money Laundering laws state that monies should be refunded by the same method as the original payment!! I thought they didn't accept cheques?

Pinkpussycat
03-09-2009, 10:44 AM
Mine had to be done by cheque Klos because it wasn't part of the original card transaction i.e. TJC charged me the full amount instead of the discounted price so they 'owed' me £50 more than the card transaction amount. :PPC:

Tabs
03-09-2009, 12:15 PM
I thought all Companies had to pay back monies owed in the same way as they were first paid?

Sacha
03-09-2009, 12:29 PM
Yes you'd think so, wouldn't you!

But TJC seem to have their own (non) system whereby refunds can only be made by cheque. I was okay with that....
until they sent me a cheque that was unsigned!! :sad:

Klosblue
03-09-2009, 10:33 PM
Yes you'd think so, wouldn't you!

But TJC seem to have their own (non) system whereby refunds can only be made by cheque. I was okay with that....
until they sent me a cheque that was unsigned!! :sad:

Ha ha that's an old trick that one Sacha - buying time perhaps??